• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

@Want2b3 dont be afraid of putting anything in here - honest accounts are the way forward!
Thanks @MrsN and for your support.

Yes great to hear how everyone is doing so well. I have realised that the support here is just the best and keeps me motivated. Did 18 mins on Xtrainer today so chuffed with that will build up slowly.

@Want2b3 brill!! 19 mins tomorrow!!

Hi all,

Great to see how everyone is doing!

I swam another 60 lengths last night.

I do wonder if I'm doing something wrong as the scales don't seem to have moved in 2 weeks.

Have my 6 week check up tomorrow so I guess I'll find out.

Hi all,

I do wonder if I'm doing something wrong as the scales don't seem to have moved in 2 weeks.

My weight has slow down after Christmas but the exercise is certainly helping the shape

Had my eight week checkup yesterday

As long as you have your protein and limit your carbs you will not go wrong

@Chill well done on the 60 lengths that's ace!!! Are you tracking your intake at all? Enough fluids? Protein?

Hi all,

@Chill this I was told by nurse last week is the body going 'no more lose I am in starvation'.
She said that because it is so little calories in fluid/soft stages that the body then hold on to every bit of energy at solid stage. I also have not lost much since solid stage and I read in a fab webpage info that the body reaches a state of homistatus? Meaning stable. I don't think I can link on here but will look for the webpage and give key words. It stated the only thing that then restarts weightloss is exercise. So you are doing extreme amounts. But I think this stall is common.

My weight has slow down after Christmas but the exercise is certainly helping the shape

Had my eight week checkup yesterday

As long as you have your protein and limit your carbs you will not go wrong
@jeff your doing fab and keeping to rules well done as I am learning not always easy!

@Want2b3 brill!! 19 mins tomorrow!!
@MrsN I did 18.5 mins lol could not do a second more lol! But delighted as thought I wasn't going to do any this evening!

Anyone else have mistaken thirst for hunger or cravings? i have noticed this last few days and trying to think of tactics to deal with it.

@MrsN I have about 1.5l a day which I had been told as long as I got a litre I was doing well. I try and track my intake but struggle if it's a bolognese type meal I've made from scratch.

I think I'm getting about 40-50g of protein but not sure how else to get more in. I've been having an egg for breakfast, chicken or mince for lunch plus bought some of the graze protein flapjacks and nut mixes to snack on as well as snacking on babybe or cheese triangles.

Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow if I'm going wrong and how to correct it!

@Chill have you got a good diary to take with you to show your team? I've been told at least 2litres per day which is a real chore some days but manageable on others.

@Chill and @MrsN 3/4 way down is weightloss plateaus section...it makes sense!

It's on obesity coverage dot com

I have found it very useful to read hope it helps others here too.

Just seen the surgeon and he is happy with my progress, I've lost 14kilo some the op, 21kilo since finishing tier 3 and 25kilo since I was referred in November 2015!

The dietician didn't really say much I had to ask about protein etc but even then I've learnt more from talking to you guys than I did from her!

I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing as it seems to be working!

Just seen the surgeon and he is happy with my progress, I've lost 14kilo some the op, 21kilo since finishing tier 3 and 25kilo since I was referred in November 2015!

The dietician didn't really say much I had to ask about protein etc but even then I've learnt more from talking to you guys than I did from her!

I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing as it seems to be working!
Felt the same after my Eight week check up ... no real advice

My dietician isn't that helpful either!!
We'll done @Chill - great loss so far!!

I see a few of us have been on a stall. Me too. In fact it kept me away from here thinking I didn't want to spread my being a misery guts. Perhaps this is just normal. I also spoke to my dietician. In fact sort of spat the dummy a little (a lot) because my fisrt appointment with him had been bumped leaving me not seeing anyone for over two months post op. Not impressed. Well he rang me! And told me I was eating too little. How's that for a surprise. I'd been struggling to keep my calories below 800 now that I'm able to eat most things. He said stop calorie counting! And concentrate more on being able to get into a routine of normal (but small portioned) good eating. Trying to make it a life long habit and all that. Hmmmmm. How do i do that on MyFitnessPal? So Ive been looking for new apps. found one that just allows you to take photos of what you eat and shares with the app community. If you want. Just started today so will report back. Hopefully will help me stop obsessing and then mini binging when I get fed up.

Hi guys - so I've been thinking about goals. Do any of you have one? On one hand I find it completely insane to even think I could get to goal and on the other hand I think goal weight is stupid! According to the NHS my ideal weight is between 6st 14 and 9st 7lb! Are they serious!? There is just no way - I would look ridiculous! As a child / early teen I swam for my county and I'm very broad shouldered so I'd look silly. So whilst 10st 7lb might be more achieveable I think I'm going to go for clothes size. I'd like to be a size 12. Perhaps that's just a pipe dream I don't know but that's the goal. Currently an 18 maybe still a 20 in the odd thing. I go to the states for 3.5 weeks in August so I'd love to be around a 14 then so the heat is much easier to cope with.
What's your goal?

@maggy don't stay away! We can support you. I think stalls are very common. Gosh the advice is so different across providers. And what works for each of us is different too. I need to calorie count. I need to keep myself in check as I'm still at the stage where my self control could disappear. Portion sizes have always been an issue so using mfp and weighing food is helping me realise what I actually need compare to what I stuffed in before.
How's your fluid intake? Have you started doing any exercise yet? Perhaps increasing those a little would help?

Those that are doing 60 lengths in the pool hats off to you. I've just done 30 and I was done!! Might you I still ache from Kettlebells last night!

I see a few of us have been on a stall. Me too. In fact it kept me away from here thinking I didn't want to spread my being a misery guts. Perhaps this is just normal. I also spoke to my dietician. In fact sort of spat the dummy a little (a lot) because my fisrt appointment with him had been bumped leaving me not seeing anyone for over two months post op. Not impressed. Well he rang me! And told me I was eating too little. How's that for a surprise. I'd been struggling to keep my calories below 800 now that I'm able to eat most things. He said stop calorie counting! And concentrate more on being able to get into a routine of normal (but small portioned) good eating. Trying to make it a life long habit and all that. Hmmmmm. How do i do that on MyFitnessPal? So Ive been looking for new apps. found one that just allows you to take photos of what you eat and shares with the app community. If you want. Just started today so will report back. Hopefully will help me stop obsessing and then mini binging when I get fed up.
@maggy don't worry Hun and don't keep away. It's times like this we need the support here. I had my 10 wk weigh in yesterday and no loss again. I realised since starting solids this week I was eating too much and now weighing food. I was eating 2/3 times too much! No wonder I felt so uncomfortable! I don't count calories yet...this may be my next move, but trying keep protein/carbs/fluid at the right grams/oz. I had found crisps which are high cal slider foods that doesn't effect the pouch and don't fill up I was eating over Xmas. They are now gone and no more. I also mistake thirst for hunger. I am working on keeping my fluids up. I didn't see my team until last week, 9 weeks post op. I was told this stall is normal as we take in so little calories on fluid/purée/soft stages that the body then holds onto everything when we return to normal eating as thinks it is starving. The website I recommended up list also backs this and says exercise is now the way forward and to shock the body into losing again. Your not alone on this @maggy oh and it does move again x

Hi guys - so I've been thinking about goals. Do any of you have one? On one hand I find it completely insane to even think I could get to goal and on the other hand I think goal weight is stupid! According to the NHS my ideal weight is between 6st 14 and 9st 7lb! Are they serious!? There is just no way - I would look ridiculous! As a child / early teen I swam for my county and I'm very broad shouldered so I'd look silly. So whilst 10st 7lb might be more achieveable I think I'm going to go for clothes size. I'd like to be a size 12. Perhaps that's just a pipe dream I don't know but that's the goal. Currently an 18 maybe still a 20 in the odd thing. I go to the states for 3.5 weeks in August so I'd love to be around a 14 then so the heat is much easier to cope with.
What's your goal?
I have a goal. It is to get to a BMI of 35 so that I can have my knee done. Once that happens and I am recovered I will set a new one as hopefully can do more and different exercise. For me the goal is getting my knee done, not the actual weight itself as i think we need motivation of a reward to get there. I think wanting to be a size 12 for your holiday in August given where you are now is achievable. I have gone from a 30 to a 22 in 4 months.

That's a cracking goal @SAM55. Wow well done on dropping those dress sizes. I'd love to be a size 12. Can't even imagine what I'd look like given I was a 22-24 before.

My new gym clothes have arrived and I can not believe they fit

From 4XL now XL top and 2XL Joggers (looking good)

It is not easy adjusting but I am trying to be part of family eating as I am the main cook

Protein porridge breakfast

½ tin of Salmon & ½ avocado with mayonnaise lunch

Home made Chicken casserole lentils and veg no potato the rest of anyone dining has bread

Snacks fruit only

Some days I am not so strict ... have fillet stake ... have had a pork pie (yum)....nuts ... red wine ... cheese ... But just as treats

I go to the gym Three times a week without fail and swim occasionally

My philosophy is you get out what you put in

My goal is to try and keep up and reduce my flabby skin (so far so good)

My advice is to keep focused on this amazing chance we have all been given ... be inspired by other peoples stories .. BUT NEVER GIVE IN ..We are all different

Keep posting and I wish you all every success

Back