• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

@jeff20stone brilliant on the change in clothes sizes! You rock!
Food intake sounds yummy too. Life does need to go on so I've built in eating out into my week as it's something we do on a regular basis both as a family and with friends and is getting easier.

@MrsN can i please ask, when you go private did you still have a sleep study? Im guessing you didnt have to have psychology input or did you? My friend is about to take the first step and im attempting to help but obviously journey is slightly different x

Hi @JakkiD no sleep study. They asked lots of questions about sleep patterns though so maybe results of that could have led to one?
No psychology input - you could include it for a few but I'd already had a year of counselling and don't need it. I guess you could get an NHS referral for that perhaps?
How are you doing Hun?

Hi @JakkiD no sleep study. They asked lots of questions about sleep patterns though so maybe results of that could have led to one?
No psychology input - you could include it for a few but I'd already had a year of counselling and don't need it. I guess you could get an NHS referral for that perhaps?
How are you doing Hun?
Hi thanks so much, im doing well I think, weight wise anyway, 4 and half stone down since the start of LRD, 3 and a half since op date, although after the last couple of weeks having a few foods disagree with me, these last few days I just have no interest in food at all, im hoping that passes quickly as my mood has been so good the last few weeks and my confidence went through the roof, youd think I was some supermodel the grin ive had on my face not still someone with about 7/8 stone to lose lol, hope youre doing well xx

Can anyone post what they're eating? I'm getting bored!

@JakkiD fab weight loss!! Well done hun! I've had days like that so reckon it's all part of the journey.
I'm bored of eating the same things so need some variety.

Can anyone post what they're eating? I'm getting bored!
I eat anything but limit my carbs

Breakfast always protein porridge

Lunch ... poached egg with baked beans .... tinned salmon avocado with mayonnaise ... smoked salmon pate ...

Dinner ... chicken casserole .. chicken with puy lentils ... chicken Thai curry ... fillet stake ... duck .. all with vegetables only

Boiled eggs are a great snack filler .... fruit ... a few nuts

Boring arnt I ... always do a mean roast on Sunday for our family's I eat the meat with cauliflower cheese

Ooh they look good @starryeyed - do you add sauce / spice etc?

I really struggle to track my intake daily but know that i have had a few naughty bits recently (a packet of skips or a couple of rich tea biscuits or a small pack of twiglets). On the few day that i have tracked my calorie intake has been under 800 (sometimes under 500) but when i look at the nutrition my carbs are pretty high which is frustrating when most of them come from a shepherds pie that i had for lunch. Weight loss has slowed down over the last couple of weeks but i am joining a gym in the next few days so hope to shock the body back in to losing however i am noticing my body change even if the weight hasn't for a few days :0)

@AndyMc1978 i lost 5lb last week and it was definitely the exercise. I joined the gym and went to a different class everyday. Previously I'd been losing 2-3lb per week. I do track my food and it keeps me focused but I will go out for meals too. I try to limit my carbs and have been reading about good/bad carbs. I do struggle to get 70g protein in per day which the dietician is advising but I try! Make sure you're drinking loads too.

I really struggle to track my intake daily but know that i have had a few naughty bits recently (a packet of skips or a couple of rich tea biscuits or a small pack of twiglets). On the few day that i have tracked my calorie intake has been under 800 (sometimes under 500) but when i look at the nutrition my carbs are pretty high which is frustrating when most of them come from a shepherds pie that i had for lunch. Weight loss has slowed down over the last couple of weeks but i am joining a gym in the next few days so hope to shock the body back in to losing however i am noticing my body change even if the weight hasn't for a few days :0)
Watch the naughty bits Andy .... I have upped my anti at the Gym never missed a session go Three times a week and have done 3 virtual classes .. take my blind nephew so it keeps me motivated
Best of luck at you gym it makes a huge difference

What medication are you all still on?
I'm going to ask at my next appointment but how long do we need to be on the omeprazole?

@jeff20stone my provider said today 18 months but I hadn't expected it to be that long.

Happy Happy Happy my weight is now going down under 16½ stone

Went to the butchers and had ordered a whole calves liver which he cut up very thin and a halved with my mum 20 frozen meals for £58

Pan fried it with two squirts of frylight and deglazed with a splash of sherry and roasted red pepper .. High in protein low fat and yum

Last edited:
Yes I am in the jacket ... and was very tight on me pre-op

Was going to the cleaners but ended up going shopping

10 weeks
Waist: -10cm
Hip: -25cm
Neck -4cm
Chest -10cm

Attachments

• IMG_20170119_122954.jpg
    IMG_20170119_122954.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
Well done @jeff20stone

This week I've seen loads of people who I haven't seen since before the sleeve and it's a real boost hearing all the comments about how great I look, I've even been told by a couple of people I look younger!

Well done @jeff20stone

This week I've seen loads of people who I haven't seen since before the sleeve and it's a real boost hearing all the comments about how great I look, I've even been told by a couple of people I look younger!
That is a lovely boost and I bet it is true .... As a male you do not get the complements except at the gym where they are taking your money but my 5 year old granddaughter said Oh granddad your belly is getting smaller ... Its my bum where I notice it most but I would be worried if somebody complemented on that

Keep up the good work

Back