• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Nice one @Chill people are noticing on me too.

What are you all doin exercise wise?
Joining the gym really has been the best thing for me so far. As I now wfh 3/4 days per week it means I get up and get myself to a class at lunch time or go for a swim. My fitness is still crap but I'm seeing a difference in my shape and actually really enjoying it. I've just come from body fusion which is a bit like circuits - tough going and I struggle with parts of it but my 3rd Saturday there now and I'm sticking with it.
I also do Zumba, aeromix, yoga, spinning (for beginners cos it's hell) and Kettlebells. I'm trying body pump this week whatever that is. Really hoping I can fight the excess skin / tone as I lose weight.

What are you all doin exercise wise?
Joining the gym really has been the best thing for me so far. As I now wfh 3/4 days per week it means I get up and get myself to a class at lunch time or go for a swim. My fitness is still crap but I'm seeing a difference in my shape and actually really enjoying it. I've just come from body fusion which is a bit like circuits - tough going and I struggle with parts of it but my 3rd Saturday there now and I'm sticking with it.
I also do Zumba, aeromix, yoga, spinning (for beginners cos it's hell) and Kettlebells. I'm trying body pump this week whatever that is. Really hoping I can fight the excess skin / tone as I lose weight.
Any thing I can to reduce the flubber

I am committed to take my blind nephew to the gym three times a week .. Gives me a high to be able to do this

win Win

I've been trying to swim at least twice a week but fitting it round committee meetings and parents evenings make it difficult!

I've managed to borrow some hockey kit from someone so going to train with the team I played for until about 4 years ago! Feeling like I can go back now I'm smaller than I was when I stopped playing!

I've been trying to swim at least twice a week but fitting it round committee meetings and parents evenings make it difficult!

I've managed to borrow some hockey kit from someone so going to train with the team I played for until about 4 years ago! Feeling like I can go back now I'm smaller than I was when I stopped playing!
Well done .... Its hard to commit yourself but needs are musts

Pictures soon in your jolly hockey kit

Morning everyone. Hubby has bought me a new fitbit (had one for some years but died about a year ago). I now feel more accountable to my exercise goals. Was told that I should not go back to the gym yet (not until 3 months post op) because heart rate kept jumping to over 180 and ended up wit palpitations all day. I have been swimming twice a week now and decided to go for my early morning walks to help me with my step goals. My stall is over (yay) and lost 6lbs and I have promised myself not to go on the scales again until January 31st. Happy Monday to you all x

That's great @paulam - I loved my Fitbit but hubby bought me an I watch for Xmas so using that now. I'm sure increasing your activity will have helped. 6lbs is fantastic! Well done. I'm sure we'll all have to face stalls at different points but we'll all reach our end goal.

Well done @paulam! I have an Apple Watch that tracks my activity and I can even swim in it and it counts the lengths for me! I also share my activity with a friend so I'm always trying to beat her which helps too!

I'm on countdown to my holiday now, 1week to go but am worried about the flight and how I'll survive with the food etc on it

Morning everyone. Hubby has bought me a new fitbit (had one for some years but died about a year ago). I now feel more accountable to my exercise goals. Was told that I should not go back to the gym yet (not until 3 months post op) because heart rate kept jumping to over 180 and ended up wit palpitations all day. I have been swimming twice a week now and decided to go for my early morning walks to help me with my step goals. My stall is over (yay) and lost 6lbs and I have promised myself not to go on the scales again until January 31st. Happy Monday to you all x
Well done on the swimming and walking, both excellent forms of exercise, and congratulations on the loss. :banana_dancer:

Good stuff @jeff20stone. I love my iwatch and my Fitbit did a great job too.

Well done everyone I may have spoken to soon because the pain in my heel has returned with a vengeance. I have had prior to surgery and was relieved it was gone and I really thought thats it no more wondering whether I can walk up the hill or to the shops. Was hoping to go for my swim but it is too painful. Does anyone know any good apps that I could use at home to do light exercise that does not involve standing? TIA

Well done everyone I may have spoken to soon because the pain in my heel has returned with a vengeance. I have had prior to surgery and was relieved it was gone and I really thought thats it no more wondering whether I can walk up the hill or to the shops. Was hoping to go for my swim but it is too painful. Does anyone know any good apps that I could use at home to do light exercise that does not involve standing? TIA
Macarena seated HAY

First session at the gym tonight and i am both dreading and looking forward to it. Hope that the exercise will jump start my weight loss a bit if it doesn't kill me first lol

I'm sure it will @AndyMc1978. Whilst my scales haven't moved yet this week I can see my shape has changed. I'm really enjoying exercise classes but my fitness it a bit crap so hoping that increases as I've less lard to move.

@jeff20stone it won't be long before you forget that 1lb was tough to shift!

Back