• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

The dietician told me after 3 months I could have alcohol,now enjoy a glass or two of wine with my husband on the weekend
That's so unfair my booklet says a year:eek: luckily I only drink once a year...baileys at Xmas (used to be full litre bottle not in one go lol):p but will have to find non milk version:confused:

I'm going to have a glass of wine on Friday and assess how I feel.

Mine say 3 months and only small amount. I don't want to cut it out forever. I'll be wanting a few ciders at Glastonbury!

Gym wise what do you all do when in there. As I said before I've been focusing on classes really but I've been to the gym a couple of times now and enjoyed it but mainly treadmill, cross trainer and bike. Today I actually ran on the treadmill. I ran at 8.0 for 4 mins then walked for 4 mins then did it again twice. Didn't think my legs would carry me as my quads were aching from last nights aeromix but they did. Feel great now. Off to my support group at the hospital tonight - anyone else go to one?

Gym wise what do you all do when in there. As I said before I've been focusing on classes really but I've been to the gym a couple of times now and enjoyed it but mainly treadmill, cross trainer and bike. Today I actually ran on the treadmill. I ran at 8.0 for 4 mins then walked for 4 mins then did it again twice. Didn't think my legs would carry me as my quads were aching from last nights aeromix but they did. Feel great now. Off to my support group at the hospital tonight - anyone else go to one?
I do very little cv work now only 25min on bike and sometimes cross-trainer or 20min power-wave ...
I am concentrating on weight exercises to try and tone the skin
Very active during the day ... out cycling soon

I have only had wine and it is sooo good one glass and you are flushed .... my teams advice said Avoid ... to me that is not a No
Your a cheap night out ;)

I don't feel fit enough to keep up in a class. I do 5 mins on treadmill 3.4 at 2.5 hill which kills me! Then cross trainer for 18-22 mins depending on time and one set of weights x3 only. Don't have time or energy for anything else:oops:

@MrsN good luck tonight let us know how you get on. My NHS don't do anything like this.

I don't feel fit enough to keep up in a class. I do 5 mins on treadmill 3.4 at 2.5 hill which kills me! Then cross trainer for 18-22 mins depending on time and one set of weights x3 only. Don't have time or energy for anything else:oops:

That's great though! TBH each class has different levels and you can go at your own pace so you never know. It's a lot of fun!

@jeff20stone i need to get into weights. Will book in with the instructor and ask him to show me a few things.

@Want2b3 the support group was actually really good. It was nice hearing people's stories and the journey they're on. I got some useful information too and made some contacts with people. I'll go again! Shame your provider doesn't offer similar.

Mine said 12 months! It is to allow your liver to adjust. I couldn't resist a mouthful of Baileys on Christmas Eve, and one mouthful was more than enough!

@Want2b3 the support group was actually really good. It was nice hearing people's stories and the journey they're on. I got some useful information too and made some contacts with people. I'll go again! Shame your provider doesn't offer similar.
Sounds like you got really good stuff out of the group @MrsN its nice to hear other stories in RL and you are not alone. Great you made some RL WL buddies too:) Really motivating I would think!

Mine said 12 months! It is to allow your liver to adjust. I couldn't resist a mouthful of Baileys on Christmas Eve, and one mouthful was more than enough!
Another cheap date;)

Looking at the thread today for the first time in a while. So great to see everyone doing well and doing their gym bunny stuff! I'm inspired!!

I've been struggling with gall bladder type problems but think I now have it licked. Had a couple of weeks where I had severe pain about ten minutes after I ate anything. Not fun. But I've finally figured out what does and doesn't work for me - any fat at all even a little, chilli and alcohol. Trying to avoid more surgery so using dietary control. Seems to be working :0) Anyone else have gall bladder/stone problems? Great upside is that I broke my stall. There's always a silver lining :0)

Looking at the thread today for the first time in a while. So great to see everyone doing well and doing their gym bunny stuff! I'm inspired!!

I've been struggling with gall bladder type problems but think I now have it licked. Had a couple of weeks where I had severe pain about ten minutes after I ate anything. Not fun. But I've finally figured out what does and doesn't work for me - any fat at all even a little, chilli and alcohol. Trying to avoid more surgery so using dietary control. Seems to be working :0) Anyone else have gall bladder/stone problems? Great upside is that I broke my stall. There's always a silver lining :0)
painful but a risk ... hope you manage and recover ... I have hunger pains but find it hard to satisfy as can not eat ... that is the difference with bypass

Back