• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Chill

Hi all,

Well done @jeff20stone I love cycling and did 28.5 miles on a Friday and 29miles on sunday I love living on the south coast as we have some lovely beaches to cycle to!

How is everyone else doing? I've just weighed myself and have lost 5 stone!! And am out of the 14's (only just!)

MrsN

Hi guys. How's the pain now @paulam?
I'm good. My weight is slowly coming off. I tend to lose 1-2lb per week. I exercise almost daily. Mainly running now around 4-5k. And some pump classes. Need to increase the weights ideally.
Re food. My restriction is tight. I can't eat more than 120grams of food. A few treats have snuck in over the last week (an Easter egg and some crisps). I need to look forwards at how I manage that as I never have them.

paulam

my little bike ride from my house today
Wow well done @jeff20stone I cant ride a bike but spoke to someone last week about doing some lessons (just dont want to tell my kids and hubby until I have mastered it lol) So sneeking around to try and fit it in with all their demands. You certainly burn a lot of calories which makes it even more tempting hmm

paulam

Hi guys. How's the pain now @paulam?
I'm good. My weight is slowly coming off. I tend to lose 1-2lb per week. I exercise almost daily. Mainly running now around 4-5k. And some pump classes. Need to increase the weights ideally.
Re food. My restriction is tight. I can't eat more than 120grams of food. A few treats have snuck in over the last week (an Easter egg and some crisps). I need to look forwards at how I manage that as I never have them.
@MrsN I tend to eat around 150g per meal but I also eat around 4-5 times a day and some days I can just about manage 2-3 meals and cannot finish it.

maggy

Just out of curiousity does anybody find they can eat a lot more than a couple of months ago? I find myself eating more often and not getting that full feeling.

Hi @paulam, yes I'm able to eat a lot more now. I'm sure that's normal though am also aware that it's easy to stretch the pouch so trying to be careful.

maggy

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well. I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks so eating was all over the place. Had a few wines and a few too many treats. Was amazed when I got back that I'd still lost a pound! I guess it can't have been too bad and I did do a lot of exercise - biked everywhere! Suffering from a bit of anemia so must be more careful with the vitamins. But all good. Even fitted into a pair of size 12 jeans!! Very stretchy jeans, but still. :DMy upper half is in stubbornly in 14/16s but I've always been a little top heavy. It a wonder I can stay upright ;)

MrsN

@maggy size 12 woohoo!! Go you!!
I've had a bad few days. But back on track now.

Want2b3

Hey November losers hope it's going well! I had my six month check up this week. I am guessing more of you are to follow as I was first to have op! I am doing really well lost 61kg since op and although weight loss is about 1lb a week now I am happy with that as less than a stone off my target and losing half my body weight! Never did I think I would lose this much in six months was expecting it to take well over a year! I try and stick to the food rules like week 6 and exercise 20 minutes 3-4 times a week. Now in size 12s trousers and tops but 14 jackets so hoping these last 10 lbs gets me to a perfect 10 bottoms :cool:
My life is amazing now especially this time of year being able to wear fashionable clothes etc...going to a party next month and got a size 12 red flowery dress ready:D wearing a dress alone is :wee:

Hope you are all losing and enjoying the summer...ok weather still not great but feeling freer than this time last year re clothes, going out, happier and most of all healthier x

Maria61

Hey November losers hope it's going well! I had my six month check up this week. I am guessing more of you are to follow as I was first to have op! I am doing really well lost 61kg since op and although weight loss is about 1lb a week now I am happy with that as less than a stone off my target and losing half my body weight! Never did I think I would lose this much in six months was expecting it to take well over a year! I try and stick to the food rules like week 6 and exercise 20 minutes 3-4 times a week. Now in size 12s trousers and tops but 14 jackets so hoping these last 10 lbs gets me to a perfect 10 bottoms :cool:
My life is amazing now especially this time of year being able to wear fashionable clothes etc...going to a party next month and got a size 12 red flowery dress ready:D wearing a dress alone is :wee:

Hope you are all losing and enjoying the summer...ok weather still not great but feeling freer than this time last year re clothes, going out, happier and most of all healthier x
Fantastic, well done xx

MrsN

Amazing!!! Well done you.
I've put my check back a bit as I'm on holiday. I'd like to lose another 26lb but we'll see.

Want2b3

Thanks both! Hey @MrsN your doing fantastically too! Enjoy your hols as that has got to be done:D

Chill

Well done @Want2b3. That's a fantastic loss!

I had my 6 month check up on Wednesday and I've lost 39k which I was amazed at as I thought I'd only lost about 5 stone but it's actually 6 1/4!
I'm now in a size 16 and people I haven't seen for ages only recognise me because they see my children and know I'm their mum, if I wasn't with them they wouldn't have realised it was me!

I'm exercising pretty much everyday now whether it be hockey, swimming walking or cycling but I find I can't sit still!

I've had a big decision to make regarding work and things have been stressful so I've found myself having a. Couple of glasses of wine not sure it's that good for me but i didn't half sleep well

Want2b3

Well done @Want2b3. That's a fantastic loss!

I had my 6 month check up on Wednesday and I've lost 39k which I was amazed at as I thought I'd only lost about 5 stone but it's actually 6 1/4!
I'm now in a size 16 and people I haven't seen for ages only recognise me because they see my children and know I'm their mum, if I wasn't with them they wouldn't have realised it was me!

I'm exercising pretty much everyday now whether it be hockey, swimming walking or cycling but I find I can't sit still!

I've had a big decision to make regarding work and things have been stressful so I've found myself having a. Couple of glasses of wine not sure it's that good for me but i didn't half sleep well
Well done @Chill over 6 stone :wee::wee::wee:
I have had stress with work too and found my old devil crisps creeping back in this week too and have put 2 lbs on so will go strict to try and undo damage for Wednesday weekly weigh in. Had a 3 day binge it's done I will put that stick away! It's a bad coping strategy wine/crisps/cakes etc will use the gym to release it now next week! Hope you too can get back on track re wine. Maybe have it as a treat occasionally and find other coping strategies. I am 10 lbs today off target I am NOT undoing this bloody hard work now! But I think BMI 24.9 will now be my final goal as its getting so hard now. I did want to go a bit lower but the stress on myself currently isn't worth the stress! I will be happy with just being in healthy weight.

Want2b3

we are all six months post oppers how are we all doing
So pleased ... bit of sun on my gym body ... looking good
Happy 6 months @jeff20stone and all November 2016 losers! Hope you are all keeping at it as it's hard work now.