• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

paulam

Hi everyone not been on here for a while. How is everyone doing? I have since found out I was losing slow because I had Hashimotos disease and more serious issues. Basically my metabolism was low I am on a slow road to recovery but fighting to lose more weight before my two year anniversary. I am pleased with my weight loss so far at just over 7 stones from the beginning

Is anybody else still trying to lose a few pounds/stones more?

Bling Babe

Oh bless you, I guess that as you know now you can work with it too, I’m sorry to hear that though, you have done incredibly well so far which is a positive you must embrace xx

Irene44

Gosh you have done so well with all your health problems. Amazing job xx

Want2b3

Hi Guys well it’s 2 years post happy surgery hope everyone doing ok! I have put on a little bit of weight but this is 12 weeks post surgery on tummy tuck not able to lift or exercise so 8lbs up but will start exercise after Xmas again. Currently 10st 2lbs. Want to be 9st 8lbs. Had all my excess tummy skin removed which for me is the real start to the new me as excess skin just increased my confidence issues further. I am a size 8 and really happy with my new self. Now this is done waiting for referral for arms to be done next hopefully next summer if funding goes through then I will be finished my new me! Anyway hope you get to update guys!
Still have to stick to the rules with protein and carbs but post tummy tuck surgery have found this difficult and hence some weight gain as discovered the sleeve is a tool and if not worked hard every day it can cause weight gain again! It is still hard work! Good luck guys and glad I came back to motivate me back to losing those 8 lbs maybe now before Xmas!? Am exactly 12 stone down from pre surgery (22st 2lbs) so so pleased I have a new life and go dancing (Well will restart after Xmas).

Want2b3

2 yrs post op!

Attachments

• CEC587A3-8350-4C96-9505-2A66147C9210.jpeg
    CEC587A3-8350-4C96-9505-2A66147C9210.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 13

paulam

Hi Everyone

Thought I would have lost more weight by now but put on now back to my november weight. It has helped that I have changed to a plant based diet but it's not very easy getting all the protein in. Hope you are all well. Well done want2be3 you are doing so well x

Bling Babe

@Bling Babe how are you I have not been on here in a while. Hence why I have only just seen messages
Hiya I’m good thank you, more importantly how are your fairing with your health issues? X

paulam

Hi bling babe

I am getting there slowly. At the time I was diagnosed with hashimoto's disease I found out I had thyroid cancer which had spread to my lymph nodes Two open to remove thyroid and 69 lymph nodes then a further 8 lymph nodes I then had third surgery 7 weeks ago to remove final offending lymph nodes so just need to go through another round of radio iodine treatment. It has been a whirlwind of events which has left me unable to focus on losing weight. I am hoping that after this 2nd round of treatment that I can spend more time ensuring I am eating the right things to lose weight ( I was asked to try not to lose any weight during treatment and surgery)

Anyway good to hear you are doing well. I am going to try and spend some of my time off catching up cos it's been such a long time x

Bling Babe

I’m so sorry to hear this, you’ve been through so much, weight loss is definitely at the bottom of the list at the moment, you must put all your emotional energy into getting well again, I send you love and cyber hugs and wish you very well soon. Xxx

paulam

I’m so sorry to hear this, you’ve been through so much, weight loss is definitely at the bottom of the list at the moment, you must put all your emotional energy into getting well again, I send you love and cyber hugs and wish you very well soon. Xxx
Thank you bling babe. Weight loss and eating healthy really takes my mind off my other issues At present going for walks is my only form of exercise because I get tired quickly and have limited movement in arms/ shoulders at the moment (physio should fix soon) so no swimming so I guess that's why I am looking at the best way to stay healthy

My main issues now is that I have changed to a plant based diet i am looking at alternative ways to get all my protein in Especially at breakfast time (been eating plant based for almost 6 months)

Sarnie

Hi bling babe

I am getting there slowly. At the time I was diagnosed with hashimoto's disease I found out I had thyroid cancer which had spread to my lymph nodes Two open to remove thyroid and 69 lymph nodes then a further 8 lymph nodes I then had third surgery 7 weeks ago to remove final offending lymph nodes so just need to go through another round of radio iodine treatment. It has been a whirlwind of events which has left me unable to focus on losing weight. I am hoping that after this 2nd round of treatment that I can spend more time ensuring I am eating the right things to lose weight ( I was asked to try not to lose any weight during treatment and surgery)

Anyway good to hear you are doing well. I am going to try and spend some of my time off catching up cos it's been such a long time x
I hope your treatment goes well, you've really been through a lot, wishing you well x