• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

nuffield hospital, leeds bradford, prof mcmahon, anyone got any experience

Duchess_wobbles

anyone had their op there or by prof mcmahon????

hi
yes i had my bypass there with prof mcmahon, it was on the nhs, the only bad thing is i seem to have got lost i was seen at 5 weeks post op was told he would see me in 2 months then nothing, in one way i was glad as me and my hubby don't drive, and it would have been difficult to get back there.
any questions just shout.
alison

Hi there,
not sure if you know about the handy little tool at the top of the page . I only found it yesterday. Go to top of page click on search put in a keyword e.g. Nuffield or the surgeons name. click on search and it does just that. Go back into search and put the dot on posts and look there (theres one for titles and one for posts and one for blogs) You can then read up on everything thats been written about that hospital or surgeon. Hope this helps xx

Hiya Duchess Wobbles. I was at Nuffield with Professor McMahon. Lovely man. As my newbie thread said 'love that man' lol

He was really nice, discussed everything with me. Am I sure etc when at The Hospital Groups clinic. Then I didn't see him again until the day of the surgery, waiting on my trolley. Then he came round to see me after the surgery and my first words to him were ' was my liver small enough' lol

thanks everyone. Katherino1 - great advice - I will do that now

I had my bypass with Dr Sarala at Leeds Nuffield, amazing hospital. I was on ingleborough ward, the nurses are all amazing, i couldn't fault my stay in any way what-so-ever.

Hi Duchess Wobbles, I'm waiting to see the Prof May 8th in Manchester through the hospital group. I believe he's very good so will let you knwo once I've been there.
Debs

im having it done by the proff... going privaite. i get admited on the 11th of may.

hes a lovely bloke :)

.x.

The Prof

I had my gastric banding done by the Prof back in November 2006 at the Leeds Nuffield.

Both him and his team were fantastic. I was told that when your having your op done by the Prof, you were having the best, he has been doing it the longest, was the first to carry out gastric banding, don't know if that is true but thats what I was told.

Absolutely no worries if he is looking after you.

I have lost 6 stone, probably should have lost more but spent last year looking after my mum with Alzheimers, and didn't concentrate on the weightloss. Stuck at the same weight, didn't put any back on, so I'm happy.

Unfortunately lost my mum, so now just getting myself back into it again.
Good luck
Regards
Jo:p

God bless Jo, sorry to hear about your loss but well done you for getting yourself back into the weight loss again!

The Prof

I had my gastric banding done by the Prof back in November 2006 at the Leeds Nuffield.

Both him and his team were fantastic. I was told that when your having your op done by the Prof, you were having the best, he has been doing it the longest, was the first to carry out gastric banding, don't know if that is true but thats what I was told.

Absolutely no worries if he is looking after you.

I have lost 6 stone, probably should have lost more but spent last year looking after my mum with Alzheimers, and didn't concentrate on the weightloss. Stuck at the same weight, didn't put any back on, so I'm happy.

Unfortunately lost my mum, so now just getting myself back into it again.
Good luck
Regards
Jo:p
How did you get on with the band post surgery, any complications

Back