• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hooray All Done - Am Now Officially A LOSER !!!!!!

Nah, keep grinning chick, much more fun!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

oooh not sure about that one Caroline. My son announced today that he wants to visit me too, and he's only 7. Tried to put him off but he's adamant. So I've asked my mum to bring him one evening after school (its 1 1/2 hours each way) if he still wants to come next week.

I think for me I don't want to say no (didn't think about saying no kids allowed) I know my son's a worrier and I think if he wants to come its best to let him so he can see I'm ok.

It is a dilemma this one, my 8 year old son will want to see me to know I'm ok even if it's only for 2 minutes - they worry about us don't they bless them. Maybe you could have a good chat on the phone if the hospital doesn't allow kiddies in ??

Yeah I know exactly what you mean - my 11 year old is such a caring lad - he will be desperate to see me - trouble is that will mean my 12 year old lad coming and my five year old girl - and i am really worried how my daughter would feel to see her mum in pain.

perhaps it is gonna have to be a case of wait and see - see how you feel a couple of days after op and if ok then maybe let the kiddywinkles visit.

I understand it may be a case of worrying about the unknown for them if they don't visit.

But then again maybe this is a case of mummy knows best and have them wait to see us a little more life like - after all will still be able to speak to them on the phone.

mmmmm difficult one isnt it !!!!

vicky - sorry i think i confused you - the hospital DO allow children but i was gonna tell a little white lie and tell my son they didn't - so he didn't think we were being funny and keeping him away on purpose

Just popping in hun to say well done again I'm over the moon for you, only 3 weeks after me, looks like we will be hitting Wigan sooner than we thought :)

xxxx

Aww thanks chick - you're a good mate!!!

Already been working out how many weeks till christmas and tryin to work out which size dress i may be able to slip my new slimmer body into!!!!

Just read your other post chick - sorry to hear you've had words with the other half again - seems so unfair when everything else is going so perfect in your life right now.

MEN !!!! Leave him to it - we all know how much they like to sulk

Congratulations on getting your Op date Caroline!! :D:D:D

Lacey x :)

Hi Caroline,
Sorry we met online in such a "shitty" way (get the play on words?Lol). So pleased you have a date after the agonising wait. Have they said how long you will be in hospital? Each hospital varies, but I was still on a drip etc for part of the second day and although I felt better, from Gordon's video phone recording, I still looked poorly. If your lad is visiting it may be an idea to play it by ear and wait until you're up and about because he might worry if you're stuck to tubes etc and laid up in bed.

Thanks vicky - yeah thats it now - I am a bit of a planaholic.

Need to think about arrangements for my kids whilst in hospital and maybe a couple of days post op.

One of my lads (age 11) says he definately wants to come and see me in hospital - but think it would be best if they stay away for the first few days - might say because it is a private hospital they don't allow children to visit - do you think i will get away with it or not.

Does any one have any ideas / suggestions - perhaps from experience - things you would or would not do again in hind sight re children.

Don't want them to see me in pain - but understand they will worry if they don't see me at all.

Decisions, decisions !!!

HI CAROLINE, remember me, i had gastric bypass at nuffields ,leeds by proff mike mcmahon, the day i was admitted my 3 children aged 4, 10, 15yrs came to see me in the evening.next day (op day) only my partner came as i stayed in icu for 1 day.next day i was taken back to my lovely private room,my kids came to see me in the afternoon and also came back in the evening. you dont see any other patients unless when you go for a walk down the corridors and you bump into them.also you will feel fine , i made sure i had had some paracetomol before i had visitors but they get you up and wandering around after op so you won't be lying in ur bed, weather you want to or not.lol
hope this helps.michelle7272

Just found my original thread - thought it had disappeared into cyber-space along with some of my other stuff - technology is not always a good thing!!!!!

Will carry on posting on here now - sorry to mess you very lovely peeps about !!!

Any of you seasoned oppers got any ideas of what i should stock up on in my medicine cabinet for after op - avoid discomfort if at all possible.

Cheers

hi shel - sorry to jump threads - pre-op not too bad at all really can have

weetabix or slice of toast for brekkie

lunch - choose a coupe from - crisp breads, salad, small portion meat, fish, small piece of cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, beans, small baked potatoe, fruit

Dinner - similar to lunch

So not too restrictive really.

How are you finding the losing side shel ?

Since you went into hospital what have you found to be :

a) easier/better than you expected
b) harder/worse than you expected

Caroline, get Gripe Water, Gripe Water and more Gripe Water!! That was my godsend for post-op wind pain!!! Apart from that I used Calpol for pain, but really only needed it for a couple of days.

hi shel - sorry to jump threads - pre-op not too bad at all really can have

weetabix or slice of toast for brekkie

lunch - choose a coupe from - crisp breads, salad, small portion meat, fish, small piece of cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, beans, small baked potatoe, fruit

Dinner - similar to lunch

So not too restrictive really.

How are you finding the losing side shel ?

Since you went into hospital what have you found to be :

a) easier/better than you expected
b) harder/worse than you expected

Sounds similar to the pre-op I started on. I got sick of weighing though and changed over to the milk diet after 3 days :p

Ok medicine cupboard. If you get wind pain, then gripe water and rennies deflatine. I didn't get any wind pain so bought them but didn't use them! The only things I used were Benefibre (can't stress how good that stuff is, you will get diarrhea because of the antibiotics they give you and this regulates you and prevents constipation) and calpol (make sure you get sugar free). You can get soluble paracetemol instead but I found it hard to stomache!

I did take a couple of immodium instants early on before I started on the benefibre as I had diarrhea for 5 days solid (or rather not solid lol).

I also ordered shopping online for when I got home as hubby is useless at getting what I want! You can order a week or two in advance so its handy to do to make sure you have yoghurts and fresh soups etc.

Easier than expected - the pain! Most of my pain was related to my arthritus from lying on the op table for 3 hours. Stomach pain was mild and I had no wind pain. Also eating, I've not been sick once.

Worse than expected - the tiredness! I booked 2 1/2 weeks off work, due back on Monday, but I know that in all honesty I could do with another week off as I am exhausted by little things still.

All in all the whole process was nowhere near as bad as I expected. I had a glitch with the heparin injections as I'm extremely needle phobic and just couldn't let hubby do it, but my local walk in centre were fantastic and did it for me.

HTH :D

Shel

Thanks for that guys will have a trip to Boots and stock up.

How did you find the milk diet shel - what did it consist of ?

I found the milk diet easier, as it was so simple. I had 2 pints of semi skimmed and 2 diet yoghurts a day. Most days I didn't have both yoghurts cos I just wasn't hungry.

Hi Caroline, fantastic news about your date, soon will be saying goodbye to all the weight! I had the milk diet like shell, I couldnt stand the milk and just had the yoghurts but like shell I just didnt feel hungry when I was on it!
I know you were asking about wether to let your kids in to see you, I say play it by ear everyone on here has had a different recovery I for one was up and walking about following morning in the ICU much to the nurses amusment! Felt fine once pain was under control a bit sore but presentable! I have to say though I am a pain in the bum I dont do ill lol x

I'm new on here but just wanted to wish you luck with your milk diet and the op.

Not long to go now!!

Morning guys - am a little bit worried this morning, wonder if anyone has any advice.

A couple of days ago I started with a cough and cold (panic set in - do NOT want my op to be delayed)!!!

Seem to have got it all under control now except for my cough - it seems to be a really chesty / catarrahy / phlegmy cough (sorry to be so descriptive).

Does any one know of any remedies to try and shift this off my chest - am really startin to worry now.

I also believe dairy products exasperate these symptoms so will probably not switch to the milk diet.

ANY advice very welcome. Thanks

Back