• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hooray All Done - Am Now Officially A LOSER !!!!!!

Go and see your GP TODAY! Explain the situation and ask if antibiotics will shift it.

A few years ago I was on immunosuppressants, and had to be very careful with coughs and colds etc, as soon as one started I was always given anti-b's and they always shifted it.

Can't think of anything else to suggest really. If it doesn't shift then delaying the op is in your best interest as a bad chest and anaesthesia just doesn't make sense. I know its not what you want to hear sorry! You have to put your health first though.

Beat you to it with that one shel - have already been to the docs. He did give me some antibiotics and started taking them yesterday.

I have no temperature / blocked / runny nose or any other cold symptoms now - just a tight chest.

Have just sent my hubby to the chemist to see if they can recommend anything that will help break the mucus up.

So fingers crossed - I really do not want this to screw things up !!

well you're doing all you can then :) if it doesn't shift by monday or tuesday you'll have to call the hospital.

Yeah thats what i'm gonna do.

Get as much rest as poss and see if it has eased by then.

fingers crossed.

fingers crossed you feel better soon Caroline x

caroline now you are on yr antibiotics try doing some deep breathing right down to yr diaphram. do this 5 times then get a mirror or stand by the window and then take a deep breath in and then breath out really hard so the you steam it up the mirror or window do this about 5 times and it should encouragh you to cough. By taking the deep breaths in in the firs place it gets air behind any deep seated phlemgh and enchourages it to come up. hense faster recovery.
HTH
HC

Morning all - Thanks for all your advice - cough seems to have eased off quite a bit. Still there a little so not out of the woods yet - hopefully it won't affect my op.

Can't believe I actually go in hospital tomorrow (op not till thursday morning) I am due to have an operation that is gonna affect the rest of my life !!!!

Feels so surreal - excited yet a little apprehensive at the same time.

Thanks mandy - not feeling too bad at all really considering.

Feels slightly weird to be happy about undergoing major surgery - guess its cos I truly believe it is the right thing to be doing.

I work as a teaching assistant and have had the usual cruel "fat" comments from some of the kids. Can't wait to no longer be that person - especially as my kids go to the same school and they have to hear the comments.

I truly am lookin forward to my hubby and kids feelin proud of me (even though I know they love me regardless).

and more importantly, you being proud of yourself Caroline!! You will be fine - it is natural to be feeling a bit odd in the run up to surgery - it is something we all think about so hard and for so long when it actually arrives it all seems a bit surreal!
I was the same as you - I had that real true fundamental belief that it was the right thing to be doing, so you have a great attittude and that will help you sail through the next few days, and before you know it you will join us on the losing side. Good luck hun xx

Thanks ali - need as many positive thoughts as i can get - I know i am gonna be feelin pretty much like c**p the first couple of days - but eh - positive thoughts are what will get me through.

Thanks guys.

Not long now! Verrrrry exciting. I found that the last couple of days I was much calmer than expected.

Will think good thoughts for you!

Thanks mandy - not feeling too bad at all really considering.

Feels slightly weird to be happy about undergoing major surgery - guess its cos I truly believe it is the right thing to be doing.

I work as a teaching assistant and have had the usual cruel "fat" comments from some of the kids. Can't wait to no longer be that person - especially as my kids go to the same school and they have to hear the comments.

I truly am lookin forward to my hubby and kids feelin proud of me (even though I know they love me regardless).

Caroline, Caroline, Caroline - you know they are all very proud of you and wouldn't swap you for the world, although I'm going to adopt Lauren she's such a sweetie. You have such a lovely family and they are a pleasure to be around I love spending time with you.

Will be thinking of you loads hun and make sure you get Pete to let me know on Thursday.

Love ya mate and can't wait to see you xxxx

Hi
Sending happy thoughts and feelings your way, congratulations on your upcoming op and that you are on your way to becoming a loser (in the nicest sense). Have a safe journey and Take care, I hope your cough is much better by the time of your op.
Sending you lots of hugs Trina xxxx

Ahh thanks everyone for your best wishes - really means a lot having all your support.

Nic - thanks for that - you're a diamond - really glad we have met, you're a real top gal !!!!!

My daughter (Lauren) is making me laugh - she says it seems like it is my birthday cos i have had loads of visitors and cards. Can understand what she is sayin I do feel very loved at the mo - and I am getting one hell of a present on Thursday morning !!!

Had some one on one time with my daughter today - been to the pics. Taking my boys bowling in a while to spend some time just with them.

Tryin to keep busy - although to be honest i don't feel too nervous.......

....... YET !!!!!!

Hi all - this is probably gonna be my last post until i reach the losing side.

What can I say - thanks to EVERYONE for all your support through "phase one" of my wls - your encouragement and friendship through the agonising wait has been second to none.

I am looking forward to joining the rest of you losers on here then we can all share our journeys through "phase two".

Thanks for everything guys - this site is a godsend - and you folks are just ace !!!!!!

see you all soon - will update as soon as poss - but will ask nic or sara to keep you updated until i get back on.

Back