• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hooray All Done - Am Now Officially A LOSER !!!!!!

good luck Caroline, look forward to hearing from you on the losing side x

Hi All - I'm back !!!!

Am now 13 days post bypass and am feelin pretty good.

The op itself was nowhere near as bad as i thought it was gonna be - in fact once I had come round from the anaesthetic everyone was telling me I didn't look like i had just been through surgery.

Don't get me wrong the first couple of days I was pretty sore (but not as bad as expected) and within a week I felt pretty much back to normal.

Am managing fine with the liquid diet - although some days i do feel a bit bored, so am lookin forward to the next stage - was told by my surgeon 4 weeks of liquids - but was wondering how long some of you guys waited. Am thinking of starting slowly at maybe 3 weeks cos me and the hubby are goin to Dublin for a few nights. What do you folks advise??

Will get around to writing up my full personal experience of the op very soon - but for now am just glad to be back posting.

Thank you all for your lovely kind wises before and after I went for surgery - they really meant a lot.

It feels sooooo good to be a loser !!!!!!

Great to see you back! I managed about 10 days on liquids lol, it was soooo boring!

I know what you mean - there are only so many different flavours of soups / milkshakes / yogs and jelly a girl can take.

What did you move onto next shel - wanna take it really steady if I am gonna do it before the full 4 weeks.

mashed potato, mushy peas, mushed nana's, then things like cottage pie (all mixed up so extra sloppy), well cooked pasta, fish, runny scrambled eggs etc.

Now at oooh about 6-7weeks post op I still have soft food, but have started having bread so I can have half a sandwich for my lunch on a work day. Have either a small peice of toast or a small bowl of soft cereal for breakfast no problems. I read in a book that you should take bites the size of a pencil-top-eraser and chew chew chew and so when I remember to do that I have no problems.

Dumped once on Aunt Bessies frozen mash with full fat cheese added in, was tooo much fat. Now I make my own mash so I know its not got cream etc in.

gosh it is all such a learning curve - gonna stick it out on my liquids for as long as I can - then maybe a few days before we go to Dublin try maybe a little bit of soft cereal, soft scrambled eggs, potatoe etc - might make things a little easier whilst we are away.

Am terrified of dumping - but am aware i will get it at some point.

Just have to be as careful as poss.

Hi Caroline, brilliant news that your op went so well!! I had liquids for four weeks as my surgeon recommended it, I know its boring to have liquids but I stuck to it and have had no problems with dumping. Stick with it, its only a couple more weeks and then you will enjoy your mush even more lol!!

must admit, I wish i had stuck to it more, as I think my loss would be much higher if I had.

Back