• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hooray All Done - Am Now Officially A LOSER !!!!!!

staypositive

On The Losing Side
Hi All,

Hope you have all been keeping well - been really busy myself!!

Got my appointment date through for 2nd July - this will be my initial consultation with my surgeon. (all funding is in place - getting to the nitty gritty now - yikes!!)

Has anyone had / due to have prof mcmahon for their op ?

Would love to hear any experiences from Nuffield Leeds ?

How long do you think it will be after this appt till the actual op ?

My BMI is only just at 40 so am worried in case he turns
round and says no (but I don't think so now that funding has all been approved), wondering what will happen if it drops below 40 when I start the pre-op diet - do you think it will matter at that stage?

Thanks for listening to me drone on.:blahblah:

You are a fantastic bunch!! :gen126:

Last edited:
Hey caroline, my BMI is the same, and I'm still having my surgery! Once funding is in place the surgeons don't mind, because they're getting paid!

Would think it will be quite quick once you've seen him. One thing I wish I'd asked was exactly what happens next; I went away thinking I would get a second appointment through in a matter of weeks, but in reality I got a surgery date through 6 weeks later, so I wish I'd of been more clear on what to wait for next!

Good luck with it!

Hi Shelbel,

Thanks for the reply - certainly reassures me a bit.

To be honest I keep waiting for an obstacle to come up cos so far everything has been plain sailing for me (may have somethin to do with the fact I mither the decision makers so much) but hell - why not - this effects me every day so I'll pester them every day.

Believe you are having op same week as Nic (3 of you) - you are really lucky havin a bunch of you all at the same time to compare notes.

Really hope everythin goes well for you all - I am sure it will !!!

Seems so strange to be getting excited about major surgery - just goes to show how desperate and committed we all are - fortune conquers the brave !!!!

yup nic and i are having the op in the same hospital on the same day! don't tell her, but if her names ahead of mine on the list I'm planning on swapping nametags ;)

I'm sure it will be fine, my msn is [email protected] if I can help at all :)

How lucky is that wish I could find someone who was havin it at same time.

One thing I would say is be careful not to let others experiences influence yours too much - from everything I have read it TOTALLY varies for everyone!!!

Don't be dis-heartened if something isn't goin as good for you as someone else - all will turn well in the end.

Oh My God - I sound like a preacher !!!!!!

I met up with Nic last week - she is lovely a really supportive pal - you'll end up havin a right old laugh in the ozzy !!!

Hey you two, you carry on talking about me as though I can't read them lol!

Think you know the questions I asked Caroline but I'll come over on Thursday if your free hun (got a training course tomorrow at Liverpool).

Hope your ok my lovely friend xxx

Hi chick - Yeah thurs should be fine but will have to be about seven o'clock if thats ok - my daughter goes to Rainbows and I help out.

Got one question for you girls .........

.........can I be in your gang??????

I want my op done with you lot !!!!!

hiya hun
Yeah thats fine and you can be in my gang anytime lol, would be good to have you there to keep me calm, still having a wobble, not been a good day today although the lovely Mandy talked to me about it and told me I'm taking on too much so I'm under strict orders tomorrow night to come straight home, have a nice chill out bath with candles

xxx

Sounds like a good plan of action - don't forget the glass of wine though chick :party0036:

And listen - everyone is entitled to a little wobble every now and then (think we forget sometimes what we are gonna be puttin ourselves through - even though we know it is the right decision its still bloody scary) - just make sure you don't bottle your feelings up - a problem shared is a problem halved. :psiholog:

It will be my turn to lean on you in a few weeks !!!!

Cheers hun, done ok up to now to be honest and its not bothered me up til last night but suppose its only 4 weeks away now and I am excited but it is scary.

XXX

I think sometimes you feel like you are chasing an impossible dream - then something happens - like for me when I got news funding had been approved.

It makes it all seem a little more real.

That was the day I got a few butterflies.

And again a few more today when I found ot the date of my consultant appt.

So god knows how many I will have when I am 4 weeks away from op.

Thing is chick - you're nearly at the end of this journey (getting ready for the post op one ) so basically its a case of oh my god - this is REALLY happening.

You REALLY are gonna be slim - for the first time in your life!!!

How mad is that ??? It's gonna be fantastic for you nic - I am so pleased for you - really I am.

You've summed it up perfectly, its all a big waiting game from one appointment to the next and then you can't wait for a date and then you get it, your ecstatic and now the reality is hitting home.

I'm so happy to be getting the op and yeah I will be slim one day (how cool is that!!!)

Thanks hun you put it all into perspective for me, I'm off to bed now but thanks again your a good mate, it will be your turn next xxxx

night night hon - knackered myself - gonna go and tuck myself in.

Sweet dreams - see you soon

:nightf:

yup nic and i are having the op in the same hospital on the same day! don't tell her, but if her names ahead of mine on the list I'm planning on swapping nametags ;)

I'm sure it will be fine, my msn is [email protected] if I can help at all :)
thanks for the add chuck.
bet your getting nevous,there's no need, honest.don't forget to have alast supper before your pre op diet starts. i shall keep reading your threads and good luck.
michelle7272

thanks Michelle.

Nic we're all going to get wobbles at some point, I was like Caroline, got the worst one when funding was approved! I've been chasing this for years and it seemed pie in the sky so to get a step closer made it more real.

Thats why I'm trying to get to know as many of you as possible so that when the wobbles come there is a support network already in place, like you said Mandy helped you through that one. I know its probably making me seem over the top and overly confident (in reality I'm the complete opposite) but these things take a LOT of support and I'm not fussy who I get it from :D On the flip side I want to be there to support as many of you as possible whenever I can, so feel free to use that anytime you like! (that goes to all of you).

Nic you'll get the shock of your life when you meet me at clinic, I am the shyest person I know in the real world!

Hey everyone!!
I have enough positivity for us all at the mo!! We will all be fine, and we are all going to sail through this and be lovely slim bikini babes for next summer!!

Hiya Everyone.....

Nic everything Caroline said is very true.... you are bound to have a wobble god knows i had plenty of them...... although i was positive and exciting, i had post people around me being negative and only the people really on here understand what it is like and how it feels.......

You have got threw one milestone, the next 4 weeks is another and then the op another.... and then your new life (as i see it) will be another experience!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh this is such a life changing experience we are all bound to have off days....... but you and everyone on here have all the support we all need!!!!!! you moan away as much as you like!!!!!!

DOn't forget that bath and definately dont forget the galss of wine or two....

xxxx

Hey everyone!!
I have enough positivity for us all at the mo!! We will all be fine, and we are all going to sail through this and be lovely slim bikini babes for next summer!!

Your positivity is fantastic............ keep throwing some my way please!!!!!!!:)

Ali that was just what I needed this morning, not really feeling up to being back in work but didn't have a choice! Still feeling very excited but still feeling ill lol.

Hi Guys

I'm a newbie, waiting for my referral to my surgeon who is going to be Mr Pollard at Spire in Leeds. All my funding has been approved, been to the sleep clinic etc etc so just waiting on the all important initial consultation with Mr Pollard but the postman keeps forgetting to bring the letter!!:whip:
Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

Caty xxx

Back