• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2014 Surgeries

Hi all,

I got home today, feeling ok. The operation went well, the hospital kept me a further night because of my high blood pressure!! I am already getting hungry and its not head hunger, I really wanted something nice to eat, after a day and a half of drinking water and milk. My husband decided to buy fish and chips for himself and my daughter this evening and the smell made me so hungry, so like a fool I decided have one chip and god did I regret it, it took me an 1hr and half to get my stomach to settle and I started vomiting which freaked my 3 year old out - big time. Ok lesson learnt - never again.

Curls40 - I had the 1000 calories a day diet and it really worked for me. I just focus on having a balance meal of protein, vegetables and very little carbs. Its good preparation for eating healthy post surgery..

Lily Jo - Your post made me laugh!! I apparently tried to get off the operating table after my surgery, it took 4 people to hold me down. How so embarrassing, I wonder why had bruises on my arms when I came through.... I freaked out after surgery.... To much build up of stress. I wish I had brought in my music to help me relax.

Anyway - Will keep you posted.

Last edited:
i asked my work colleagues if I behaved myself after my op and they said I did so i was happy, I didn't behave myself after my previous aneasthetic, it's even worse for me as it was my work mates in the theatre when i was having my op and I didn't want to do anything silly

Are none of you October ladies doing the food version of the LSD, it's much easier

Yes I have an alternative diet which they say I can do if I don't like milk but they prefer us to do the milk diet so I really want to try and give myself the best chance possible so I'm gonna give it a try....

I'm doing the food version of the lsd diet, basically my surgeon gives you the same diet Bospa recommends. It's been really easy so far, and lost 7lb since Monday.

Zxx

There's a teeny weeny tiny chance I may get my sleeve in October after all. Starting the LSD today just in case. I find out Monday!!! Fingers and toes crossed and double crossed.

Thanks Alfie, this is a great place to get much needed support! Just good knowing yr all out there! Hope yr still doing well x

Hi Maggy
Oh I really hope you can still get your operation in October, that will be great news for you.

Certainly am my lovely and I've had first pureed meal oh my days was really chuffed with the change lol and discovered liberte yoghurt too xxx

Certainly am my lovely and I've had first pureed meal oh my days was really chuffed with the change lol and discovered liberte yoghurt too xxx

I need to try that liberte too!!! Just cant decide which flavour i should start with :)

I need to try that liberte too!!! Just cant decide which flavour i should start with :)
I have one or two daily, on offer in tesco at the minute, I love lemon and blueberry, have brought honey also this week,haven't tried yet,
I

Whats Liberte!? xx

Lovely creamy yogurt that is high in protein an either fat free or very low in fat I only found it at the end of my yogurt diet

That's it you all sold it to me I'm of to buy liberte yogurt.im home drove all the way from Portsmouth after 5hrs on the ferry from le harve.got home 12am.drinking a cold tin of Heinz oxtail soup I was craving on the way.just the need of being with my family & to sleep in my own bed drove me onwards.cant believe its only been since Wednesday I had the op its amazing what pull to be with your loved ones can affect you when the going gets tough .ah well the odyssey ends here.
Great vision I had of Angie E fighting off 4 Drs whilst comatosed.just think of what she can do awake.i bet her man was feeling sorry for the disadvantaged opposition.priceless.make the most of it now Angie you won't be able to pack the same punch in 6months time going from heavy weight to lightweight,I bet your man can't wait,4 more reason than one.

Wishing all October ladies and gents who have already had there surgery well, and sitting on the losers bench.

Marcos I cart believe you drove home, and then drank cold soup yuk, but pleased your doing well.

Angie: Wow you went through it, pleased your doing well.

Wilb32: See you on Tuesday, not long for you now.

Yes I was on the food LSD, but now gone on to milk and yogurt.

Well done Marcos and Angie hope ur doing well xx

So glad to hear everyone is doing well so far through October. Hearing how well everyone is doing gives me confidence and stops me freaking out!

I've had a fab last hurrah weekend with friends, have definitely eaten and drank way too much but it was good to switch off and stop stressing. Now it's onwards and upwards though as I start the LSD tomorrow -gulp! Got a shopping list and 'meal' plan sorted so feeling positive.

Can't believe I've got less than 2 weeks to wait!!!!

Back