• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2014 Surgeries

With u there kat79...doing all the preparations but just doesn't seem to connect with op on Friday.. Crazy stuff.. Hope everyone is well pre and post op.. Xxxx

Hi there Michelle79,

I waited for about 10 months. Referred by GP in Nov, seen by the consultant in Dec 2013, test done in January, Dietarian seen in February and the consultant again in April. Approved in April and surgery date given in October. It may seem long but it does go pretty fast. I used my time well to research pro's and con's of having WLS, took a real look at my eating habits and started taking action with a healthy plan to lose weight and attended Homerton Hospital support group. As you will find at the WLS is just a tool so my advice will be to use your time by researching and getting prepared for the process.

There are many people out there who think that the surgery will help lose weight for every - this is so not the case, so you have to get a grip of all those emotional issues with food, learn how to eat smaller portions and start exercising. Good luck and do come to the support group.

Angie
Thankyou Angie, good luck with your op x x x

Hi all,

I am getting myself prepared today with cleaning the house, sorting out an overnight bag and food shopping. I'm hoping to head to the gym, have a pedicure (nothing worst then having long toe nails on an operating table and hard heels, he, he!!) and afterwards have a quick sauna. Then pick up my 3 year old daughter for a spot of very late afternoon tea. She knows I'm going into hospital so I want to spend the last couple of hours with her as much as possible.

Yesterday, for the first time I saw my husband getting nervous, he kept hugging me and telling me it will be alright but sure the reassurance was for himself. He freaked out when I said just in case something goes wrong please make sure..........I didn't have time to finish off my sentence before he stopped me. Mmmm, bless him....

Anyway, see you all on the looser bench or the slimmer's persons' bench.. :)

Last edited:
Hi all, I am getting myself prepared today with cleaning the house, sorting out an overnight bag and food shopping. I'm hoping to head to the gym, have a pedicure (nothing worst then having long toe nails on an operating table and hard heels, he, he!!) and afterwards have a quick sauna. Then pick up my 3 year old daughter for a spot of very late afternoon tea. She knows I'm going into hospital so I want to spend the last couple of hours with her as much as possible. Yesterday, for the first time I saw my husband getting nervous, he kept hugging me and telling me it will be alright but sure the reassurance was for himself. He freaked out when I said just in case something goes wrong please make sure..........I didn't have time to finish off my sentence before he stopped me. Mmmm, bless him.... Anyway, see you all on the looser bench or the slimmer's persons' bench.. :)

That brought a tear to my eyes, I remember my previous 2 ops and I wrote letters to my husband and the kids & left them in my bedside drawer, they have since been destroyed thankfully, but yes it's a hard thing to talk about.

Good luck, & best wishes for a speedy recovery

Xxx

phew i am glad to read just in case i wrote a will !!!!!!!! ha ha i will keep it as its always useful to have, its shows measured thinking ladies and thinking ahead

Su2ie pffff birthday present, gift it to yourself for the hell of it girl! I am saying this because when your birthday arrives you can buy yourself something else on top lol

xx

Well I so appreciate the posts you all have contributed to this site,it makes me feel human.as all the comments are just how I feel.here I am in France,had that endoscopy down my throat this morn at hospital.then taken back to hotel to stew(it don't help as I'm on my lonesome) til 6:00am tomorrow to be taken back to hospital for my op at 7:00am.its all surreal how it's all happening so quickly as it's just over a month ago I decided to go for this.ive said good bye to my 11yr old boy whose not happy that I'm going to hospital for this op but I explained to him a list of things we will be able to do together next year that led up to the cliche of its a takes a little poison to cure a greater Ill.hes having two teeth out next Monday to give room for a brace.i keep thinking of the pain & fear he's going to go through which helps me to cope here.i promised him I'll be there with him at the dentist if it kills me,as he always seems more secure & at ease with me than with my wife.well I'm just finishing my lucosade revive drink(helps against dehydration) and its nil by mouth from midnight.i'll tell u all how it went tomorrow eve.thx all.

Good luck Marcos, hope all goes well for you tomorrow and wish you a speedy recovery so you can get home to your boy x

Hi Curls I am due to have my bypass on Thursday with Mr Van den Bossche - thank you for your lovely positive post

Hi Curls I am due to have my bypass on Thursday with Mr Van den Bossche - thank you for your lovely positive post
He is so nice, a lovely surgeon, he done my MGBP. Three weeks ago Thursday, he will see you before surgery and after, flys over from Belgium early in the morning. Guess you are at spire soton? 6:30 am start then ? I didn't go down till 2pm, so be prepared for a wait,x
Good luck,

,you sign in at reception , then get taken to your room, ask the nurse where you are on the list , they are I keen to tell you a time, just what number you are , but my surgeon ,let the cat out of the bag.when he done his pre op vist.

Hi pitski, at my pre-op assessment at spire the nurse did say they'd give me a pre-med drug of some sort if I was feeling anxious. Maybe if you have to wait a while you could ask for then sleep the fairies til you go down :0)

Sorry I cannot type!
Ask for drugs and sleep with the fairies. Not sure what sleeping the fairies would look like! Lol

HI Pitskie
All the best for Thursday, soon be sat we the others on the losers bench.

Been and had my Pre Op Assessment today, everything still on for the 30th October.
I start my LSD today this as been changed, from the food to three pints of semi skimmed milk and two yogurts.

Also have to do a week of Vitamin D injections.

Back