• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2014 Surgeries

So in the zone today!

Day 1 LSD so far so good. I don't see the point in stressing and moaning about it, just have to get on with it and keep my eye on the goal and count down the days to surgery :)

Hi all,

Just a quick update. I had my op on Wednesday 15th October, this morning I decided go on the scales and notice that I'm 11Ibs lighter!! Which put a big smile on my face. I can't believe how tired the operation has made me felt, each day I'm getting stronger. This morning, I decided to go for a 30 min walk and god, did I feel tired afterwards but better for it. Off to the gym tomorrow to walk on the treadmill for 40 minutes. I have asked my gym to sort out plan for me to focus on building more muscle. I am feeling very hopeful for the future.....

Hi all, Just a quick update. I had my op on Wednesday 15th October, this morning I decided on the scales and notice I'm 11Ibs lighter!! Which put a big smile on face. I can't believe how tired the operation has made me felt, each day I'm getting stronger. This morning, I decided to go for a 30 min walk and god, did I feel tired. Off to the gym tomorrow to walk on the treadmill and ask my gym to do a programme for me around muscle building. All in all, I'm doing ok, not hunger pains any more.
Hello Angie I was told no swimming or gym till six weeks after my bypass,

Hi Curls40,

The hospital did advise me to start walking ASAP. And said it was Ok to go to the gym and walk on the treadmill ONLY!! I hoping to do some proper gym work in the next 6 weeks but I'm getting my body prepared, with a exercise plan.

I was told walking each day as well, but I'm surprised your going to the gym so soon , on a liquid diet I lacked engery Completely, but once my stitches were out I felt much more comfy, I can't wait to go swimming, I tried to do a bit of gardening yesterday,as I love it, but started suffering pain,

Good luck.

Thank u darling... It's Monday now I came home yesterday.. They called me in early on Friday so went down at 11.30.. Took 3 hours but all went well.. I had terrible blocked wind and I had lost the senses to burp..I didn't know what to do with myself for 24 hours it got so bad nurse gave me oral morphine so I could drink a herbal peppermint as everything I drank was agony..
Lucky coz I could feel nothing due to morphine I got the warm tea down the passed out with tiredness.. In the morning the stuck air had gone and I started to feel more human.. The nurse said I kept sitting up in my sleep and wiggling and burping then laying down to sleep.. Very lady like.. Lol..

But now I am home feel more like me Again bit weak.. Managed 150ml of protein soup last night and my protein shake this morning plus my water with no trapped wind so all good.. Looking forward to the fat free me..

How are you KAt79 and other surgery peeps??? Hope all is well xxxx

It's funny Curls40, I found moving about and walking has really made me feel better. I do lack energy but it really made me feel much better... I'm all big chat now, let's see what happens tomorrow. ....:)

It's funny Curls40, I found moving about and walking has really made me feel better. I do lack energy but it really made me feel much better... I'm all big chat now, let's see what happens tomorrow. ....:)
Take each day as it comes my lovely, we have been pumped full of drugs, we get our bad and good days, my fourth week this week, starting to feel I can do more but when I do get quickly drained, my sick note runs out this week, so let's see what the doctor says Friday,

It's mad reading all this talk of gym & exercise.i struggle to walk for 5 mins,I feel so weak,although I found it no problems driving 2 1/2 hrs(Portsmouth-cardiff).the weight is coming off though,went to Drs to brief them on what's happened over past week,she weighed me,I've lost a stone since op.food is fine eating ready break,complan,soups & more soups & I've bought the liberte yogurt & I find the crackerbread with cheese triangles & a spread of bovril on top a treat.strange the surgeon suggested crackerbread,but it does just melt in mouth unlike normal crackers.i'll be off work for 4 weeks.theres no way I can do anything in that department just yet.its all understandable as it takes a lot for our physical & mental wellbeing to resume to an element of normality,after all the ordeal it's been through. MGBP'ers of the world unite!!!

It's mad reading all this talk of gym & exercise.i struggle to walk for 5 mins,I feel so weak,although I found it no problems driving 2 1/2 hrs(Portsmouth-cardiff).the weight is coming off though,went to Drs to brief them on what's happened over past week,she weighed me,I've lost a stone since op.food is fine eating ready break,complan,soups & more soups & I've bought the liberte yogurt & I find the crackerbread with cheese triangles & a spread of bovril on top a treat.strange the surgeon suggested crackerbread,but it does just melt in mouth unlike normal crackers.i'll be off work for 4 weeks.theres no way I can do anything in that department just yet.its all understandable as it takes a lot for our physical & mental wellbeing to resume to an element of normality,after all the ordeal it's been through. MGBP'ers of the world unite!!!
Marcos I agree it's madness to even think of going to the gym after a short time, body needs to heal inside as well, I wouldn't even think about the damage it could do , all that hard work that has been done in our bodies undone, I'm not risking it till utter approval,
The liberte are lush ,my fav lemon at the mo,
For dinner tonight I had carrots swede ,lentils,chicken ,mashed up with gravy, six tablespoons . My yoghurt will have an hour later,
Four weeks this Thursday , creeping up to three stone nearly since LSD diet,
Well done. Marcos on your weight loss

Oh my.... I'm really struggling to get liquid down and I'm bloody sick of wind! I'm on day 3 post op and struggling with my emotions at the min. Not really been out of the house so I'm gonna go for a walk in the morning. How much liquid are u managing fatfree? Glad ur ok!! Xxx

Oh my.... I'm really struggling to get liquid down and I'm bloody sick of wind! I'm on day 3 post op and struggling with my emotions at the min. Not really been out of the house so I'm gonna go for a walk in the morning. How much liquid are u managing fatfree? Glad ur ok!! Xxx
You are completely normal, I had all of the above, every day gets better. And you get a little bit more fluid in everyday. Don't worry . Read my thread , after my bypass, you will see I went through the same, go with what you can cope with,x

You are completely normal, I had all of the above, every day gets better. And you get a little bit more fluid in everyday. Don't worry . Read my thread , after my bypass, you will see I went through the same, go with what you can cope with,x

Thanks curls I'll head over now... I think I'm losing my mind xxx

Oh curls I could cry.... In fact I did yesterday! Questioning wether I should have had my sleeve it's so hard at this stage to remind yourself why you did it in the first place. I do know why I did it and I wanted it but it's hard dealing with these emotions.... Sorry for the out pour I'm just very emotional at the min xxx

It's not silly, I cried too, in fact looking back it was on day three or four, I came home from hospital on my sons 17 th birthday, felt so guilty I couldn't celebrate as we normally do, had family over , but I wasn't in good spirits , I just wanted to be in bed really, having liquids doesn't help, purée stage is much better. , don't worry ,one day at a time.x

Oh curls I could cry.... In fact I did yesterday! Questioning wether I should have had my sleeve it's so hard at this stage to remind yourself why you did it in the first place. I do know why I did it and I wanted it but it's hard dealing with these emotions.... Sorry for the out pour I'm just very emotional at the min xxx

Awww, I'm sure you'll feel it was the right thing once you get over the pain and emotional rollercoaster. Just take one day at a time, each day should feel a little better than the last and you'll soon start seeing results.

Good luck and I hope you start feeling better soon x

Back