• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2014 Surgeries

Thanks guys, I'm feeling much better. It's good to know I'm not alone. Xxx

Hi Kat79.. I was the same.. Sat and sun I was in absolute agony.. Crying I made mistake felt so alone as nurse and husband wanted me to drink drink drink but was soooo painful as felt I had ball in my shoulder the pain was like a knife stabbing though me.. Just wanted to give up.. But then I swap water for herbal tea peppermint and I am finding I can deal better when things are warm the cold so since yesterday I had everything warm and burping straight away as I now drink a little then wind myself then start again so have I don't get trapped wind then put more fluids on top.. I even stated to warm the water I need to drink in between liquids as I find when cold I have a lot more gurling and rumbling.. Today I made my protein powder with warm milk and managed 150mls buts winding myself after 3 or 4 sips plus I use a straw as seems to be easier to burp.. I hope this helps as I really to feel your pain as sat and sun I was ready to jump out hosp window..lol

When it gets really stuck I have been doing all the things I did when my kids had colic.. Walking wiggling stretching as it can trap its self any where but main thing for me has been everything quite warm as seems to move easier..

Hope u back to yourself soon sweetie and always here.. Even if it's to rant sometimes a problems shared is a problem halved...

Xxxxxxx???????

I find it easier..lol
Just shows how we are all so different and how it affects us differently.. Xxx

I really struggled to get fluid in the first week also!.... I found I couldn't drink water but if I added a little lemon juice and sipped slowly it went down but it gets better really quickly so don't worry!.... The big emotional swing can be the massive drop in oestrogen the surgery causes initially .... If your struggling ask your GP for an oestrogen patch for a couple of weeks it's like having full on PMT but it settles down in a week or so.

Hi Kat79.. I was the same.. Sat and sun I was in absolute agony.. Crying I made mistake felt so alone as nurse and husband wanted me to drink drink drink but was soooo painful as felt I had ball in my shoulder the pain was like a knife stabbing though me.. Just wanted to give up.. But then I swap water for herbal tea peppermint and I am finding I can deal better when things are warm the cold so since yesterday I had everything warm and burping straight away as I now drink a little then wind myself then start again so have I don't get trapped wind then put more fluids on top.. I even stated to warm the water I need to drink in between liquids as I find when cold I have a lot more gurling and rumbling.. Today I made my protein powder with warm milk and managed 150mls buts winding myself after 3 or 4 sips plus I use a straw as seems to be easier to burp.. I hope this helps as I really to feel your pain as sat and sun I was ready to jump out hosp window..lol When it gets really stuck I have been doing all the things I did when my kids had colic.. Walking wiggling stretching as it can trap its self any where but main thing for me has been everything quite warm as seems to move easier.. Hope u back to yourself soon sweetie and always here.. Even if it's to rant sometimes a problems shared is a problem halved... Xxxxxxx???????

How come ur having protein powder? Did the dietician recommend it? I'm feeling a little better today just heading out for a walk and some gripe water ha. Still struggling with the liquids though.... I shall keep plodding on!! Xxx

I really struggled to get fluid in the first week also!.... I found I couldn't drink water but if I added a little lemon juice and sipped slowly it went down but it gets better really quickly so don't worry!.... The big emotional swing can be the massive drop in oestrogen the surgery causes initially .... If your struggling ask your GP for an oestrogen patch for a couple of weeks it's like having full on PMT but it settles down in a week or so.

No smoking, no eating and PMT lol my husband loves me at the min ha. I shall phone my GP before my hubby loses the will to live xxx

No smoking, no eating and PMT lol my husband loves me at the min ha. I shall phone my GP before my hubby loses the will to live xxx

Hahaha.....he will have to support you!... After all he is going to end up with a new sexier you!... Remind him of that if he gets tetchy! :)

Reading all your progress's, I am getting sooooo excited! Althought not sure what to expect post op as have already had a bypass, and this time having a band over the top...but also having a trim of my stretched pouch, will speak to my surgeon on the day...xx

Have to be the odd one out I guess! xx

Reading all your progress's, I am getting sooooo excited! Althought not sure what to expect post op as have already had a bypass, and this time having a band over the top...but also having a trim of my stretched pouch, will speak to my surgeon on the day...xx Have to be the odd one out I guess! xx
If you don't mind be asking why are you having a band on your bypass, got me slightly worried now,only had mine 4 weeks

If you don't mind be asking why are you having a band on your bypass, got me slightly worried now,only had mine 4 weeks

I am having a band over my bypass as I have gained a lot of weight back on and very scared of getting as heavy as I was before! I was 23 stone originally, got to 12.5 stone, now 17stone.....had my bypass in 2006 so a long time ago.

Pouch has stretched (well has a little extra bit to the side now, which is odd!) and I can eat so much more!

ZX

How come ur having protein powder? Did the dietician recommend it? I'm feeling a little better today just heading out for a walk and some gripe water ha. Still struggling with the liquids though.... I shall keep plodding on!! Xxx

I am allergic to iodine and slim fast and build up have iodine in.. Plus I like flavour more of protein powder it's not to sweet even the flavoured one.. Plus it has fibre which helps..lol xxx

Hi jan52, what's the oestrogen drop abou?. I hadn't heard if that before. Do you know where I could read about it? Thanks! X

Hi jan52, what's the oestrogen drop abou?. I hadn't heard if that before. Do you know where I could read about it? Thanks! X

Hi Maggy!.... I had an MGB ( mini gastric bypass) 4 weeks ago this Friday and I saw this on you tube! Dr Rutledge from USA has quite a few videos about it. If you go on you tube and type in his name + oestrogen you should be able to see them. I didn't suffer with it as I've had a hysterectomy and I guess mine is already low, but it seems lots of women do. I'm not sure if it will apply to banders or just bypassers but this guy has operated on thousands of people so has a wealth of knowledge.

It really does get better as the days go by trust me...After day 5 I felt much better - I had to force myself to drink water even though it felt uncomfortable as first. I had to force myself to drink milk, yoghurt and soups as required as a result I'm feeling much better. I really found walking helps, yesterday I walked at a slow pace for 40 minutes, felt knackered afterwards but after a few hours I felt great.

Today I am feeling more like myself, however sleeping at night is a bit of challenge I can't sleep on my left side which does keep me awake at night. I know this common due to the staples, so I use a 2 pillows around my tummy to make me feel comfortable.

Help ladies (or gents)!!! I've got bloody awful trapped wind (I think) it's like it's stuck at the top of my stomach and I can't burp! It's making things really difficult for me and it's soooo uncomfortable. I know I'm only 5days post op but OMG!! Please tell me this will go away????? Xx

Back