• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October 2014 Surgeries

Bugger. Went for pre op assessment today and they cancelled my surgery because of my chest infection. Not happy. And no longer an October surgery. :0(

Aww so sorry to hear that, hope you get another date soon x

Well I'm here to join the October peeps, just got my date today and I'm getting a bypass on 31st October!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaargh! Completely freaking out!

After waiting for a year, in the last couple of weeks I have talked myself out of it so many times, then convinced myself again plenty. I'm so scared I feel like crying ?

Well I'm here to join the October peeps, just got my date today and I'm getting a bypass on 31st October!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaargh! Completely freaking out! After waiting for a year, in the last couple of weeks I have talked myself out of it so many times, then convinced myself again plenty. I'm so scared I feel like crying ?

Good luck.

I talked myself out of it on a daily basis. Best thing I've ever done though. Only just done 15th September and it's like a whole lifetime away.

Well I'm here to join the October peeps, just got my date today and I'm getting a bypass on 31st October!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaargh! Completely freaking out! After waiting for a year, in the last couple of weeks I have talked myself out of it so many times, then convinced myself again plenty. I'm so scared I feel like crying ?
I had all sorts of emotions too, scared,anxious , upset, worried of people reaction to me after my return to work, it's normal had mine on the 25th sep,,when I came home on the 27th I asked my husband have I done the right thing, I was weak from surgery, but 16 days later, 2 stone 5lbs lighter from the start of my LSD , (in totally 4weeks,) I think that speaks for itself, every day gets Easier, remember that the day after surgery , because it will be a comfort to you, live day by day, my lovely.x

Susie - I can relate to how your feeling. For myself I kept thinking am I doing the right thing, what if it doesn't work or should I try and lose weight naturally. My thoughts have been like a roller-coaster since I have been given my operation date. However I have been reading up on the process like mad and been surfing a lot of American websites, making contact with long -term sleevers which has really helped me confirm that I'm doing the right thing.

I think the operation is properly the most easiest part of our journey... It's the losing, the maintenance and keeping the weight off which is going to be the hardest part.....

Susie - I can relate to how your feeling. For myself I kept thinking am I doing the right thing, what if it doesn't work or should I try and lose weight naturally. My thoughts have been like a roller-coaster since I have been given my operation date. However I have been reading up on the process like mad and been surfing a lot of American websites, making contact with long -term sleevers which has really helped me confirm that I'm doing the right thing. I think the operation is properly the most easiest part of our journey... It's the losing, the maintenance and keeping the weight off which is going to be the hardest part.....
I think you're absolutely right, there are so many challenging aspects to thus process and the surgery is just one of them. From what I've seen on here many people feel the rollercoaster of emotions at this point. I too have done lots of research, even watched an op on you tube!
Hope all goes well for you x

Hi Angie E Not long for you now, and all the best.

Hi SuZie
Your :8855: the day after mine. Been thinking today, this will be the last weekend for us to be fat, as we start are Pre Op for real next week. The weeks seem to be going so fast, soon we will be packing our case and after that its the :8855: Then the real journeys begins to a new future.

Wishing you well on your journey, and to the losers bench.:D

I am all ballooned up now. I felt awful when it was done but feeling human again now. I have done a diary entry telling all about.

So glad I have had it done, & good luck & best wishes to the the rest of the October crowd

Hi ladies!!
I'm being banded on 28th oct! My last day of scoffing today!! LSD starts tomoro for 2 weeks!!
Tonight is the taking measurements and before photos task. How exciting!! X

Bellini this is fantast news congratulations xxxx rest well hun xxx

Ladies I too watched the actual procedure and researched as its important to understanding how to manage the new glass tummy afterwards.

To my remaining fellow October buddies x good luck.

Xxx

Hi Angie E Not long for you now, and all the best. Hi SuZie Your :8855: the day after mine. Been thinking today, this will be the last weekend for us to be fat, as we start are Pre Op for real next week. The weeks seem to be going so fast, soon we will be packing our case and after that its the :8855: Then the real journeys begins to a new future. Wishing you well on your journey, and to the losers bench.:D

You make it sound so exciting - which of course it is! If only I weren't so nervous :)
I just have so many questions and don't feel prepared. I haven't had any details of the LSD yet so I'm thinking I really should be sensible and not use it as a lash opportunity to scoff everything in sight :)
Good luck to you too, I'll see you on the losers bench x

Hi all... Good luck to all Octobers surgery peeps still left and well done to all who have already taken the brave step to change their life's to a healthier one... We will all hopefully be on the losers bench by nov.. See you all there..?
Only 5 days till the chop for me...
Starting to look forward to what's to come and leave the bad behind me... And thinking what I will be able to wear for Xmas.. Ahhhhhhh so exciting....
Anyway no more blaa blaa... And see u all soon at the losers bench... Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?

Hi Angie E Not long for you now, and all the best.

Hi SuZie
Your :8855: the day after mine. Been thinking today, this will be the last weekend for us to be fat, as we start are Pre Op for real next week. The weeks seem to be going so fast, soon we will be packing our case and after that its the :8855: Then the real journeys begins to a new future.

Wishing you well on your journey, and to the losers bench.:D

It's defo going to big journey.. Willow4 ... We can wait ourselves get slimmer in the months ahead. This weekend I'm enjoying my low calories meals in preparation for next week.

Hi I've been looking for the October thread my surgery is the 22nd I was suppose to have it on the 11th September but it was cancelled after waiting 5 hrs in the waiting room!
Started pre op diet last Wednesday drinking four pints of semi skimmed milk a day, I did the yogurt diet last time but got very constipated so thought I'd try milk this time,
I'm feeling very apprehensive also I find myself getting very stressed and short tempered! I finished work last Friday and I'm trying to chill out as much as possible.

Welcome Wilb32, to the October thread. I hope your getting ready for your big day.

H all,
I have added a few more people to the list:

- NinaW - 4th October
- Alfiemoomin and Natclaire - 7th October
- Bellini - 8th October
- Incasmum - 9th October
- Lilyjo - 12th October
- Angie E and Marcos - 15th October
- Maggy -16th October
- Fatfee81 and Kate 79 - 17th October
- Wilbe 32 - 22nd October
- Willow4 - 30th October
- LovelyZobo- - 27th October
- Bex.Wils - 28th October
- Su2ie - 31st October

And good to luck Marcos , Maggy, Fatfee81 and Kate 79. I hope to join you all on the 15th October. Argh! I have been so busy I'm so looking to the rest ...

AngieE

gosh where does the time fly, good luck those now pending, you will naturally have nerves but having done now i can offer some assurances..... itll be fine and over in a flash and your back on your feet in no time, nearly 1 week post op...... im better and chuffed, i keep smiling inside at having been brave enough to do this and that the world will see the new me very very soon..... xxxx

I've decided to stop being a wuss and embrace this fabulous opportunity I've been given. It's my birthday this month on 22nd so have decided to treat my op on 31st as my birthday present to myself :)

HI Barbara
Found you, hope every thing goes ok this time. Looking forward to meeting you on the tuesday.

Not long now Angie, are you getting excited.

OMG..... Three days!!! How's everyone feeling? I feel like it's not real! Xxx

Back