• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October bandsters

pixie_lilly said:
Hope you recover quickly! Ive got my case put and started sticking things in there already so I don't stress about forgetting something

You'd think we were all goin in a holiday ha ha xx

pixie_lilly said:
I know! I even had the panic of not being able to find my passport! Found it now mind

I done that put it in a safe place that safe I couldn't find it had to get another one then found it! Empty head me what date is yours again hun? Xx

Oooh I need to buy a small case too. Saw one in Home&bargain on wheels a few weeks ago, hoping its still there. I might get that dry throat spray also, when I came around from my knee op, my throat was so dry and tongue felt too big for my mouth...very strange! Got my slippers, the doc said he was sending me home with soluble paracetamol enough for a week, just need the wind relief. got my dad to look around for peppermint cordial, but he couldn't get it anywhere, so got the tea bags. Is this all I need? I'll get miniture toiletries from Asda.

Hope everything goes well in Belgium Lilly. Be really exciting like a little adventure! :) My hubby is Turkish and mentioned I could have gone there and only paid £3K, but I'm a big wuss and already this year has been awful for us (hubby had a heart attack in January - aged 40, and my dad had a stroke 3 weeks ago). My luck is not the best :)

Good luck girlies...keep up the hard work with the pre-op diet, be sooo worth it. I started today...STARVING :girlpower:

Drink plenty of water ladies that's what got me through the pre-op x good luck to you all x

Well done with starting your pre op diet! What are you having? I'm only going to belgium cause my husbands coming! It's £3,000 there and £100 fills over here other wise I couldn't afford to do it at all. I started my preop diet early on 6th sept so I'd get used to it and be less likely to cheat myself. I'm doing better than I thought I would but weight loss is slow. I know it's all about liver shrinking but a bit more tummy shrinkage would be appreciated!

Hi Paula
Wow, haven't you done really well, I bet you are pleased! How are you feeling today? :) x

Feeling ok thanks still a fair amount of wind pain but no real pain where the incisions are x

Bet your getting very excited now x

Can't wait, still got 3 weeks :( I just want to satrt losing the weight now, really fed up of carrying that extra person around! I can't believe you have lost that much weight already, I would be cartwheeling (if I could). What have you been eating? x

Drink plenty of water ladies that's what got me through the pre-op x good luck to you all x

Well done with starting your pre op diet! What are you having? I'm only going to belgium cause my husbands coming! It's £3,000 there and £100 fills over here other wise I couldn't afford to do it at all. I started my preop diet early on 6th sept so I'd get used to it and be less likely to cheat myself. I'm doing better than I thought I would but weight loss is slow. I know it's all about liver shrinking but a bit more tummy shrinkage would be appreciated!

My pre-op diet is low carb, but real food. I've had 2 egg omlette this morn, 2 ryvita and cottage cheese for lunch and having chicken salad followed by a yogurt for dinner. Not bad, but way smaller than I'm used to. (tummy grumbles) I would start exercising if I could, but the knee hasn't healed properly yet.
I think its really exciting you going to Belgium, be a little break as well and it's not too far away. Turkey is too far and being out of Europe it's not got the same stringent rules...i nearly had my son in Turkey, flew home 2 weeks before he was born :)
How's your pre-op? Is it food or milk? x

SAS1 said:
My pre-op diet is low carb, but real food. I've had 2 egg omlette this morn, 2 ryvita and cottage cheese for lunch and having chicken salad followed by a yogurt for dinner. Not bad, but way smaller than I'm used to. (tummy grumbles) I would start exercising if I could, but the knee hasn't healed properly yet.
I think its really exciting you going to Belgium, be a little break as well and it's not too far away. Turkey is too far and being out of Europe it's not got the same stringent rules...i nearly had my son in Turkey, flew home 2 weeks before he was born :)
How's your pre-op? Is it food or milk? x

We're leaving Birmingham new at at 5.30 and will get there at 11am so we'll have the whole day in Brussels to mooch around and look in some galleries. My consultation with the surgeon is at the hotel at 7pm so will have plenty of time. The hospital looks ridiculously clean and much nicer than my local hospitals tbh.

You sound like you're doing really well on your preop! Mine is supposed to be a low fat diet but I was worried I wouldn't get it low fat enough and my lived is probably shot with all the pain killers and rubbish I eat. Week one I was having low fat you, a little fat free milk and berries blended into a smoothie and a small healthy tea. Now I'm back to the gym and less than 2 weeks to go I'm having a low carb, lean protein shake for breakfast or tea and 2-3 smoothies for the other meals.

Good luck honey, you will be fine. It will be really nice to spend the day together, we went to Belgium last year only Antwerp, I loved looking in the shops..steer clear of the Belgian Chocolates though mmm they look gorgeous! :)
Keep me posted as I'd love to hear how you get on.
Good luck and safe journey. x

SAS1 said:
Can't wait, still got 3 weeks :( I just want to satrt losing the weight now, really fed up of carrying that extra person around! I can't believe you have lost that much weight already, I would be cartwheeling (if I could). What have you been eating? x

Thanks I'm virtual cartwheeling if that counts lol
My pre-op I had 3 x 250 ml milky coffees at least 5 pints of water 1 sugar free large jelly 1 x muller light Greek yogurt yum yum and 1 tin weight watchers soup x didn't feel hungry which was very odd to me lol

I would seriously starve on that! That said my smoothie turned a bit today so I couldn't drink it at work so ended up only having 2 protein shakes for the whole day which are 190 calories each. Just having half a tin of tomato soup or I'll stop losing weight. Weird compared to how hungry I would have been having just that a month ago! I guess it shows how much is head hunger

Good luck to you all, time will fly by and before you know it you will be losing weight.

I had my first fill yesterday and got weighed i have lost 30 pounds since first consultation on 9th august x

i had op 28th august but did have a good blow out before my preop diet started x

Back