• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October bandsters

Good luck to you too! I'm so glad found this site and now have a thread full of people having the same op in the same month as me! really has helped me to feel calmer and more supported. Not long to go!

Wobbly71 said:
Good luck to you all, time will fly by and before you know it you will be losing weight.

I had my first fill yesterday and got weighed i have lost 30 pounds since first consultation on 9th august x

i had op 28th august but did have a good blow out before my preop diet started x

Thats such a good loss! Did you have a fill when you had your band put in?

No fill at time of op and 4ml put in yesterday.

The Dr I had doesnt fill at all at time of op. He likes everything to settle down first x

That's really good. I'm not going to have anything put in until a fill 6 weeks later so I'm worried I wont lose anything until I get restriction. Want to lose some weight before my big holiday in may

You will lose from the restrictions on your eating. I found the 4 weeks after op ok to be honest x

pixie_lilly said:
That's really good. I'm not going to have anything put in until a fill 6 weeks later so I'm worried I wont lose anything until I get restriction. Want to lose some weight before my big holiday in may

Ooh not long now for you pixie, bet you're all packed and ready? X

Gemby28 said:
I'm at Dolan Park on 22nd October for my band. Cheers SAS1 for starting the thread! Start my pre-op diet Monday, eep!! Going to a wedding Friday. Feels weird to think I won't be havng fizzy drinks any more after this week...

Hi Gemby, how you feeling, are you getting all psyched up and excited like me? I've started my Pre-op, 4 days in now and feeling fine (just hungry)! Supposed to start Monday but wanted to know how I would manage before returning to work. In past I've done all sorts of fad diets and felt faint and dizzy, so wanted to Pre-test this. It's ok, just hungry at night, so clean my teeth early and in bed ASAP :) hope you get on ok hon, let me know XX

Hello everyone
i am going to dolan park birmingham
with mr super
14th oct
dreading it i know its for the best but dont make it any easier
on the pre op diet as moment not enjoying that either
heard about all the wind pains etc
my doctor is giving me all my pills in liquid form for awhile
good luck everyone

kay xx

Hi misselvis, not long for you to wait either :) how are you doing on the Pre-op diet?
I'm on various pills also, ones for high BP, and PCOS. Just went out to get soluble co-codomol and windeze, preparation is best. I also got advised by a fellow bander to pick up some extra dressings for the little incisions, they come off when you have a shower. Just got 18 of them from sainsburys they were only 20p each! All set now, just wishing the day would arrive!!! X

Hi Gemby, how you feeling, are you getting all psyched up and excited like me? I've started my Pre-op, 4 days in now and feeling fine (just hungry)! Supposed to start Monday but wanted to know how I would manage before returning to work. In past I've done all sorts of fad diets and felt faint and dizzy, so wanted to Pre-test this. It's ok, just hungry at night, so clean my teeth early and in bed ASAP :) hope you get on ok hon, let me know XX

I've been struck down with the worst cold I've had in ages so off work today =( Will this affect me having the op? I should be all better by the 22nd. People at work are starting to talk more about my op and asking questions which is nice but also nerve-wracking. Start milk and yogurt diet Monday, starting to feel like this is actually happening!!

How are you doing SAS1??? x

Gemby28 said:
I've been struck down with the worst cold I've had in ages so off work today =( Will this affect me having the op? I should be all better by the 22nd. People at work are starting to talk more about my op and asking questions which is nice but also nerve-wracking. Start milk and yogurt diet Monday, starting to feel like this is actually happening!!

How are you doing SAS1??? x

Hiya, not too bad. Sorry to hear you are not well at the moment, poor thing, try rest up so you'll be in tip top condition for our op day! :) I'm now on day 4 but it's nowhere near as rigid as your diet, so cant complain really. I've been logging all my food on my fitness pal, been having around 900 to 1000 cals a day. It also gives you a breakdown of carbs and protein, which is good to keep track of.
Not been doing much with having a bad knee, but back to work on Friday so the hunger will prob hit worse then, and my old pal "food" will not be my crutch anymore! Hope you get a good nights sleep and feel better tomorrow x

Well... not feeling much better, if at all. Will be going to this wedding medicated to the hilt and hoping time goes quickly =(

However, have just done weekly online Tesco Order and have ordered a crazy amount of milk and mullerlights along with multivits. Feeling very real now, and very milky!!!!!!!! Quite exciting... I'll have to remember this in a few days when I'm starving and begging for a biryani!!

Ah I'm sorry to hear that, I feel a bit rough today got a pain from my ear to throat, hope it'll go by tomorrow as back in work :(
Try get as much rest as possible and maybe a bowl of hot water, so the steam can humidify the air. I know it's horrid having to go out when you feel awful.
Funny you should mention biryani, my mum makes a mean one (she is Indian), its my fave, I've banned her from cooking anything like that while on my Pre-op, don't want to even smell it when I go round as can't resist!!! :) I'm quite pleased as lost 4lb already so 2 more weeks I'm hoping will take to 10lb minimum!!! All helps with my knee as well.
Hope you get a good night tonight and feel better tomorrow hon x

Hope you feel better soon! I'm all packed up and ready to go now. That's a good point about the dressings. I'll get some from work tomorrow.

pixie_lilly said:
Hope you feel better soon! I'm all packed up and ready to go now. That's a good point about the dressings. I'll get some from work tomorrow.

You flying out Saturday? I wouldn't be able to sleep be so excited! How you done with the diet today? I've been ok, but I really miss diet coke :(
Think I have everything now too, already packed my case and still 2 wks away!
I'm going off to sleep in a mo as I'm up at 5 am tomorrow - back to the rat race!
Have a good night hon and keep us updated x

pixie_lilly said:

Ooohhhhh good luck hun xx

SAS1 said:
You flying out Saturday? I wouldn't be able to sleep be so excited! How you done with the diet today? I've been ok, but I really miss diet coke :(
Think I have everything now too, already packed my case and still 2 wks away!
I'm going off to sleep in a mo as I'm up at 5 am tomorrow - back to the rat race!
Have a good night hon and keep us updated x

Good luck with being back to work xx

Well work went ok, I took a banana for breakfast, small chicken salad for lunch and drank loads of water in between. Came home and nearly killed my family as they were all sitting there with take away fish and chips.... Ooh the smell of chips! I'm in a bad mood now :)

SAS1 said:
Well work went ok, I took a banana for breakfast, small chicken salad for lunch and drank loads of water in between. Came home and nearly killed my family as they were all sitting there with take away fish and chips.... Ooh the smell of chips! I'm in a bad mood now :)

Aww bless your doing really well hun was my last day in work for a week! Xx

Lucky you, i hope they made a fuss of you, how did it go? Hope all the fambo spoil you tomorrow too, they must be excited for you :)
I lied to my boss today, told him I have to have blood tests etc for food intolorence, said I was waiting on the date to go, just paving the way so I can get time off to get my Pre-op tests done, without him knowing (sneaky smile).

Back