• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Officially a Bandit!

foxylady

I had my band fitted on the 11th March, so am 3 days post-op. I stayed in for the two days to give myself time to recover without the kids :eek: The anaesthetist was in two minds whether or not to proceed because I was honest and said that the night before felt like a cold was coming on. I must admit I had my impression of him tainted slightly because he thought my oh was the one for surgery, even though he had my noted with him at the time!:mad:

Anyway, they did the op without any problems. I felt fine the first night, though I didn't get much sleep because my room was next to the nurse's station, and they were quite noisy.

The next day I felt much brighter, and was able to have some broth and ice cream. My cold came back tho and my temperature went up to 38 degrees. Paracetamol had kicked in by the morning, so was discharged home.

I slept quite well, as I am now dealing with the wind pain and how to cough without hurting too much. I walked my daughter to school and back today, and have spent the day catching up on sky :D

Not hungry at all, just trying to keep my fluids up mainly. Today I have had half a muller light, a chicken cuppa soup and am having a strawberry slim fast at the moment. Does this sound about right?

glad all has gone well, it will vary - but keep your fluids up plent of water or NAS squash is important even if you're not having much else :)

Moving around will help with wind, boots own brand equivalent of deflatine are also good, peppermint tea and moving arms around in windmill motion gently can also help :)

Welcome to the losers bench :)

how are you doing now?

Back