• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Officially a bander!!

misselvis said:
how are you feeling now
have you had a date to go back
i had my band 14th oct and havnt heard a thing from dolan park
i have had to phone them 3 times as i wasnt well, no follow up
hope to hear from you

kay xxx

Hi Kay! :)

Yeah I have a dietician call on Monday and a date for my fill. All of these came from email, haven't had any calls. Have you not herd from them at all? They had my phone number incorrect on their system too.

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi Paul

I read your blog last night - I think we stayed in the same room, hehe :) xx

Tobi said:
Hi Paul

I read your blog last night - I think we stayed in the same room, hehe :) xx

Ha ha thanks for reading it! How are you getting on? Looking forward to my dietician review Monday and my fill on Saturday! :)

Very good so far although I'll need a fill soon, I can eat more and more every day eeek! Good luck with your first fill and dietician appointment - I'll be waiting to hear all the gossip :) xxx

Tobi said:
Very good so far although I'll need a fill soon, I can eat more and more every day eeek! Good luck with your first fill and dietician appointment - I'll be waiting to hear all the gossip :) xxx

Yeah I will keep u posted! Glad ur doing ok! :)

Well had my dietician call this evening. Really nice lady, and learnt a few things. She also sent me some up to date information which was great. Can't wait to get my fill done now on Saturday! Woohoo. :)

p_relf said:
Well had my dietician call this evening. Really nice lady, and learnt a few things. She also sent me some up to date information which was great. Can't wait to get my fill done now on Saturday! Woohoo. :)

Who did you speak to Paul?

How's things?

Meggie moo said:
Who did you speak to Paul?

How's things?

Hello :) I spoke to Heidi she was lovely really I friendly and reassuring! Seems I'm eating the right types of food and gave me a few tips. Sent me and email with some up to date info. They are now saying you can drink when you eat, in small quantities. :)

Fill on Saturday so looking forward to that. Not looking forward to the liquids and then mushies again.... Lol.

How are you doing? X

In doing good thanks Paul x I was told when I got my fill that unless they give you a big fill its liquids 24hrs mush 24hrs then back to normal - so not too bad :) I've got another fill in 2 weeks x

I think I spoke too Pam but didn't offer to send me any upto date info by email - got another appointment with her 28th so will ask for that x

Meggie moo said:
In doing good thanks Paul x I was told when I got my fill that unless they give you a big fill its liquids 24hrs mush 24hrs then back to normal - so not too bad :) I've got another fill in 2 weeks x

I think I spoke too Pam but didn't offer to send me any upto date info by email - got another appointment with her 28th so will ask for that x

Glad ur ok. Yeah I'm glad it's only 24 hrs each as the book said 3 days. Apparently they are updating it! Loving eating normal food again. :) are u loosing more weight now? I've slowed down so need that fill. :)

I lost 2.5 last week (I weigh on a thurs) but so far nothing this week :( but so far very happy with what I've lost so far - but like everyone else want to wake up tomorrow and be 4 stone lighter lol x

Well had my first band fill this am, had 3 mls put in, then had a couple of drinks and felt bubbles every time I drank so she removed 0.5 mls and feels better now! So I have 7.5 mls in a 14 mls band! :) hope everyone is well!

p_relf said:
Well had my first band fill this am, had 3 mls put in, then had a couple of drinks and felt bubbles every time I drank so she removed 0.5 mls and feels better now! So I have 7.5 mls in a 14 mls band! :) hope everyone is well!

Mad what a difference removing just that small amount makes Paul x

Meggie moo said:
Mad what a difference removing just that small amount makes Paul x

I know! And I didn't realise what a struggle it would be going back into liquids! Just getting use to solids again! But it's only 24 hrs and then 24 hrs mush! Lol hopefully the weight should move again! Also plan on going to the gym this week :) how u doing? X

p_relf said:
I know! And I didn't realise what a struggle it would be going back into liquids! Just getting use to solids again! But it's only 24 hrs and then 24 hrs mush! Lol hopefully the weight should move again! Also plan on going to the gym this week :) how u doing? X

I'm ok thanks Paul - chuffed to report that since starting pre op diet I've not had any flare ups or aches and pains from my arthritis and fibromyalgia in fact I'd say this is the best I've felt in years :) only lost 1/2lb last week but its still a loss so am ok with that x wish it was coming off quicker but as long as its coming off that's all good with me x x

Gym?????? Yeah really need to get my bum into gear and start some exercise will get the weight shifting quicker lol x

Well I've lost 3 stone and due my 2nd band fill Saturday! All going well :)) I'm about 10 wks post op! Yay :)

My first fill is next week. I can't really say that I can't wait for it, because I am such a coward and I am dreading it already! Yes, I know, it will be really thin needle and I won't feel it nearly at all......but whatever you say, it is still not making me less worries. I am not usually like this with any other injections, only injection to stomach. It is like if my natural instinct (to flee or fight) overtake my brain, and no matter how much I know that it is necessary and it won't be that bad, at that moment I don't think I will be using my brain to think logically! Sight.... But I am looking forward to afterwards. When I stop being hungry.

Yeah after first fill I definitely found I eat less and then weight loss started again! I didn't feel it at all and was over in a few seconds! :) good luck guys! X

Hi all, realised I hadn't done an update in a while! Well last Saturday I had my 3rd band fill now up to 8.5 mls in a 14mls large band! Things are going well lost over 3.5 st since my surgery! Trying to adjust to this fill, definitely find some foods I'm regurgitating and some not! Had dietician review also last night and she seems happy! Hope ur all doing well!

I've updated my blog recently:

https://prelf1980.wordpress.com/

Paul :)

Back