• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Officially a bander!!

misselvis said:
hi
hope your feeling better
i will be going to dolan park sunday 14th
let you all know how get on

ksy xx

Good luck ur be fine! I had a good experience from THG so far! Now feeling recovered! :) let us know if u have any questions ? We all will help if we can! :) Paul

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Good luck ur be fine! I had a good experience from THG so far! Now feeling recovered! :) let us know if u have any questions ? We all will help if we can! :) Paul

You have had the same surgeon as I am having. What is he like? I am getting a bit scared. My date is coming in three weeks time.

Did you get the injections to do yourself at home?

Hanako said:
You have had the same surgeon as I am having. What is he like? I am getting a bit scared. My date is coming in three weeks time.

Did you get the injections to do yourself at home?

Mr Richardson is fine, typical consultant! Reassuring and did a good job as far as I can tell he he

No only had injections after my surgery by the hospital that evening and the morning I left! Surgical stockings for a few days after!

I was also anxious and I'm a senior nurse! It's natural, don't worry, ur be well locked after! :)

kellsbells said:
Hey Hun how was your night? Xx

Yeah was fine, had 2 glasses and a but merry after the first. There was a buffet at the party and was soooo tempted but didn't. I've decided that I'm having my first meal tomorrow night, as officially two weeks and wanted to try and eat something before Im at work and I'm not how it will make me feel. Lol..

How's u? U doing ok? Paul

Hi all,

Well I officially have a band now. Just got home from Dolan Park.

Was picked up by the driver at 06.00 yesterday, had the op about 15.40 in the end. Minimal wind pain, and port sides moderately painful. Taken the liquid paracetamol. Got a 14 ml band in, with a 5 ml in at time of op. Surgeon was Mr Richardson who was great. Was in room 25. Only two negative thing : no wifi as it was broken and poor phone signal. Second was that once I had arrived, and had bloods and ECG, I had to wait for nearly 2 hrs for my room as they were busy, but overall was fine. X :)

may be in your room tomorrow
sunday 14th
i am going tp dolan park
have to be there for 7 am
i am dreading it

kay xx

misselvis said:
sunday 14th
i am going tp dolan park
i am dreading it

kay xx

Good luck Kay

Ur journey start tomorrow

Lisa x x

misselvis said:
sunday 14th
i am going tp dolan park
i am dreading it

kay xx

Good luck! Ur be fine and on the road to recovery soon! Can't believe I've been 2 weeks post op! Keep us posted! :)

Well my fear of being sick since my band happened tonight! Got home from work and went and eaten some chicken too quickly! About 4 mouthfuls and burning pain and then vomited it back up! Nightmare! Oh well!

Oh no, you feeling ok now?

It's hard to remember to chew slowly,especially when you are hungry! :( x

p_relf, I am sorry to hear that!

On the positive note, at least you see that the band is reinforcing some boundaries in your relationships (relationship between you and the band, and also relationship between you and the food). And it seems that the band is the one who will always win if there is some disagreement, so that may help you listen to it and do as you were told... (just joking, don't take me seriously!)

Ouch, sorry to hear that :( How bad was it? I'm terrified of being sick. Even without a band it's always very painful and a horrific experience for me so I'm kinda dreading it with the band... And I'm feeling rather nauseous at the moment, my band didn't like the turkey meatballs I had earlier, eeeeeek x

Hope your ok now Paul x

Thanks all! It was a lesson and yes it's doing the right job!

And trying not too be too graphic! It wasn't like vomiting before you had the band! It was a lot of excess sputum and not very well chewed food! Was fine after I had got rid of it! The nausea soon left! Now feeling much better! :)

p_relf said:
Thanks all! It was a lesson and yes it's doing the right job!

And trying not too be too graphic! It wasn't like vomiting before you had the band! It was a lot of excess sputum and not very well chewed food! Was fine after I had got rid of it! The nausea soon left! Now feeling much better! :)

Sounds vile hate being sick at the best of times, glad all ok now though x

Hi all,

Well I officially have a band now. Just got home from Dolan Park.

Was picked up by the driver at 06.00 yesterday, had the op about 15.40 in the end. Minimal wind pain, and port sides moderately painful. Taken the liquid paracetamol. Got a 14 ml band in, with a 5 ml in at time of op. Surgeon was Mr Richardson who was great. Was in room 25. Only two negative thing : no wifi as it was broken and poor phone signal. Second was that once I had arrived, and had bloods and ECG, I had to wait for nearly 2 hrs for my room as they were busy, but overall was fine. X :)

how are you feeling now
have you had a date to go back
i had my band 14th oct and havnt heard a thing from dolan park
i have had to phone them 3 times as i wasnt well, no follow up
hope to hear from you

kay xxx

misselvis said:
hi
how are you doing
i dont know if you are getting my messages
i have sent you