• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Officially a bander!!

p_relf

Hi all,

Well I officially have a band now. Just got home from Dolan Park.

Was picked up by the driver at 06.00 yesterday, had the op about 15.40 in the end. Minimal wind pain, and port sides moderately painful. Taken the liquid paracetamol. Got a 14 ml band in, with a 5 ml in at time of op. Surgeon was Mr Richardson who was great. Was in room 25. Only two negative thing : no wifi as it was broken and poor phone signal. Second was that once I had arrived, and had bloods and ECG, I had to wait for nearly 2 hrs for my room as they were busy, but overall was fine. X :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Welcome to the losers bench and glad to hear all went well :) wishing you a speedy recovery! x

Good to hear your back home and all went well x bummer about the wifi - I had pants phone signal unless I hung out the window lol x rest take it easy and super speedy recovery x

Today was the first day I have ventured out and feel shattered and back in pjs as they the most comfortable - such a slob eh lol

I've just woken from a little snooze. Feeling knackered. Just had some soup and it tasted great! :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

thWishinguaspeedyrecovery.jpg

wishing you a speedy recovery X

Welcome to the club. I had Mr Richardson too. My experience was not bad as the room was ready and had wii fi. Speedy recovery

Thanks guys! Struggling with shoulder pain tonight, but haven't had time to get peppermint tea or windezz. Worried about sleeping too! But I'm sure I'll be fine :)

Ahhh can't sleep! Tried in bed but too sore! So now on sofa! Got so much wind bubbling around! Boo! Tried on my side and back but still too painful :-(( x

p_relf said:
Ahhh can't sleep! Tried in bed but too sore! So now on sofa! Got so much wind bubbling around! Boo! Tried on my side and back but still too painful :-(( x

I found putting a pillow under my belly help a little not a lot but did help am sorry u can't sleep:-( finger x u can nap later today x

Someone suggested dissolvable codamol 500 to me it was a god send - I took it every 4 hours on the second day but only 4 doses - I got a good night sleep and then reverted back to paracetamol after that as the pain became more bearable by then. I also found pillows under my back helped xxx

Thanks guys took some dissolvable co codamol 30/500 this am! Going to get my friends to get me some windezz today and peppermint tea! If it wasn't for the wind pain I would feel ok :(

I'm the same Paul if it wasn't for painkillers if a night don't think I would be sleeping x on day 5 at the moment x hope you get some. Sleep x

So wind is better after peppermint tea, and windeze. Taken regular co codamol which has helped! Haven't had much to eat/drink really! Had a slim fast shake at breaky, a innocent smoothie for lunch and a cuppa soup earlier! Don't feel hungry and feeling a little nauseas tonight :-( all fun! Lol

Your eating more than me lol had third of yogurt ice lolly and about 100ml of soup today just not hungry - wind pain needs to do one now so that I can get on and eat :)

Back