• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oh Dear...

Hi there
I think your friend is struggling because he has the old you to compare to. The question is - how do you feel? If it suits you then thats really all that matters. I think you look fine and any new person you meet would just see an ordinary guy without a weight problem. How fantastic is that?
Love yourself and others will follow and be very proud of your achievement. You deserve to be!!
Love and best wishes
JO X

I agree with all the rest. Nothing to add really. Just wanted to say how well and fit you look :hug99:

I agree with everyone else too! You look great, fit and healthy. I can't wait to see my cheek bones! I do think people get used to seeing us a certain way.
Your mate will get used to it.

hi kim, im lucky/unlucky enough to have high cheekbones, so as soon as i lose a couple of pounds, i DO look gaunt and ill, even before i lost weight i had my 'indents' as i call them, now, however that the weight is coming off everywhere else, it kinda dosnt look too bad. as a fella with a shaved head, your actually showing off more of your natural skull structure, so maybe that was a shock to your friend, but if he dosnt like it, or is shocked by it, thats his problem, not yours, you look fantastic, and probably once he has seen you a couple of times, he'll come to realise that he was wrong in his first assumptions. youve done soooo well hun, and should be proud of yourself, as i think you so rightly are. as long as you feel good, thats all that matters. hugs xx

You're looking great Kim, I really wouldn't worry about what your friend said.

It's been a while since he saw you & it was probably a shock to see you after losing so much weight.

You're looking fabulous!!

xxx

Thanks again ALL, I really do appreciate your nice comments. :)

Here is a photo of me, that I took last Night....

attachment.php

Attachments

• slim.jpg
    slim.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 100
kim - dont take his comments to heart too much but do remember you are exercising and muscle does weigh heavier so yes the scales may say your still overweight but it could be that your body is in full fitness. because you are looking in the mirror everyday you dont notice ever change and i am sure your friend meant no harm by it. if you happy where you are great if not keep doing what your doing just please dont make yourself poorly or push yourself too much
xxxxx

Last edited:
From your recent photo I can sort of see what your friend means - BUT it is such a complete transformation from how you were before.

I have told my immediate family to tell me when enough is enough - I have about 7lbs to the magic BMI 25

but only one neighbour and family I don't see that often have said not to lose anymore.

I think people are so used to us as "big" people it comes as a shock when we become "little" people

And we live nearer my hubbys family than mine - and they never knew me thin - I was at least 16 st when I met hubby.

BTW - you look great - and as long as you feel great don't worry!!

xx

From your recent photo I can sort of see what your friend means - BUT it is such a complete transformation from how you were before.

I have told my immediate family to tell me when enough is enough - I have about 7lbs to the magic BMI 25

but only one neighbour and family I don't see that often have said not to lose anymore.

I think people are so used to us as "big" people it comes as a shock when we become "little" people

And we live nearer my hubbys family than mine - and they never knew me thin - I was at least 16 st when I met hubby.

BTW - you look great - and as long as you feel great don't worry!!

xx
Thanks hun x :)

...A good friend came to visit me today, and I aint seen him for a while.
He walked into my house and the first thing he said was.....MY GOD MATE, YOU LOOK ILL. :(
He said that I am to thin, and my face looks very thin and gaunt, and my cheek bones are sticking out and that he could see the outline of my skull.
He said sorry, and that he was only telling me as a friend.
Thing is, I feel great (apart from when my gallstones flare up), I take all my vitamins without fail, I exercise every day.
I'm 6'2 tall and now weigh 15 stone 10, which according to the charts at the doctors, I'm still overweight.
So I dunno, just feel a bit miffed really. :cry:

Your friend just needs to get used to the new you. The changes you have made have far reaching consequences for you and for your friends. They will get used to the lovely shape of your head and will soon realise that the person hidden underneath all that weight is still the same. xx

You look great and have worked hard to achieve what you have. Ask those close to you what they think and be guided by not only the health professionals but by those around you every day and who you can trust to give you an honest response.

For what it's worth, I don't think you look ill but the weight loss and the removal of you beard makes you look doubly different. What you have achieved is incredible.

Maybe smile a bit more - you should be grinning from ear to ear at how well you've done xxxxxx
I know but I'm terrible at smiling for photos. LOL I used to hate my photo being taken for obvious reasons. x

Hiya Kim. Well I've just given you a thorough once over-had a really good look at all your photos. My word you do look different. You're face is greatly changed. Yup- your cheekbones stick ou.- but you don't look gaunt. You have a good bone structure with high cheekbones and a chisleled jaw line. We couldn't see that little surprise on earlier photos coz of your beard! Of course we can see your skull- you don't have any hair and no longer have layers of fat covering it up. You don't look to thin or ill to me but you do look slim and well and have bright eyes - eyes that are twice the size of the ones that fat bloke in the photo that your mates used to had! I don't expect to see a chubby you because I don't know you so have no preconceived ideas of what you should look like. I just see your photo and see that you've done great. Remember that you see yourself everyday and are still getting used to this new slim you. Friends and family don't see you every day so what to you has been a gradual change is a HUGE change to them. As a society we do associate rapid and/or large weight loss with being ill, so I'm sure your mate was not being mean but was genuinely concerned. When he adjusts is perception of you he'll expect to see the slim you and will see you as I do - slim and healthy.

xx

Hiya Kim. Well I've just given you a thorough once over-had a really good look at all your photos. My word you do look different. You're face is greatly changed. Yup- your cheekbones stick ou.- but you don't look gaunt. You have a good bone structure with high cheekbones and a chisleled jaw line. We couldn't see that little surprise on earlier photos coz of your beard! Of course we can see your skull- you don't have any hair and no longer have layers of fat covering it up. You don't look to thin or ill to me but you do look slim and well and have bright eyes - eyes that are twice the size of the ones that fat bloke in the photo that your mates used to had! I don't expect to see a chubby you because I don't know you so have no preconceived ideas of what you should look like. I just see your photo and see that you've done great. Remember that you see yourself everyday and are still getting used to this new slim you. Friends and family don't see you every day so what to you has been a gradual change is a HUGE change to them. As a society we do associate rapid and/or large weight loss with being ill, so I'm sure your mate was not being mean but was genuinely concerned. When he adjusts is perception of you he'll expect to see the slim you and will see you as I do - slim and healthy.

xx
Aw cheers flower. I'm in the process of growing my hair back, fist time in 20 years LOL. I am also undecided about dropping the beard for good?

KIM xx

You have come so far and done so well
Pat yourself on the back
Your friend will soon get used to the new you
Keep me a place on the losers bench :)
x

Back