• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

omg got my funding

jackothechef

Hi guys
I cant believe it i got a letter from shaw somers saying that i have been awarded funding to have wls done
It was a real shock because i thought st thomas's in london were going to do my op , so am really shocked.
am really pleased such a well known surgeon will perform the wls but am still really scared i wont make it through the op or die shortly after as i have extensive co-morbidities

Hiya Jack that is the best news you could possibly have and you will be fine believe me we are all scared of those same things when we go for WLS and it lurks at the edge of our minds. However you also tell yourself that you HAVE to do this if you want ot go on and live a much LONGER life, it is so worthwhile

the letter says there is a six to seven month waiting time to see shaw at an out patients appionement
hopefully it will come quicker
see if my gp can ask because of my bad health issues

Hi Jacko, great news on the funding :clap: I believe Shaw Somers does have quite long waiting lists partly because of how well known he is!

Hi Jacko - thats great news. Do you mind me asking when you were referred? I was referred at the end of last July and I'm just waiting to hear from Shaw Somers. If you were referred just before me, it could mean my weight (oops, wait!) is almost over!

congratulations x

Congratulations so pleased for you and hope you hear soon.

Hi Jacko - thats great news. Do you mind me asking when you were referred? I was referred at the end of last July and I'm just waiting to hear from Shaw Somers. If you were referred just before me, it could mean my weight (oops, wait!) is almost over!

hi i was referred to my pct just before xmas but i have had considerable health probs over last five years including cardiac arrest have you got any health probs
Where are you from

Congratulations on your news Jack, wishing you the best of luck.

Hi jacko - i'm in east sussex. Was referred, as I said, last July by my GP. Funding has been approved. I had a phone call from the hospital a few weeks ago asking if I was still interested in wls (uh - yeah!) and they would pass my details onto appointments. Every time the letter box rattles, my nerves jangle with it!!!
As for other problems, well i guess i'm lucky in a way. Blood pressure not too bad, no other real problems apart from the weight, which in itself is a problem - can't get about, pain in my back and legs (and for some reason buttocks!!), shortness of breath, light headiness as though I'm about to faint (maybe more to do with being uptight about my weight?). I'm lucky that my GP has been so understanding and supportive. I'm the first person he's referred for wls so I'm his guinea pig!

Back