• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG !!! my op is now 8th may brought forward

Brilliant news Brett!!
Not long to wait, soon be here Good luck on your pre op diet..........Really pleased for you

Hey congratulations...

Boots have a 3 for 2 offer on Slimfast at the moment, but suspect the big supermarkets are still cheaper.

Good luck with the pre-op
yoyo

Great news Brett bet you cant wait now just think you will be a whole new person for your holiday later this year you will be needing a whole new wardrobe to go with. Good Luck with with the preop diet.
Keep us updated:bestwishes: xx

wow Brett thats great news!! Your not far behind me... hope it goes well for you.
I'm confused thought why the slimfast? is that the only option for your pre op?? x

fantastic news brett. Am so very happy for you. You really deserve this hun and I just know you are going to be a success story xx

Brett whey protien is the most easily obsdorbed protien shake you can get :) so yes you mgiht need it as part of your pre-op and you certainly will afterwards when your on fluids and need to keep your protien intake up

Congrats hun!!!
Thats fantastic news!!!
Some advice. Stay away from the powdered slimfast. They taste nasty! Cans are soo much nicer and easier too. Yes maybe a little more pricey but think about the money you will be saving on food. Also as you have to have it you may as well like it! Otherwise its gonna be hell. The cans are actually quite nice.

I'm green with envy! You lucky thing you! X

OOh that's fab news Brett, but I bet your bricking it now;);)I can't do cancellations, as have the houndlets to put in kennels so need a bit of notice:rolleyes::D

thanks guys im so excited .. had loads of calls today from hospital and so on about my diets ... i have to do the 2 weeks liver shrink ... my hospital have a few diets but cause i only have 2 weeks before my op im doing 5 slim fasts a day and 2 ltrs clear fluids .. thats it ...

so lets see how it goes ..

Wow way to go. See all that stress and worry and here you are. Hope you get other half to make one of his fab meals tonight for your last meal. Good luck with pre-op
I'm of to holland and barrett in min as seem to have gained a few pounds know its water but need to get rid.

Ali

I am loving my strawberry slim fasts. Chocolate is not as s nice so have to down that one as I am not wasting the money. They are quite filling and i don't know if I could manage 5 in a day.

great - you will be fine I am 4 days post op and fine - not half as bad as i thought
keep positive - nearly there

xxx

my pre op diet is ..

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A very low calorie diet (VLCD) is designed to completely replace usual food intake. We use a programme called Slimfast, which is nutritionally balanced to ensure your body gets the essential protein, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes and fatty acids. The programme is easy to follow; you don’t have to worry about counting calories or restricting your food intake. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]However, due to the severe restriction and potential side effects, this VLCD should not be followed for periods greater than advised by your dietitian. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You could expect to lose 1.5-2.5kg per week, when strictly following this diet[/FONT]

Calories per day: 1000 kcal

Meal/Snack
Product
Amount
Calories
Protein (g)
Breakfast
Slimfast shake
1 serving
200 cals

Morning snack
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Slimfast shake or Slimfast meal replacement bar [/FONT][/FONT]
1 serving
200 cals

Lunch
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Slimfast shake[/FONT]
1 serving
200 cals

Dinner
1 serving
200 cals

Evening snack
1 serving
200 cals

Totals

• Drink at least 2 L of non caloric liquid per day in addition to the liquid consumed with the SLIMFAST product
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The bars should be limited to only 1 on this meal plan[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You should choose only the milkshake drinks, not the smoothies[/FONT]

General Information

• [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]2 litres of additional fluid/day – any sugar free soft drinks, tea/coffee (no milk or sugar)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The diet is nutritionally complete for vitamins and minerals in 4 bottles [/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You could expect to lose 1.5-2.5kg per week, when strictly following this diet, depending on your calorie plan. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This diet can not be followed for longer than 12 weeks[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Additional daily allowances during Slimfast VLCD[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Allowed[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I portion =[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Stock cubes, low calorie [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cup-a soup, miso soup[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Artificial sweeteners[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Sugar free mints[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Diet or sugar free jelly[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, sans-serif](at least 2 L extra per day)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Water, tea (black), diet soft drinks, low sugar squash, mineral water[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Fruit juice[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Avoid[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]All other soups[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Miscellaneous[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Sugar in drinks[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Caffeine[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Alcohol[/FONT]

Does this diet have any side effects?

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You might experience side effects for the first few days. These are linked with your body getting used to less food and nutrition. Most of the problems will disappear after a few days and can be helped by drinking plenty of fluids[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unpleasant side effects may occur, as your body is burning fat instead of carbohydrates. This results in the body producing ketones, which can cause bad breath, tiredness, headaches, mild dizziness and nausea. These should get better as the diet progresses. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You may find it helps to brush your teeth more frequently and use a mouthwash.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Constipation may also occur as a result of reducing the amount of typically high-fibre foods taken in the diet[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ensure you drink enough fluids (2L) [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If the problem continues, you can take liquid senna or lactulose; these can be purchased from your local chemist[/FONT]

Back