• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG OMG OMG - Got the 'CALL'

hiya and congratulations joanne7271.i had to wait for post.im on the 20thmarch.roll on next Thursday to start the diet.yes this group is great.all the help we want.and such friendly people.there is a lot having it in march.so will keep in touch.and you take care

Definitely keep in touch. I have been so worried about hair loss, not being able to eat (as if it is the beall and end all!) is my life so sad that i need to eat??

Rollercoaster I am goin through at the moment is a white knuckle ride lol

I keep thinkin I cant do it, then the next minute defo just go for it!

I think the problem is ppl say you are not massive, you carry it well, so I know other people dont think i need it. It plays with my mind, I know i havent got as much to lose as others but I am unhappy with myself and body.

Everyone says 'you are a lovely person' and I know it but feel ppl just see the happy go lucky facade and noone knows how unhappy i really am...... just my hubby who is really supportive.

He knows how much i hate myself and the way i look. doesnt matter that ppl tell tell me i am pretty or a great person, my mind wont let me think anything good about myself when i look in the mirror!

And that is what keeps me going to go through with this........ I even had my mams friend trying to talk me out of it the other night! I just dont need that, especially as I keep toing and froing anyway!

Sorry for the rant, just trying to stay positive. xx

Congratulations Joanne, its weird how you feel when the call comes through. I went through a multitude of emotions when I got my call and even on the day of my op I went back and forth, but I have to say that it was the best decision I've ever made. Best of luck to you on your journey x

Thanks Jenny, how did you get over the back and forth thing, I am like that, wish I cud gain hindsight lol xx
:rolleyes::)

Congratulations Joanne iv been wondering if you had your date yet. Best of luck with your op it will be here before you know it. Im 6 weeks post op today and feeling good also 10kg lighter best thing iv ever done. :)

Congratulations Joanne iv been wondering if you had your date yet. Best of luck with your op it will be here before you know it. Im 6 weeks post op today and feeling good also 10kg lighter best thing iv ever done. :)

Aww Lynzy, how are you. Have you been to the support group yet at SRH?

I couldnt make it on Thursday as I was working and I definitely wont make next month because I will be all tucked up in the ward awaiting the op the next day but will be thinking of the group just across the way lol

10kg is great!! I hope I lose that much....... just wish it was here now, start the pre op on 17th

Shouldnt complain really i only been on the list since 3rd Jan! very quick but I think cos Mr Mahawar has left now who was supposed to be doing mine, I have been moved to someone else (dont know who yet tho, eek!)

:553:

Roll on a fortnight whoop xx

Im really good thanks. Went to the group on Thursday met some really nice people will make sure I get there as often as I can and will keep an eye out for you in 2 months time :) I was with mr schroeder for all of my appointments and ended up with mr small he was really nice. All of the staff on the ward are fantastic couldn't fault anything strange thing to say but I enjoyed my hospital stay! Once I had my date it took over my life and was all I could think about the excitement got worse every day lol. Hope it flies over for you

Congratulations :) xx

Finally got the letter ...........

2014-03-03 15.41.41.jpg

Whoop :giggle:

Thanks Jenny, how did you get over the back and forth thing, I am like that, wish I cud gain hindsight lol xx
:rolleyes::)

Hi Joanne,

I didn't really get over it to be honest. Right up to the last second, when I was on the table taking to the anestatist I was "do I really want to do this? Is this the right thing for me?" Like you a lot of people didn't think I really needed it, although I was 15.5stone, 5ft 2 with a BMI of 40, and a size 20, people would say "you're not that big, you're a lovely person as you are" etc. i have suffered with an eating disorder for a very long time and finally got the help i needed in sept 2012 and my surgery sept 2013. For me I had to focus on why I was doing it, what my expectations were of what the surgery would do for me, was i prepared to change my life, because it is a life changing experience. It's not a quick fix, it will not stop you from putting weight on gain in the future, its a tool to help you reach your goals. Due to my previous eating problems, I found it almost impossible to lose weight, my metabolism was completely screwed up, so surgery really was a final resort for me. I am so pleased i did it, I've still go a little way to go, but I'm learning to change my eating and making the right choices, seeing the weight come off has been the most amazing feeling, I'm becoming a healthier, happier person. Im almost 6 months post op, have lost 4.5 stone, (only 1.5 to go!!), my bmi is down to 28.3, in a size 12. I have days/weeks when im frustrated as the weigh loss has stalled, I hate how much my hair has thinned out and seeing the clumps come out each time I even brush my hair, going through dumping and learning what foods you can tolerate after surgery has been a real learning curve. Has it fixed all my problems- frankly no, I still have body issues, I still hate to look at myself in the mirror (although not as much as before, so im hopeful!), my love life still sucks, I'm certainly no richer than before, but over all it has been worth it, and im so thankful i had it done.

As long as YOU think its right for you, then its right. After all no one else knows how you feel inside or what you're going through.

Thinking of you,

Jen

Oh and just seen you have your date!! Woo hoo! Good luck with your pre-op diet hun x

I know in my heart of hearts its the right thing to do, if i dont i am going to be stuck like this for the rest of my life and frankly, that depresses me more!

If I get problems afterward I will have to learn to deal with them......... but you have been inspirational by being so straight talking and I appreciate it.

Roll on 17th for the scrumptious milk diet lol. Onwards and downwards.......:)

I'm also Sunderland put on list 11th jam told me 6mth waiting list have you getting a cancelation do you think

I'm also Sunderland put on list 11th jam told me 6mth waiting list have you getting a cancelation do you think

I am not sure Flash. I was told 6 months by the secretary (think standard response!). When I had my endoscopy on 3rd January Mr Mahawar told me 4 months (and he should know). So I was geared up for early May to End of June. However when I got the call on Thursday I go the shock of my life lol.

Who you with and when did you start your journey? x

I'm with the coloured one can never remember his name this is three years now but I think a lot of it was due to opp cancelations was ok with six month but after reading your post got nervous as I've a surprise holiday booked for my mam 70 in April so thinking that I won't be going now

I'm with the coloured one can never remember his name this is three years now but I think a lot of it was due to opp cancelations was ok with six month but after reading your post got nervous as I've a surprise holiday booked for my mam 70 in April so thinking that I won't be going now

You never know flash, you may be ok, i also got a letter yesterday and my op isnt until end march, i will be startin pre op diet on 17th.

You get the choice to cancel it but not sure how long you would have to wait again.

I was with Mahawar but he left now so am with Mr Balupuri x

p.s. I also think they give you at least one month notice so you would have that time, however, you may be doing pre op 10 day diet while on your hols if you were april x

p.s. I also think they give you at least one month notice so you would have that time, however, you may be doing pre op 10 day diet while on your hols if you were april x
I only got 10 days notice they rang me Xmas Eve start the milk diet Xmas day operation 4th jan. You feel like your waiting forever then it ends up a mad rush :)

I feel like that now Tracey, week monday for diet x

Tryin to keep myself grounded, busy at work anyway and kids keep me busy at home. I just hope it all goes well and I dont have any major problems when I have had it done x

Back