• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG OMG OMG

Hi

I would give your team a call, they should have given you diet advice, in my case it was Purée food for 4 weeks, then mashed food for 4 weeks and then onto normal food after 8 weeks, fluid intake was 2 litres a day, Vitamins where to be started two weeks after surgery. And I would have thought you should also be on the Anticoagulant injections as well, especially as you had open surgery, I had to have mine for about 4 weeks and I had my bypass keyhole style.

Give your team a call as you might have fell through the system because of your extended stay in HDU.

Paul

Hi Tartanlady,
I was given diet info for the first three stages, a very brief summary:
- fluid liquid only for two weeks (fluid like water, tea, coffee, soup, no sugar squash, thin yoghurt.)
- lumpy fuids for two weeks
-pureed foods for two weeks
introduce "normal" food in week 6, if all the other stages have gone okay. Always return to the previous stage for a few days if any discomfort.

I was also not given much meds to take away. I was expecting bag-fulls, and also no daily injections.

Anyway, glad your home in our own bed. I know the feeling having had my op a few days afer you.

Good luck!
SNx

I know exactly what you mean by not feeling hungry. Did you get a discharge letter? Mine was open too and have a bag full of meds, most of them taste yuk. If you've not got anything, I'd give them a ring, I have to return to pick up the staple remover,my docs don't have them.

Sorry for the lack of updates, wound up in bed for best part of the week having picked up norovirus :( I know Tartanlady is now home (yesterday), so should be out and about on here soon enough. sorry for not being able to give more info

Aww thanks for the update scooter I have been wondering how she got on. So sorry that you caught the dreaded norovirus and hope you get well soon.

get well soon

Great news for about the op x

Back