• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG OMG OMG

That's fantastic news :). Good luck

Good luck for today hun. hope you have a speedy recovery

All the best for today! Hope your op goes well and you're up and about soon!

Hi guys, I've received a message from tartanlady. She's currently waiting for surgery in the daycase surgery. She's been given a pager to carry round and they will bleep her and let her know when to return and to get ready for surgery

Thinking of you hun and wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Hi guys! I've been to see the lovely Tartanlady today at hospital. Surgery went well.only prob is there's no bed for her on the surgical ward so she's on HDU but doing well :) she sends her love and thanks for kidness and appologises for not posting herself- the hospital is real poo for signal. They're hoping to move her down to general surgical ward this evening. Swallow test today looks fine, she's on 10mls moving to free fluids :) excellent progress! Took a card and some squash, and will go visit tomorrow. Will pass on any messages for you :)

Excellent news scooter, please send her my well wishes. My op is tomorrow, so I am hoping to keep in touch with her.
Nix

Finally here

Whoot 6 days post op ended up in hospital hdu for a lot longer than I thought due to lung problems, but got released last night, at least can get decent cold water drink now lol.

Only dowside so far as I can see was not told anything apart from drink plenty, no diet advice none of that protein drink your supposed to be on injections and other meds received lol.

Any regrets NO NO NO and oh did I say NO lol

Merry Christmas Everyone

Welcome home hun sit down relax and recuperate hope you have a speedy recovery. xx

Hi Hun,
I'm 6 days post op too, I had bypass, I'm currently on unlimited fluids, milk, slimfast or complain, consommé type soups, smooth yoghurt with no bits. This was for a week and then I can start to move on to purses from tomorrow, which I should stay on for 2 to 3 weeks. Hope this helps.

Sorry for the lack of updates, wound up in bed for best part of the week having picked up norovirus :( I know Tartanlady is now home (yesterday), so should be out and about on here soon enough. sorry for not being able to give more info

Excellent news scooter, please send her my well wishes. My op is tomorrow, so I am hoping to keep in touch with her.
Nix

Welcome to the losers bench x Merry Christmas to you indeed!

Thanks WobblyW for that reply not that I am hungry just know I am supposed to be getting something down in protein form or something got on the Wii yesterday 7lb down.

Mum tried hard to sabotage me a little I think I went round she said she felt bad about having a dinner there and me not eat so to make her happy had a teaspoon of really runny mashed potato off her plate lol.

Congrats hun and hope you have a speedy recovery :)

Last edited:
Back