• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On line supermarket shopping?

BeaBea

Hi, I know I'm probably a bit behind with this, but how many peeps use this method of shopping and how do you find it. I have been thinking I should use it especially as hubs does not drive and I don't know if I will feel like it or not after the op?

I'm a huge fan of ASDA in our area... tried Tesco and was disappointed, Sainsbury's was over priced and I have a really good shop for the family once a week and get an excellent service here so I can hand on heart recommend ASDA.

Plus I tend to save money through shopping with ASDA.

Good luck Beth and you can pre order for a few days ahead to help you too and amend up until 10pm on the night before the delivery.. some deliveries are currently down to £3.

Loving hugs Angel xxx

Beth I'm the same as Bev I prefer shopping on line with Asda.....I have never had any complaints at all....I luv that if something is out of stock they bring an alternative which is your choice to accept & only charge the price of the original if the alternative is higher!
I find I dont just randomly pick up "extras" like I would if shopping on store. Also once you've shopped a few times with them they send free delivery voucher codes..I;ve just received this one LPD3 011110 (ML14)
Give it a try but not sure if its just valid for me....but hey worth a try just add it at checkout xx

Bea i've done online shopping (or at least i do it now and then) and it's always been a good service from Asda with excellent prices...

However, after just seeing the bit on Watchdog about them overcharging people i'd say be vigilant and make sure your bill is what you expect...

Otherwise, as the only driver in our house, i think it's an excellent idea, especially now colder days are here :) Shopping without leaving the comfort of your own home!

girls, make sure you check your receipts, i was watching watch dog in the early hours of this morning, and they were saying that asda, and some of the other supermarkets have actually been overcharging, and they recommend that everyone checks their bills, especially asda. just thought id let you know.

I just want to say i have used waitrose asda and tesco ...waitrose (the most expensive)best service by miles ..but comes at a cost...
tesco and asda are great too..I will say I refuse to buy fruit and veg through this service though....
I am not that fussy ..but I like to have green bananas that will ripen throughout the week..and unbruised apples ... Jacket potatoes to the size I will eat...etc....
but for everything else its fine...
give it a try...xx

Hi beth i have used asda and i really found them to give a good service i wouldnt advise buying fresh fruit and veg though never seems to last long. you could make up some meals over the weekend and freeze them for the mr plus it might take your mind off things for a while.

I'm in my third year of shopping with ASDA and I check my bill religiously... never had an issue with mistakes & I have a note on my shopping that every item which is fresh must me absolutely fresh... I get what I have asked for and have been able to keep fruit, veg for up to a week or more and salad as described...

I had an awful ordeal with Tesco... and nothing was up to standard... similarly with Sainsbury's I paid over the odds...

In our area, on balance I have to give ASDA top marks... and there is always the option of sending items back upon receipt with a full refund and the drivers go out of their way to be helpful over here.

I'm very pleased with ASDA and regularly buy their offers and store up for the family, I've saved a fortune via shopping online this year and had a good quality of food and household items.

If I wasn't happy with something they would be the first to know... but in 3 years, I cannot complain and I know I am going to get my shopping all weathers and at a time to suit me...

If you are ever unsure of anything, just flag it up, they would be certain to put it right and I can't praise ASDA enough, our bread is always as fresh as can be alongside the fresh picked produce...

Love and hugs everyone xxx

I think over the last 5-7 years i have tried all of them. I found saisburys not so good - asda ok but Tesco was the best and used them for about 3-4 years. I tried Ocado about a year ago, and have found that they r head and shoulders above all of the rest. Their service is outstanding - 1 hour slots, brilliant drivers, and fabulous food. Since Ocado took over Waitrose, their items price match tesco for about 70% of their items, and they still have waitrose items which are always tasty and good value. The only downside is that they r a bit expensive for meat - but its always good quality. I would never go back to the others for my main shop.

Im with Bev never had any probs with Asda.I find their site the easiest to use too.You can opt for substitutes or not,they recycle your bags.My delivery man brings the stuff into the kitchen,its right by the door!Since hubby had his heart attack and op its been great for us not to worry about it.By the time you drive there,pick stuff,go through till,load in car,unload get into house then put it away I say Heres the £3 do it for me,its a bargain plus no petrol/parking.Do it while I watch tv.Have got my xmas shop list ready saved to press a button in a few weeks and its done for me.Heaven, I would rather be tucked up on the sofa with a good book!Maz x

Reactions: Bev
p.s. ASDA will very often upgrade a substitute at no extra cost to the customer.. I regularly save a few pounds due to this too...

I'm with you all the way on this one Maz...
I've tried the others in our area and been very disappointed... I'm a careful shopper and like to be sure that I'm getting the best deal... I also like a great many of the ASDA Extra Special range... there are some good products and although I love shopping in M and S... for food... I can save a fortune via ASDA and I take a close note of the weekly offers and shop accordingly...

Good luck Beth xxx

I occasionally use Tesco but found that if I ordered meat or fruit/veg, It didn`t last very long or wasn`t the best quality.

If I do order online, I still pop in for those bits x

I can agree with the shelf life of Tesco online items... I have tried it and not been satisfied too..

I'm finding that our ASDA store is excellent at picking items with the best dates and I've recently tried their Extra Special Range products... the meat was excellent quality... we have a pack of sirloin steaks each week for £6 and we prefer some of their items now to our local butcher... I tend to get a spare item when it's on offer and freeze it... I'm very happy with the service I'm getting (but would be the first to shout if I was unhappy).

Love and hugs xxx

I can agree with the shelf life of Tesco online items... I have tried it and not been satisfied too..

I'm finding that our ASDA store is excellent at picking items with the best dates and I've recently tried their Extra Special Range products... the meat was excellent quality... we have a pack of sirloin steaks each week for £6 and we prefer some of their items now to our local butcher... I tend to get a spare item when it's on offer and freeze it... I'm very happy with the service I'm getting (but would be the first to shout if I was unhappy).

Love and hugs xxx
I think I got an email the other day offering free del with Asda. Maybe I`ll give them a go :D

Does anyone know if they do a gluten/wheat free range?

Xx

I would be suprised if they dont, they seem to have a really good selection of stuff like that :D XX

Brills! Thanks! Will have to take a look online :D x

When you are filling in your details there is a box to add any other information... in mine it says.
'Please ensure EVERYTHING is picked with the best possible dates. Thank you'...

I'd be the first to say if it wasn't, but I'm delighted with the service and level of care that we get from our store.

Good luck... xxx

I always use ASDA for my online shopping i feel it better than goign to the store because it is really busy you get pushed about and late at night the yobs come out for there booze so i can;t go then i don;t drive and my dad works loads so online is perfect for me.

they've always came within the first hour of there time barket to me and the guys have always been nice i find the site easy to work and also once you;ve done a few shops with them they keep you shopping list so you won;t forget things next time around!

all around good service!

Back