• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On line supermarket shopping?

It's been a great help for me too with being unwell such a lot this year.

I've never had cause to complain and I am grateful for the good service and support that I get... in fact... that goes for most of the neighbours in the close where I live... they all use this service and we compare notes... the best store here by far and the best value, service and all round supermarket in our area.

xxx

I've never used Asda's online delivery service - but then I don't like Asda for my shopping anyway.

They delivered my daughters shopping 2 hours late last week without any explanation.

I've used Tesco's - and was not impressed with the dates or the quality of the meat or fruit and veg delivered. As the only driver I had to have these items.

The only service we use now is Sainsburys - lovely meat chosen and super fruit and veg. Dates always really good too.

We spend a lot on shopping so usually qualify for free delivery on a Thursday!!

xxx

I like a lot of the Sainsbury's products too Angela... but can't afford to shop in Sainsbury's as I would like to... although I do save myself a treat or two for the festivities from Sainsbury's...

It's a good store... I think it can also depend on which area you are living in... stores do vary I find...

But good to draw some ideas and comparisons...

Love and hugs xxx

must admit ive never actuallly used online shopping, it was just that i saw the watchdog thing. i might actually give it a go though, tesco is my nearest store, about a mile away, asda is over the manchester ship canal, nr the trafford centre, so its about 5 miles or so, not sur e if they d eliver here, might hava look and see, once i get home that is.

I go through my bills very carefully Dawn and so far so good... I have substitutes that are upgraded and nine times out of ten, I end up with a few extra pounds for an uncharged upgrade... I always keep bills and receipts... so in my three years of shopping online for food with ASDA, I haven't had anything as yet... I check everything including gas, electricity and telephones... I've caught the gas out a few times with mistakes... it's good to be vigilant with receipts....

Loving hugs Angel xxx

Dawn depends if the store has online facilities.my Sainsburys doesnt so it comes from further away!Try them they ask you to put your postcode in first to see if delivery is available.Maz x

am so glad bev, if i am successful at online ordering , i might jst make it a regular thing.
thanks maz, will have a go at that. isnt this forum just great for everything, not just wls.

Just wanted to say I've spent less in Sainsburys and M&S than I do sometimes in Morrisons.

And definitely less than Asda and Tescos.

I think it must depend on the offers and whats on your list.

Horses for courses!!

xxxx

You do well Angela. It is horses for courses for certain and I'm looking forward to the day when I can afford to do my family shop in M & S or Sainsburys... I have never managed a full family shop within my budget in all the years and I wish I could, I love to shop in both M & S or Sainsburys for a treat. If I have a spare few pounds I have headed for other places but I don't find that the essentials are within my price range for a family of five... but never say never.

Love and hugs xxx

We`re a family of 6 and I`ve noticed that food prices have REALLY shot up lately!

It doesn`t help that I also have to buy wheat/gluten free and the food is really expensive :(

Xx

Couldn't agree more... this last two years seems to have seen everything going so much more expensive... hard to keep pace... and it's costing a fortune to shop for a family... the price of eggs, toilet rolls, all basics has gone so high and we have a VAT increase on other items come the new year. Seems hard with wages either frozen or so many jobs being lost...

Love and hugs xxx

Asda all the way for us too, Ok our delivery the other day was 30/45 mins late, and last xmas they forgot my frozen stuff the day before xmas eve!!! they took a while to refund it, but i got it eventually xx

I don't mind a delivery delay it's difficult I always think with road issues and I'm always saying, leave us until last if your pressured... there are delays for so many reasons including people not being in when their delivery arrives... just had my ASDA delivery for the week and I'm well pleased.

I hope the Christmas week booking is soon available as they fill up so quickly don't they Em.

Love to you and yours. Keep smiling and have a good day precious xxx

I`ve definately noticed the basic essentials going sky high in price. It`s a scary time out there at the moment with all cutbacks etc. I might lose my job come April as this new government in all their wisdom are abolishing the PCTs :(

I think we`ll be either living on bread and water (although bread is one of the expensive items!) or eating out of bins :sigh: lol Xxx

I know what you are saying... my hubby's in a similar boat... I'm coasting my retirement, he wanted to stay until he was 65.

Don't bank on it... the cost of water is going up too! So it may have to be 'fresh air' unless they start to tax that too! xxx

Im watching for the xmas delivery dates daily!Id be devastated if I had to push my way through crowds and stand at the till for half an hour!Asda didnt have the basics chopped tomatoes I throw in spag bol,so substituted with expensive ones with basil!Plus I got my Baileys Lt for £9!

I've had an extra ten pounds of upgrades to today... it doesn't always work out, but every little helps... plus it's all lifted inside so I can't complain at all... I'm glad of this... let me know when you spot the Christmas delivery slots appearing please Maz xxx

Had a look at Ocado and must say a lot of prices matched Tesco and some were cheaper than Asda!Dog food was same and cat food was £2.50 for 6 Kitekat Asda £2.57!Dont get me wrong there were some expensive stuff but even delivery was from £1.49( late night del and shop of £75)

Thanks Maz... no Ocado over here... but good to hear about it... thanks love... Asda doing £3 delivery here in afternoons some days...

Plus a free voucher for delivery during November.

Thanks Maz xxx

Morning or should I say afternoon Bev!Didnt get up till late!Will deffo let you know as soon as I find out about deliveries.Posting your prezzie in the morning,should be with you soon.No peeping till the 25th Dec mind!

Back