• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On The Band Wagon!!!!!

Hi Caroline

A diary is a fanastic idea, good luck on your pre op and the rest of your journey xx

Oh great LOckerz.....who's your surgeon? Have you much to lose and have you started your pre op diet yet? PM me if you'd prefer, I would so love to hear from you x

I'm not sure how to Pm you lol! ... Surgeon is Dr Siggurdsson, I need to loose about 7 stone, yes I started my Pre op diet last Friday so it was too weeks before my op, iv been given the vlcd not the milk one because I'm allergic to dairy and you? Xx

I love close I only live Cannock so it's about 45mind away but I said id like to stay over for my own piece of mind, I know what I'm like I probably wouldn't sleep if I came home incase I felt unwell. I am so excited so, my weight gets me down do much and like you I have also tried every diet imaginable so I'm looking forward to a new start xx

caroline4013 said:
I'm going to do the milk diet! Are you local and going home on same day or stopping over? I live quite near so have opted to come home on Friday eve (at the moment) apparantly this means I should be operated on early in the day? I assume if I don't feel up to it then I can stay overnight......there is no discount on rate for leaving early so maybe I will stay over!

Hi Caroline I had the same surgeon in march and I live 5 mins away from Dolan park but decided to stay over...one because of having 2 littlest hobos and to be honest felt any time I could take on my own to recover would be a god send!! And yes I'm glad I did now!! Was so sleepy so just slept but if I was home that same evening I would've pottered round the house instead of resting !!! I was gonna come home but changed my mind when I came round!! Just see how u feel on the day...but there is no special treatment staying over just peace and quiet!! Good luck on your journey!! X

Hi all
I had Dr sigurdsson ,banded 3wks ago.
He is very good but I had a 10 ml band and he put 4 ml in straight away and I struggle for over a week to get used to it with lots of wind pain.I would defo stay over night cause you need to sleep and that's all you'll want to do.Good luck to both of you.

Hi Caroline

I wouldn't worry about spending money on cotton knickers, just use the paper ones they give you. They get all gunky anyway with the cleaning solution they use in the op and they're on for such a short time. You really won't care. I was a little embarrassed initially walking to theatre in my gown paper knickers and TED stockings but no one cares and by the time I got to theatre I didn't care either. Save your nice knickers to put on after you get up and get into your PJ's.

Also, take the opportunity to stay in overnight. You won't feel like going home, I was absolutely sparko until 1630hrs having had my op at 0990hrs. I live 3 1/2 hours away so it was never an option going home on the same day but it was lovely I had no children around and its so peaceful and quite not like a normal hospital just stay and recuperate and try to relax.

Kate

Hi Caroline, I had my band fitted two weeks ago come this saturday at Dolan park. Personally I bought a pack of 3 100% cotton pants from Evans and I am so glad I did as the paper pants they gave me would not have fitted my 11 year old neice and I was not wearing no knickers that is for sure lol :) @Kate perhaps they gave you a bigger size but mine were like a size 8! I could not have gotten them over 1 leg...
They do not let you swallow tablets after surgery. They make you take liquid paracetamol which was the vilest thing I have tasted in a long time. I had two sips and told the nurse I would rather be in pain thanks!
The pre op diet will go past really fast. I still cannot believe I am in my second week post op. Thankfully though I was not no the milk diet but a very restricted low calorie one.
I would definitely stay over night, the rooms and staff are great I had no problems at all. Good luck it will not be long before you are on the banners/loosers bench :)

Hi Caroline

I was like the previous lady and the paper pants that they gave me wouldnt go over my legs so I had taken a pair of cotton pants with my anyhows.

The nurse asked if I didn't mind them getting ruined and I said no and then she told me that the surgeons put iodine on your tummy which often gets on your pants too. Mine came back without a spot of iodine on them.

I would say take a dressing gown too as my gown wouldnt meet at the back....which is bad when it is a place what carries out weight loss surgery....it may have been that there were bigger gowns but the nurse never mentioned it so it maybe worth asking.

Defo take dressing gown u give it to the nurse and they take it back to your room.

Hi Caroline good luck with everything :) don't give up on the pre op remember it's for shrinking the liver and making sure they will do op safely, there have been people opened up and closed again because it's not been done xx take care

Back