• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ONE OF THESE GRATEFUL POSTS

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Morning Guys
I woke up this morning in one of those sentimental moods , maybe it's the time of year and all that it brings. I have so much to be grateful for that i sometimes have the cheek to moan! I have now managed to get out of a job where i was bullied and hurt on a daily basis, i have moved to my dream home ( well rented one lol) on the Isle of Lewis and i'm surrounded by my family members that mean the most to me. I have a fantastic new job and of course the icing on the cake is here i sit 9.5 stone down from my surgery in my unbelievable skinny size 10/12. There are so many of us on here who say wls has changed our lives, well for you guys starting out TRUST ME WE MEAN IT! It is not only for me about the weight loss, this has made me reflect in so many ways about my life in general. I honestly don't think i would have had the confidence to give up a highly paid job and move lock, stock and barral to the Isle of Lewis to take a job with half the salary but double the happiness. Family life if i'm honest was in a rut, not any more if anything it has brought hubby and I closer together despite his worrries. I love going out now and getting compliments from other men(as i said on another post) not because i would do anything with them but because for the first time in my life I am not only the "fat" wife mother and Granny I am an attractive woman in her own right!
This time of year makes me think ( as it does for all of us) about loved ones we have lost, i'm sure my Dad would be proud of me if he was still here and everyone of us will be raising a glass to our lost loved ones as thy watch over us with pride. I have so much to be grateful for and when i moan i will stop to think just how lucky I am. So for all of you waiting for this life changing surgery please remember the losing weight is only the very start of an amazing life changing experience and the lovely virtual and not so virtual friends i have met on here are such a support and will testify to the difference it has made to them. Good luck and Huge hugs to everyone xxxx

Last edited:
What a fantastic, inspirational post !!! Thanks for that, you made me recognise my own wonderful changes since my op Xx

Fantastic Allie, I'm over the moon for you, a huge decision but clearly the right one for you and your family.

Delighted and I can't wait for my trip to the Isle of Lewis... I'm going to bottle some of your enthusiasm.

Love and hugs you deserve this xxx

What a lovely post. xxxx

Awww bless you! What a lovely read on a icy Sunday morning.
Im more or less where you were at the beginning of your wl journey and its not a very nice place.
If i can only achieve half of what you have done and become i will be so happy.
You look amazing..............roll on 2011.............iv waited a life time for this opportunity and want it NOW........thank you xxxx

Allie - A lovely inspirational post!

So glad that YOU have made the changes to improve your life, and move it from one of upset an unhappiness to............. such a terrific life that that you really deserve.

Your happiness and contentment jumps off the screen at me and makes me realise that I still have a lot to look forward to.

Best wishes and take care hun x

Love and hugs Kat xx

Allie... you really are a 'foundation stone' of the forum and encourage and give genuine support to those in need... to follow your story and the way in which you have turned your life around is truly sensational and inspiring.

It's a testimony to the benefits of weightloss surgery and being enabled to help yourself and others... you are a fantastic role model and I love reading your posts.

Thank you so much again for everything and all that you do xxx

What a lovely warm post to read on a freezing Sunday morning! You have achieved so much and not just in your weightloss, your life is so improved in every way. We should all try and think of what we have and not what we dont have when we start to moan.
Thanks for sharing your hapiness with us Allie McAnally :D I will be thinking of you in your little Island paradise over christmas :D XX

Thank you for your lovely replies Guys. My post looks like its achieving what it set out to do particularily for you lovely pre oppers. I always expected this journey to be just about losing weight how wrong was I it's so much more. If i have made some of you smile and look forward to what is ahead then i'm happy. I have some lovely friends on here some i have met some i've still to meet but without that support along the way i wouldn't be posting such a "grateful post". Some of us may disagree from time to time that's human nature with so many different personalities. Just remember we have one major thing in common and we should never forget how much we are/have been judged by people who are "ignorant" of our feelings and experiences and where possible lets try and stick together. Big hugs xx

Bless you Allie, what a beautiful post. I'm so happy that you have found such a deep contentment with life. It shines through your words every time you post.
I too shall be hoping to make a little trip to Lewis in the summer in the hopes of meeting you in the flesh!
Grace xxx

What a lovely thread, thank you for posting it. It's inspiring to read your journey.

How do you find Island life? I lived on the Isle of Arran for almost a year, I loved it and was settling in nicely, but my hubby found it too restrictive so we ended up leaving, however it worked out for the best as I am very happy here in Clackmannanshire. xx

Just what I needed Allie,you have achieved what you set out to do.Help me on my journey.I have even started doubting needing this surgery!After all I have been through!Im back on track and looking forward to next year.Maz x

Allie my good good friend just logged on n saw ur thread and all i can say to u hun is " ur such a special fab girl and u deserve all the happiness in the world and i am sooooo pleased that u finally r happy and contented"
We have been friends now for a year since u befriended me :D:D:D:D:D u have been by my side from the start of my journey,supporting me and being there for me 100% and for that i cant thank u enough.
The times i have called u in tears for what ever reason and u always manage to calm me down and reassure me things are going to be ok.
It upset me so many times when we spoke on the phone and u told me time and time again u have been assaulted at work and the ar*e holes did nothing about it, and when u told me u had applied and got the job on lewis i was so happy for u and wen we spoke a couple of days ago i could hear in ur voice how happy and contented u r and i am soooooooooo pleased for u.

You look amazing and have done so well in such a short time ur life has changed so much the world is your oyster and i know 2011 is going to be an amazing year for you and ur family.
Take care hun and i am sure we will talk by the end of the week :D:D:D:D:D love Roch xxxx

What a great post.so pleased its all worked out for you.
Im stuck in 2 jobs i hate, working such long hours for little money but to scared to go for other jobs because im so big, so im hoping when i loose the weight that i can make life changing moves to. I so stuck in a rut and unhappy, i cant wait for the surgery so i can start my new life.
This site has helped me so much.

Rolled on surgery day x

Nice post Allie and i'm so glad you are enjoying life up in lovely Lewis.
You were a big help to me when I was thinking of going for the op and meeting you and hearing your story gave me that last wee push I needed and I won't forget that.
Hope this is a great Christmas and Hogmanay for you in your new home and looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to Glasgow.
Take care, Anne x

Brought a tear to my eye!!
So pleased for Hun Hun have a merry Christmas and many more to come xxx

Reactions: Bev
What a wonderful thread Allie im not great with words but can reflect and agree with everything u've said. You deserve all your success and happiness you are truly one of life's diamonds xxx

Back