• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello one more newbie

gman

ive been overweight for all of my adult life i was very active as a child so i think that kept my weight down ive always loved most sports and played football and rugby up until 23 then since that ive tried every diet going and the same as most people here never managed to keep going.about 8 years ago i started a new job as a taxi driver and my weight just kept going up in five years i put on 8 stones.i then got myself a personal trainer and managed to lose half of that in 6 months due to cost and new job was unable to keep it up and it just went back on again.i have now booked in to see about gastric bypass and change my life forever

Hi Gman and welcome to MM and the wls crew :)
Dont worry we dont bite lol. What part of the country are ya from as we are dotted around everywhere and there is a good chance there are some peeps from ur sides who can tell ya a bit more of how things work in the pct u r under.
Take care and look forward to reading bout ur journey, luv Roch xx

Hi Gman, welcome to a great site! I haven't had my bypass yet so can't tell you what it's like but others will no doubt be along soon with loads of brilliant advice.

Good luck with your weightloss journey,
Cuppacocoa xx :cross:

hi gman
welcome to the gang your.ll get plenty of advice and support here boy any questions just fire away this is a library for all things weight loss surgery all the best for you journey
regards steve

thanks everyody for making me feel so welcome this is the biggest change to my life since my two carpet monkeys were born and that was 14 and 10 years ago so im going to need all the help i can get

Hi and welcome to Minis.You'll love all the help, laughs and support on here:D:D

Hi gman, welcome to Mini's. It is nice to have another bloke on the site. Not that I'm complaining of course ladies...:flirt2:

Welcome to minis Gman the more the merrier you will get all the help and support you need here
I am still pre op but there are lots of great blogs you can read from those who are already on the losing side
Good luck
Jay xx

hello and welcome to minis goodluck with your wls journey i hope it goes nice and smooth for you,any questions just shout we'll be happy to help x x

thanks to everyone for the warm welcome i met with dr stuart at ross hall hospital 10 days ago with the intention of getting a band as have not even considered a bypass but after going over the pros and cons i think the bypass is for me.He wants me to lose 2 1/2 stone first so met with dietician last week and very confident that it is possible so hopefully can get bypass before christmas.I meet up with dr stuart again end of october so fingers crossed i can keep up the exercise and diet

Hi GMAN, Welcome to minis :) I myself have a big big weight loss to achieve and started slimming world weighing over 400lb's myself, like yourself i'm also a taxi driver and have put on 7 stone in 5 years of doing the job, you have come to the right place here and made the first step to a new you and new life :) Good Luck

Dan :)

Welcome to Minis. Everyone here is so helpful.

Rebirth

Welcome to Minis you can do it. Everyone here is supportive and will usually have the answer to any question.

ps, well done Danny on your fantastic loss x

Back