• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats the worst thing anyone ever said to you about your weight?

Actually that's not entirely true. I saw a young man and I felt really bad for him. He was incredibly thin and looked quite ill and a couple of men started saying how disgusting he was and that they felt sick looking at him. But I think the threshold of what is 'too skinny' is completely warped.

chrisa said:
I have a feeling he will have had a chat with someone else fromschool who saw what he wrote and they have had a word with him to. He has sent me 2 messages now i told him about this site and that today people had talking about this subject and being agay guy he can equate with having lots of people poking fun wispering and saying horrible things to him. He just hadn't connected the 2 until i told him that we were risking our lives to under go operations to improve our health not just to fit into society and how they think we should look. xx sorted him out and beleive me others will ahve seen what he wrote someone is ure to ask me when we go back to school. xx

Glad you educated him. It may make him think twice in the future xxx

I find it's not so much what people say, it's the looks that people give you.

You children are the worst with lots of pointing and sniggering.

In the last two years I've suffererd from a lymphoedema in my abdomen so I have a huge lump in a very awkward place. The people looking at my crutch got so bad that I now only ever go out when I have to.

same here as i have had lymphodema in my legs, and heard things like the size of her o.m.g look at her legs there even bigger and look at her feet they are black, which my feet are because of my conditions i now were my stockings all the time.:sigh::cry:

I have arthritis and walk with a crutch as one of my knees gives way and I fall over without the crutch. It really annoys me when people assume that I have damaged my knee because of my size. I have often let rip at people who sneer about it and asked them to explain how being fat has given me arthritis in my back, neck and shoulder too.

wow!

ive read this whole thread DYING to tell my stories to you all....but before i do, i want to say that once we have been through surgery and are once again 'accepted' into the 'norm' we will never become one of these people...never be derogatory or spiteful.....we will have been through the think AND thin of it all......bollox to all the haters!!!!

ive not been abused in the street and to be fair, im too sarcastic and witty to allow it to get to the point where they win ;) but i have heard....

'you wouldn't be you if you weren't big!'
'you don't worry about your weight do you?'
'blimey' you dont get many of them to the lb' (my mahoosive boobies!)

after losing 3 stone....'jeez, dont get wasting away!' (erm from 22 stone....dont think i made a dent mate!)
Hubby (love him) c'mon, youve GOT to eat (after a busy day and all i want is wine) me'im not likely to waste away now am i?

I have ALL the fat jokes under my belt, when i first met OH i was the queen of fat jokes...to stop people saying it to me i would say it before they did....

he hated that part of me and it took a while but i had stopped doing it.....since this journey it has all started again and i do notice my work colleagues getting embarrassed when i make a joke so im trying very hard to stop it...

i make an effort. hair, makeup, clothes....i AM pretty (even admitted by me lol) but i wish my body would catch up with my face lol....and thats my one defence....

if ANYONE said ANY of the above comments that you have all mentioned....id probably use my fat ass to knock em into next week! lmao

xxx

one time not long ago i was walking say 20 feet from mine to my friends car its a bit up a hill, there is a pub over the road and there were about 5 men out side smokeing and i clearly heard one saying look at the state of that, i carnt walk very far and i limp also, i got in my friends car and was fuming i said just pull up over the road by this pub for a minute my friend not knowing whats going on, i walked in to the pub seeing red and looked round for the d...k head who had made the comment went right up to him and said here i am say it to my face and befor he or i knew it i had slapped him in the face and picked his pint up and poured that over his head, i then said that will teach you how dare you shout after me in the street like that you dont even know me, i walked out the pub got in the car and just burst out crying and shaking i was so angry.when i told my friend she just burst out laughing and could not belive what i had just done neither could i really but i have had to many people ridicule and shout after me i think he got it for all them other horrible people.

they have the cheek to point and stare why dont they have the bottle to ask what the problem is without surmising !!!!

you know what kids are like.....say it how it is...

ive ALWAYS taught my children that if they dont understand why someone looks like they do then to ask politely...

ie, a man at the park with one arm...5 years old and dying to ask....we went up to the man and he asked why didnt he have an arm, the man (bless him) went on to tell him about an accident he had had at work and that it had to be take off to avoid infection, this pleased my 5 yr old and he didnt ask any further questions.... the man, as i walked away, said 'i normally tell them about the shark attack with all the blood and guts story but your son asked so nicely, i wanted to tell the truth, thankyou for teaching him the right way'

made me blush that did! x

I think that this thread has brought out a lot of those awful memories we have kept hidden away inside that have hurt us and been instrumental in the way we eat, feel and are sometimes feel intimidated by people. Tomorrow is a new day and we have cast off the old and shared it with good friends today who understand and care. Tomorrow we should all make a vow to try and move on and leave the memoies of hurt and shame behind in a box we never have to go back to again our new lives are ahead in view, and we must march on with positivity and friendship as our armour against the nastier side of ignorant people. Good night all and God bless you all. xx

I always get the fat jokes in first too. It's a very bad habit. I need to curb it too. It's always aimed at myself. Never anyone else. So I tell myself it's ok. It's not x

lyndajoan said:
one time not long ago i was walking say 20 feet from mine to my friends car its a bit up a hill, there is a pub over the road and there were about 5 men out side smokeing and i clearly heard one saying look at the state of that, i carnt walk very far and i limp also, i got in my friends car and was fuming i said just pull up over the road by this pub for a minute my friend not knowing whats going on, i walked in to the pub seeing red and looked round for the d...k head who had made the comment went right up to him and said here i am say it to my face and befor he or i knew it i had slapped him in the face and picked his pint up and poured that over his head, i then said that will teach you how dare you shout after me in the street like that you dont even know me, i walked out the pub got in the car and just burst out crying and shaking i was so angry.when i told my friend she just burst out laughing and could not belive what i had just done neither could i really but i have had to many people ridicule and shout after me i think he got it for all them other horrible people.

That was brave!!! I would never have had the balls to do that!

why are people so ignorant.

:cry:i now get off my sisters oh are you like kate moss yet, and the day i came home after my surgery i called into my mums and my sister said oh you not thin yet then i replyed i have not been operated on by a magicians, i carnt get it through to them this is not an easy option, i really do think the media have alot to answer for on this gastric surgery.

:cry:i now get off my sisters oh are you like kate moss yet, and the day i came home after my surgery i called into my mums and my sister said oh you not thin yet then i replyed i have not been operated on by a magicians, i carnt get it through to them this is not an easy option, i really do think the media have alot to answer for on this gastric surgery.
You could always say, no, but hey, neither are you. Sucks, right?

i know fuffs i just dont know what come over me, i was like a mad woman with tunnel vision with that man who said that at the end of it, i am not violent and i dont like to harm even a spider i hate when my flowers are dying and try and give them a little longer, but i was so fed up with my health and weight and being in pain i think he just said the wrong thing at the wrong time as normaly i just hear the hurtfull comments keep them hidden and go home and cry, but not this time.

yes yves i think i will say that next time, cos no dobut when i see her next she will say the same thing. xxx

Last edited:
I was asked by a kindly older lady when my baby was due and I wasn't pregnant but was so embarrassed I said May.

When I was still in America they have a system for prisoners where they get out of jail during the day to do city work (ie painting curbs, picking up litter, posting new signs etcetc) I went down to my local shop and as I came out two men were sitting on the step (prisoners on work release) and one said ugly the other said and fat two strikes already...I was so hurt and angry I got in my car and thought about it looked up and saw their armed guard and it came to me clearly...rolled down my window and said hey!! when they looked up at me I said I may be ugly and I may be fat but when I drive away a guard won't shoot at me why don't one of you start running and see if he'll shoot at you?? rolled up my window and drove away. I looked in my rear view mirror in time to see the shock on their faces oh and the middle finger which says I won LOL!!

a good post.

:sigh:
I think that this thread has brought out a lot of those awful memories we have kept hidden away inside that have hurt us and been instrumental in the way we eat, feel and are sometimes feel intimidated by people. Tomorrow is a new day and we have cast off the old and shared it with good friends today who understand and care. Tomorrow we should all make a vow to try and move on and leave the memoies of hurt and shame behind in a box we never have to go back to again our new lives are ahead in view, and we must march on with positivity and friendship as our armour against the nastier side of ignorant people. Good night all and God bless you all. xx

i totally agree this post has brought up a lot of old memories of nasty comments that hurt deep.:sigh:

Omg what nasty people there are out there . I think I have been very lucky as I have only had one nasty woman abuse me . I was not over weight until after I had my third child .
The woman that was nasty to me lived in the next road and made it her business to shout nasty remarks to her neighbours and this included a friend of mine who was over weight. I told her to keep her mouth shut unless she had something nice to say , she then said she was only joking to which I said she wasn't funny. At the time I was about 3 -4 stone over weight myself . The woman went very red and rushed back indoors however when she saw me in the local Asda she would shout out " you fat cow ain't you eaten enough" I was always a fair way from her or she would shout from her car . This went on for 4 years until she paint striped my new car . That day was the day I had had enough . She would not open her front door to me but about an hour later she came to my house with a very large chap who I think she had told to sort me out. What she didnt tell him was my son had moved back with me ( he is a boxer and takes no prisoners!) she hit me once on the head and I went mad . she looked a very sorry state by the time I had finished with her and the chap she brought along ran a mile ! My son didn't have to lift a finger !
from that day to this I don't hear a peep from her . I know violence isn't to answer but it did do the trick ! I was taken in by the police and have to be good for 5 years but that's a small price to pay!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

We turned up at my partners sisters house for dinner today and her six year old came outgo greet us and told us "mummy always calls you Fatz and smalls when you arrive". I didn't want to go in, but I plastered on a smile and did. It hurts and embarrasses me

Lisav said:
We turned up at my partners sisters house for dinner today and her six year old came outgo greet us and told us "mummy always calls you Fatz and smalls when you arrive". I didn't want to go in, but I plastered on a smile and did. It hurts and embarrasses me

That's terrible (((hugs))) I would have felt the same xxx

Years ago (approx 2003) I weighed 17st 2 although I didn't know at that stage as I hadn't weighed myself for at least ten years. I was walking in the supermarket and a small boy riding in another trolley called out to his mum "Mummy look at that fat lady!"

I was humiliated but it still didn't make me do anything about it.

Back