• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats the worst thing anyone ever said to you about your weight?

Yvessa said:
I think the answer is fairly simple. We need people in authority to respect all people. As adults we model appropriate behaviour for our children, not just ours but all children. If a child sees other adults being nasty about someone heavy/someone different etc, then they will do it. If however a child is taught that it is hurtful and unacceptable they won't. I honestly believe its that simple. And too many people have horrid attitudes or are just horrid people.

My 9 year old son won't even call morbidly obese people fat. He says they are chubby. He doesn't like to offend people. I feel I have done something right :) and of course he calls them chubby to me. Not talking to them :)

It technically is. As it is a medical condition, it comes under the disability act. Doesn't stop people when its a government engineered mindset.

My daughter asked me when she was about 5 why I was fat. I told her then that what she had said was hurtful and that if she had said that to someone else they would have been really upset. I explained to her that I didn't always eat the right things, but that I tried my best and she has never made nasty comments about anyone else. I would like to think that she just sees everyone as people.

Yvessa said:
My daughter asked me when she was about 5 why I was fat. I told her then that what she had said was hurtful and that if she had said that to someone else they would have been really upset. I explained to her that I didn't always eat the right things, but that I tried my best and she has never made nasty comments about anyone else. I would like to think that she just sees everyone as people.

Always good to explain. So many parents get upset and don't explain. Just leaves the poor mites confuzzled x

Yvessa said:
It technically is. As it is a medical condition, it comes under the disability act. Doesn't stop people when its a government engineered mindset.

That is so true!!! And all the headlines about how much the obesity epidemic is costing the NHS. Though like smokers and drinkers, obese people also can add to the government finances in many ways. So annoying!!!

I have always been this way with her. I believe so strongly in truth and showing children how to deal with situations. They will have to deal with them themselves when they are older and you can't always be there for them. So I think the best thing to do is to show her how I handle it.

My parents were very closed off to me. They loved me and were affectionate, but they tried to shelter me from everything. And I hated it. I left home at 18 and made some choices that, while I don't necessarily regret, put me in debt. I never want her to go through that, but I know that I can't make her do things, especially as she gets older.

All I can do is teach her what I've learned and try to show her that you can manage difficult situations with grace and a clear head.

Ha! Its funny how they never showcase those of us who work hard, earn our pay, pay our taxes, do all the right things, but just are fat. Its always the ones on the dole etc. Makes me hopping mad.

But I feel equally mad with the people who give them this fuel.

You can rest a pint of beer on that arse was once said to me and I now despise being described as "bubbly"

My mother let me know and see everything about life. But tried to protect me from it at the same time. I actually thank her for it. I have done some crazy things in my life. But I am proud. As its all made me who I am now :D

Lisav said:
You can rest a pint of beer on that arse was once said to me and I now despise being described as "bubbly"

Some people are so rude. And I hate bubbly! Lol

That is shocking Chrisa. Is it any wonder that kids walk around being nasty when its condoned by the older generations?
The problem is this guy fosters little ones and is only in his 20's with an attitude like that, just wait till i see him next week at work, but he is quite a dangerous person to know as he has cried homaphobic bullying before but obviously doesn't see this as the same!! Strange one to have in a school but he is a social climber but very opinionated i am still cross at his comments. xx Never met his partner, God help him. xx

Yvessa said:
My mum told me that no matter how much makeup I put on it wouldn't make me pretty. Think I was 12 :))

Blimey that's a sad thing to read. My mum told me I wouldn't need make up as I was pretty already! I distinctly remember her saying that when I first wanted to experiment with make up.

You all deserve big hugs for what you have been through. Even at my biggest I haven't suffered a lot of abuse, just a handful of times in 20 years (at least that I'm aware of) and my relatives have never been mean to my face at least.

Some people on here have had a terrible time growing up i have had my moments but feel i am very lucky to have had happen to me what has in relation to some of the horrible stories i have read on this thread today my heart goes out to each and every one of you who is suffering or who has suffered at the hands of selfish opionated people. It disgusts me and makes me very angry and sad. God Bless you all and me too, we have a lot to put up with in this short time we are here on this Earth it is time to stand up and be counted, this is where our sister hood comes in, strength and unity. Together we,ll fight it. xx Thank You all xx

I am completely shocked by some of the things that you have all been through. I've not experienced anything as horrid. For me it's the looks and glances. Maybe I'm imagining some of it. I think it's me that gives me the hardest time. I always feel shocked with photos as I look fatter than I feel, yet at the same time I hate all my wobbly bits.

I am active in the channel swimming world surrounded by slim, fit people bleating about how hard it is to gain wait for their swims. I feel so out of place in that to swim at my best I need to lose weight. In fact there are lots of things that I could talk about in terms of being overweight and swimming, but I digress........

The most destructive comment was from my ex husband when we just starting going out. I was 17 at the time and probably a size 12 and I had fought all my teenage years to get there. I was heavily into sport and was very fit. I was still battling huge self image issues though and still felt fat. He was a lifeguard, surrounded by skinny girls, and told me I could do with losing a few pounds. I really have no idea why I married him!! I think that was down to low self esteem too, I never really loved him. It took me 21 years to feel strong enough about myself to divorce him (best thing I ever did!!). That comment stayed with me ever since and I've often wondered if my weight gain was partly a stubborn response to that, and partly to make me unattractive so that I wouldn't stray when married.

He never said it again and does know how much that comment affected me.

I'm now with someone with whom it's clear loves me for me regardless of how I look, what size etc. which means I'm free to do this for me - who better afterall.

I was always fightIng at school because I was a size 16 all the way through, the guys saw me as a challenge and I was 'who you needed to beat up' to get in a gang. I was strong and pretty much always won, which is when group bullying happened. I spent a lot of my days locked In the music room playing piano because I controlled that environment.

MY wokmate with the derogatory comments on fb about fat people has deleted the comment and apologised to me privately. xx should think so to admitted that he speaks before he thinks xx

MY wokmate with the derogatory comments on fb about fat people has deleted the comment and apologised to me privately. xx should think so to admitted that he speaks before he thinks xx

I'd also want whoever this person was to grovel publicly too lol x

Last edited:
I'd also want whioever this person was to grovel publicly too lol x

I have a feeling he will have had a chat with someone else fromschool who saw what he wrote and they have had a word with him to. He has sent me 2 messages now i told him about this site and that today people had talking about this subject and being agay guy he can equate with having lots of people poking fun wispering and saying horrible things to him. He just hadn't connected the 2 until i told him that we were risking our lives to under go operations to improve our health not just to fit into society and how they think we should look. xx sorted him out and beleive me others will ahve seen what he wrote someone is ure to ask me when we go back to school. xx

Things are very strange at present. Not sure what the answer is tbh :(
if you under eat, you have an eating disorder and need help. If you over eat, you are a greedy, fat, lazy pig!

Back