• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats the worst thing anyone ever said to you about your weight?

Ruthiep said:
Years ago (approx 2003) I weighed 17st 2 although I didn't know at that stage as I hadn't weighed myself for at least ten years. I was walking in the supermarket and a small boy riding in another trolley called out to his mum "Mummy look at that fat lady!"

I was humiliated but it still didn't make me do anything about it.

Would have made most of us be more determined to buy cheesecake in our previous mindset.

As a overweight teenager my step dad would always comment on what I was eating (even if it was fruit) and call my a ganite etc. I didn't speak to him for about 10 years but my step sister would always tell me that when they was driving down the road he would shout stuff at people like 'why don't u have another mars bar fatty' etc so a couple of years ago I saw him and he said something like 'oh having children has made u even fatter' so in a very calm and controlled way I said 'yeah it has but hey at least I have 2 beautiful children, a husband that loves me, a well paid job and a great life and if I choose to lose weight then I can but u'll always be a nasty lonely man with a vile attitude so excuse me because I can hear the mars bar calling me!' lol
My step sister says his still againt fat people but he won't say a thing about me any more!

I've also had men say things like ' oh u'll burn ur bum on the light bulb if u got on top of her' I'd comeback with something like erm who said u'll be on top?

I've always been very active with my kids and my daughter (9) said a girl in her class said something about my weight so i just explained yes mummy is fat but it doesn't stop us from living our lives, we're happy and the little girl is silly because everyone is different and then told her that if anyone took them Micky again just say to them 'yeah so what, you've got different colour hair/eyes from me but I'm not saying anything about that'. The next time the girl said something my daughter repeated what I told her and the girl just looked at her confussed so my little star said 'it doesn't matter what anyone looks like and I love my mum whatever she looks like!'

same here as i have had lymphodema in my legs, and heard things like the size of her o.m.g look at her legs there even bigger and look at her feet they are black, which my feet are because of my conditions i now were my stockings all the time.:sigh::cry:

I feel for you, My SO has had Genetic Lymphoedema since birth and has to wear both stockings and "Toe Gloves".

my sibling (i am the youngest of 6) would always poke fun at me and my nickname was slim i just got used to it and it wasnt till i was a bit older i realised they ment the opposite.

Back