• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One week post op confusion

Zldlastsupper

Hi all!

This is my first time posting. I had a gastric sleeve surgery on Tuesday 6 of August 2019 in Belgium by dr Chris Debruyne. I was discharged on Thursday 8 of August and traveled back to London on Friday 9 of August.

On my way home I couldn’t help but think what an awful decision I made because of how low and ill/nauseas I felt. I couldn’t even have 2 sips of water with not feeling full. I just felt so low and kept thinking is this my life now, safe to say after I had a nap when I got home, Id had a crying breakdown. It doesn’t help that the next day I got my period and was in so much pain. VERY TMI but I had the WORST explosive diarrhea in the toilet that day and after it I was just doubled over in pain. I was given 500g dissolvable paracetamol that I simply could not handle because 1) the taste 2) the liquid- I just couldn’t stomach that much water. I had one sip and decided I’m going to just lay in bed with a hot water bottle all day. All day every time I had to get up id felt so faint and I seem to be having this constant headache behind my right eye that is almost more painful than my period pain. By the end of the day I’d had another crying breakdown.

Has anyone else experienced this or is there something wrong with me?

Ending this on a happy note I’ve managed to lose 9kg in 2 weeks (wk1 pre op wk2 surgery) 🎉🎉🎉

Parsnip

Sounds like you may be a little dehydrated. What colour is you wee?

Sarnie

Hi all!

This is my first time posting. I had a gastric sleeve surgery on Tuesday 6 of August 2019 in Belgium by dr Chris Debruyne. I was discharged on Thursday 8 of August and traveled back to London on Friday 9 of August.

On my way home I couldn’t help but think what an awful decision I made because of how low and ill/nauseas I felt. I couldn’t even have 2 sips of water with not feeling full. I just felt so low and kept thinking is this my life now, safe to say after I had a nap when I got home, Id had a crying breakdown. It doesn’t help that the next day I got my period and was in so much pain. VERY TMI but I had the WORST explosive diarrhea in the toilet that day and after it I was just doubled over in pain. I was given 500g dissolvable paracetamol that I simply could not handle because 1) the taste 2) the liquid- I just couldn’t stomach that much water. I had one sip and decided I’m going to just lay in bed with a hot water bottle all day. All day every time I had to get up id felt so faint and I seem to be having this constant headache behind my right eye that is almost more painful than my period pain. By the end of the day I’d had another crying breakdown.

Ending this on a happy note I’ve managed to lose 9kg in 2 weeks (wk1 pre op wk2 surgery) 🎉🎉🎉
Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. If you are not getting nutrition and fluids in you you will feel faint and probably have headaches. The first days can be rough, but you need to make sure you are on top of your nutrition and more importantly at this stage fluids. Dehydration can put you back in hospital hun x

Bling Babe

I can only agree with the others, I hope you soon feel stronger xx

WGS

Hi Z,
I’m 5 weeks post bypass and I had the “what the hell have I done” thought.
It does get better and you will feel normal again but it is So Important to sip sip sip water and nutritional shakes as much as you can during this time.
Hydration to keep you well and protein in the shakes to give you energy and help you heal.
Do you have someone from your medical team you can call for advice and reassurance?
Good luck x

Queenykjp

Hi all!

This was me... I feel mega ill that time of the month anyway so it was a double whammy! I slept a lot and sipped on protein shakes constantly while I was awake, take calpol if you can, i was prescribed it for pain, and kept it topped up every 4 hours of you can, I think everyone thinks “what the hell have I done” it’s natural we’ve been through the mill x