• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only 7 days to go :)))

cat1972

Just finished day 7 of pre op diet and 7lb down, not found it too difficult except day 3, tears and tantrums!! Decided to keep a bit of a diary, as reading all your posts has really helped me, and and answered a lot of the niggling questions that have been eating away since getting op date. If I can reassure just one person il be happy.
Bypass 30th Oct, got to be at Derby for 10am. I'm booked on the afternoon and evening surgery list with Mr Ahmed. Still really nervous though and have lots of what if's moments.
My daughter has told me I have to take her to Alton Towers next year as she wants to go to the scare fest. Won't be able to use my weight anymore as an excuse for not going on the rides, ha ha this will be when she finds out that I'm terrified of roller coasters.
Anyway off to bed as full day at work ahead of me. Night peeps xx

Aww good luck for your surgery, not long to wait now :)
You never know, you might find a new found love of rollercoasters!!!

Aww good luck for your surgery, not long to wait now :) You never know, you might find a new found love of rollercoasters!!!
Thanks Suzie, and no its coming round really quick now.. Just coming to the end of day 9.

Don't think il become a lover of rollercoasters though! I'd need a lobotomy not a bypass :))

Good luck and I'll be keeping an eye on your updates-I'm having my by-pass in January!

Andie your op date will be here before you know it.. Am getting nervous now.

I'm coming to end of day 9 and so far have found it a lot easier than I thought I would.. X

I've done 9 days of pre op diet slim fast, it's getting easier now I'm used to it but really struggled for first few days, 6 days left and then bypass next Thursday, my emotions are so mixed up they range from excited, elated to petrified and wondering if I'm doing the right thing! I know I am and can't wait for my journey to really begin but am mourning the loss of food, and the thought that I'll never be able to "pig out" again!

I've done 9 days of pre op diet slim fast, it's getting easier now I'm used to it but really struggled for first few days, 6 days left and then bypass next Thursday, my emotions are so mixed up they range from excited, elated to petrified and wondering if I'm doing the right thing! I know I am and can't wait for my journey to really begin but am mourning the loss of food, and the thought that I'll never be able to "pig out" again!

It was good to read this as I've been feeling exactly the same, wondering if I'm doing the right thing. My op is Wednesday and the closer it's getting the more frightened I'm getting. I had a band in 2007 and before that I didn't feel scared or emotional, I think its because there is no going back after Wednesday. I know I'm doing the right thing, and once it's all over I know il be glad I did it. Its good to know that these are normal thoughts and feelings xx

Well its day 11 today of pre op and although I am not struggling with the diet, I am getting bored with it. Doesn't help that I weighed myself this morning and my weight is the same as it was 3 days ago..This is why I have struggled with diets in the past, you get elated when you have a loss and it encourages you to carry on, but then you try really hard, hit a stall and then give up!
I have my pre op assessment Monday and I'm hoping it all goes ok.. Normally when I'm worried about appointments my BP goes through the roof and I know it will on Monday. Just hoping they realise that and still allow my op to go ahead on Wednesday.

I was panicky over my bp, as it was pretty much the only thing entirely out of my control. I told the nurse who came to do the pre-op tests, and he just laughed. This is bariatric surgery, most of their patients are very overweight and most have high bp. As long as it's not life-threateningly high they are used to it and can deal with it.

I was panicky over my bp, as it was pretty much the only thing entirely out of my control. I told the nurse who came to do the pre-op tests, and he just laughed. This is bariatric surgery, most of their patients are very overweight and most have high bp. As long as it's not life-threateningly high they are used to it and can deal with it.

Thanks Sarah, that's reassuring :)

My BP is usually a little on the high side but when I go for hospital visits it goes straight through the roof.
Think because its getting so close I'd be gutted if my op was to get cancelled, although my emotions are all over the place, I want this more than I have ever wanted anything in my life.. This op is going to hopefully change my life and give me a better quality life with my family xx

Just finished day 7 of pre op diet and 7lb down, not found it too difficult except day 3, tears and tantrums!! Decided to keep a bit of a diary, as reading all your posts has really helped me, and and answered a lot of the niggling questions that have been eating away since getting op date. If I can reassure just one person il be happy. Bypass 30th Oct, got to be at Derby for 10am. I'm booked on the afternoon and evening surgery list with Mr Ahmed. Still really nervous though and have lots of what if's moments. My daughter has told me I have to take her to Alton Towers next year as she wants to go to the scare fest. Won't be able to use my weight anymore as an excuse for not going on the rides, ha ha this will be when she finds out that I'm terrified of roller coasters. Anyway off to bed as full day at work ahead of me. Night peeps xx
Hi Cat, good luck with everything.. I am at derby too was listed May so shouldn't be too far behind you... My kids also want me at the scarefest but I cannot wait haha... We had annual passes last year and we went to Alton towers a lot. So hopefully I won't have to stand around or try and find a rock to sit on all day and actually have some fun ? I was a adrenaline junkie before I was a food junkie. Not long now for you can't wait to hear of your progress, let me know how Dr Ahmed was he is my surgeon too xx

Thanks Badgerpink.

Looks like next year we will both be at Scarefest, you on the rollercoasters and me on the teacups.. Ha ha
NONE of us will be sat on a bench or rock waiting around for family to come off rides :)

You shouldn't have much longer to wait now, last time I was there I was told they have a new surgeon and waiting times have been reduced.

I'll let you know how I get on with Mr Ahmed, only heard good things about him xx

Rise in BP when you are at appointments is called white coat syndrome... it might be worth mentioning that during your appointment so that they can take it into consideration

Thanks Badgerpink. Looks like next year we will both be at Scarefest, you on the rollercoasters and me on the teacups.. Ha ha NONE of us will be sat on a bench or rock waiting around for family to come off rides :) You shouldn't have much longer to wait now, last time I was there I was told they have a new surgeon and waiting times have been reduced. I'll let you know how I get on with Mr Ahmed, only heard good things about him xx
I have noticed thing seem to be speeding up I was only there on the 8th of October and she said I was looking at early next year and I could have a dietician appointment ( to keep the pressure on as I'm losing well atm) at the end of November or start of December but got a appointment thru for 7th of November eeeeekkkk!!! So I think it will be before Xmas going on what I've seen on here. Nope no more standing about time to get some serious LIVING done cannot wait ?.... The next chapter is about to begin watch this space x

Well day 12 today and have decided to go into work to take my mind off the op for a few hours! Pre op assessment tomorrow, so all being well will have the all clear for op Wednesday.
Went out with friends last night and surprisingly didn't cheat pre op diet.. Had a healthy grilled chicken salad without dressing or chips, and drank iced water all night... Saw a side to one of my friends that I really didn't like, she became really drunk, loud and obnoxious.. Then began questioning me about my op, asking why can't I just lose the weight "NORMALLY" needless to say I didn't stay long after that.. It hasn't made me angry, if anything it's made me more determined.

Well day 12 today and have decided to go into work to take my mind off the op for a few hours! Pre op assessment tomorrow, so all being well will have the all clear for op Wednesday.
Went out with friends last night and surprisingly didn't cheat pre op diet.. Had a healthy grilled chicken salad without dressing or chips, and drank iced water all night... Saw a side to one of my friends that I really didn't like, she became really drunk, loud and obnoxious.. Then began questioning me about my op, asking why can't I just lose the weight "NORMALLY" needless to say I didn't stay long after that.. It hasn't made me angry, if anything it's made me more determined.

That's why I didn't tell anyone... sorry you had to deal with that. But well done on the healthy choices.

Thanks Beegee, yea am proud of myself for sticking to this pre op like glue!! I haven't told many about my op only 2 of my closest friends and my husband and children, I was quite surprised with her attitude, she has apologised profusely today, but am guessing the alcohol talk was her true feelings about it... Oh well, her issue not mine :)

Anyway end of day 12 and the dreaded pre op assessment in the morning, letter says nothing to eat or drink for 10 hrs prior so no weetabix for brekkie and they're gonna take all my blood!!

Back