• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oodles' Weekly Weigh In

Well I bit the bullet today and got on the scales for the first time since July. 12 1/2 stone fully clothed, I was amazed! Pretty happy with that considering I've spent this time not dieting! Although for the past few weeks I've been really strict with myself. I've had the odd Christmas sweetie but my calories have been really good - rarely above 1300. At my lowest I was just below 12st and felt I looked too thin even though the NHS said my BMI had me at overweight. My issue is I've always carried all my weight in my legs, which remain massive even after the surgery - they just don't wobble anymore lol. But that means even if my chest is bony and if my new arms might look skinny now, I'll probably always be classed as being overweight. I'm going to carry on being off carbs and keeping my calories down and see how it goes. It must be working - I had to take my compression leggings off in the middle of the night as when I lay down the material was rubbing on my hip bones and hurting me. That's progress right?!

Got a holiday booked in march so I'm hoping I might be able to wear some clothes I wouldn't have been brave enough to in the past. Unfortunately I have huge stretch marks on my shoulders from olden days. I've literally never worn a sleeveless top in my life, even in primary school I remember feeling too self conscious. But perhaps I could wear a tank top under a sheer cover up or something.

Exciting!

Enjoy Christmas everyone!!

Well I bit the bullet today and got on the scales for the first time since July. 12 1/2 stone fully clothed, I was amazed! Pretty happy with that considering I've spent this time not dieting! Although for the past few weeks I've been really strict with myself. I've had the odd Christmas sweetie but my calories have been really good - rarely above 1300. At my lowest I was just below 12st and felt I looked too thin even though the NHS said my BMI had me at overweight. My issue is I've always carried all my weight in my legs, which remain massive even after the surgery - they just don't wobble anymore lol. But that means even if my chest is bony and if my new arms might look skinny now, I'll probably always be classed as being overweight. I'm going to carry on being off carbs and keeping my calories down and see how it goes. It must be working - I had to take my compression leggings off in the middle of the night as when I lay down the material was rubbing on my hip bones and hurting me. That's progress right?!

Got a holiday booked in march so I'm hoping I might be able to wear some clothes I wouldn't have been brave enough to in the past. Unfortunately I have huge stretch marks on my shoulders from olden days. I've literally never worn a sleeveless top in my life, even in primary school I remember feeling too self conscious. But perhaps I could wear a tank top under a sheer cover up or something.

Exciting!

Well done Oodles and merry Christmas xx

Exciting!

That’s fab news. Have a great Christmas xx

Well. 7 weeks out and all good! One more week with my compression garments but think I'll keep the tape on a bit longer. I don't have any holes this time but you can see that the arm that swelled post op was barely closed as so much skin was removed! The scar is quite wide on that one so I think it needs a bit more support. Sung that my tape always falls off so I might get bored replacing it lol.

One small area which is still a bit weepy is just one side of the closure in the groin, but no big deal. Using mepore dressings on that until it dries then will switch to tape.

Still swollen but happy! Recovery has been all good and I can't wait to wear short sleeved tops in the summer for the first time in my life!!

Happy 2018 all :)

Have been properly dieting (most days) since I first weighed myself and am now under 12st woop!! Size 12 jeans fit! Even got into a size 10 skirt this weekend! I'm all renewed. The surgery has made such a difference, mentally. I feel so much more confident and determined to get down to a healthy BMI. Went to a house party on Saturday and wore a 70s patterned knee length skirt and a too tight top and felt really good in them. I even got compliments from people there! I was so worried that after a couple of years I would let things go, and I did a bit last year. Just shows that the magical bypass has done its thing and now it's all down to me.

Feeling the familiar dread as going out tonight and having food at some pub which does awful food. I'm already stressing about what to eat. I think last time I went there I had burger and chips!! Also my bloating is horrible. When it happens my clothes hurt and I look and feel totally pregnant and I just want to find out what causes it! I've been drinking loads of green tea with mint, and staying away from fruit (as last week I ate like 10 satsumas, four nectarines, two peaches and four pears - in one day. As well as meals. NO SELF CONTROL) and I suspect it has something to do with veg so I'm cutting out beans, green veg, onions. So last night I cooked white fish in a tomato and mushroom sauce and it still happened. No onions! Oh but I did use garlic. I'm seriously running out of things I can eat. I've cut out carbs obviously, now fruit, now veg. Will try protein based diet for a while and see if it helps. Will keep on with salad though until my jeans tell me otherwise.

Also going through sugar free jelly like it's going out of fashion!

Oo it's the boy's birthday on Saturday and I'm taking him to a posh restaurant for a tasting menu. Very excited and I'm going to eat it ALL woop!!

Well I finally cracked the normal BMI barrier! And today I got into some size 10 (wide leg) jeans! I've just had to be really strict with myself. I've developed some sort of IBS which is stabbing and bloating... Had to cut out most veg. Stopped eating fruit, and of course no carbs. I'm basically living on skyr yoghurt and eggs at the moment. But it seems to be working! Updated my stats on here after years it seems. I want to weigh less than the boy who is around 10-11st so I've given myself a goal of one more stone to lose before I allow potatoes back into my life. Mind you I had slimming world chips on Sunday and even they stabbed me! Might be cos I had an entire plate full though oops. I'm well aware I'll forever be addicted to food, I still want to eat as much as I can get inside me and won't stop eating until it all disappears. I just have to limit what's available to me. No cooking a whole pack of sausages cos I eat them all immediately. No more filling the fruit bowl cos I'll sit here and eat until there's none left. If I bake biscuits they need to get out my house as soon as possible or else I'll nibble them all. I wish I knew why I have no self control! There must be some reason, right? But as far as I remember I've always been the same! I guess it really doesn't matter as long as I don't have nice things around me :)

Well I finally cracked the normal BMI barrier! And today I got into some size 10 (wide leg) jeans! I've just had to be really strict with myself. I've developed some sort of IBS which is stabbing and bloating... Had to cut out most veg. Stopped eating fruit, and of course no carbs. I'm basically living on skyr yoghurt and eggs at the moment. But it seems to be working! Updated my stats on here after years it seems. I want to weigh less than the boy who is around 10-11st so I've given myself a goal of one more stone to lose before I allow potatoes back into my life. Mind you I had slimming world chips on Sunday and even they stabbed me! Might be cos I had an entire plate full though oops. I'm well aware I'll forever be addicted to food, I still want to eat as much as I can get inside me and won't stop eating until it all disappears. I just have to limit what's available to me. No cooking a whole pack of sausages cos I eat them all immediately. No more filling the fruit bowl cos I'll sit here and eat until there's none left. If I bake biscuits they need to get out my house as soon as possible or else I'll nibble them all. I wish I knew why I have no self control! There must be some reason, right? But as far as I remember I've always been the same! I guess it really doesn't matter as long as I don't have nice things around me :)
You’ve done amazingly well, so you must be doing something right! Can you eat large portions now? I’m only 5 weeks out and I’m hoping I can never fit large portions in again!

Congratulations that is amazing. I am the same as you for the cravings and feel it will always be with me and I hope like you I will learn to control them xx

Hi Missy,

Yep I can eat real portions most of the time now. But I do find myself pushing it... Trying to cram as much into me as possible just because it's there. So I've toned that down a bit and I stop eating when full. But then I immediately have to clear my plate away unless I'll pick until the plate is clean!!

Sunday lunch is edible now but mainly because I stick only to meat and veg - no Yorkshire, potatoes, starchy veg or stuffing. So even though I eat a full plate, there's only really some meat on there of any substance :)

Hi Missy,

Yep I can eat real portions most of the time now. But I do find myself pushing it... Trying to cram as much into me as possible just because it's there. So I've toned that down a bit and I stop eating when full. But then I immediately have to clear my plate away unless I'll pick until the plate is clean!!

Sunday lunch is edible now but mainly because I stick only to meat and veg - no Yorkshire, potatoes, starchy veg or stuffing. So even though I eat a full plate, there's only really some meat on there of any substance :)
Well, whatever you are doing still seems to be working! Keep up the good work xx

Question
Did you measure you legs before and after leg reductions if so what the difference

Hi beep

I didn't measure beforehand I'm afraid. And at first I thought that the size hasn't changed, just the wobbles have gone. However now that the swelling is going I can see them significantly smaller. I mean I'm not going to be able to wear a mini skirt without tights, they're not perfect, and I can see areas where it's still swollen. But with tights I could imagine them one day looking... Not bad.

I'm going back to my surgeon for one last time in march. He'll take some final photos and I'll get him to send them to me (he has offered but I've refused before). I can email them to you at that point if it's helpful :)

That would be great....My legs are horrendous look like over sized testical skin inner tops of legs. I may have opportunity to pay for legs and tummy however I would prefer legs over tummy if I haven’t enough

Hi beep

I didn't measure beforehand I'm afraid. And at first I thought that the size hasn't changed, just the wobbles have gone. However now that the swelling is going I can see them significantly smaller. I mean I'm not going to be able to wear a mini skirt without tights, they're not perfect, and I can see areas where it's still swollen. But with tights I could imagine them one day looking... Not bad.

I'm going back to my surgeon for one last time in march. He'll take some final photos and I'll get him to send them to me (he has offered but I've refused before). I can email them to you at that point if it's helpful :)
I’ve had my stomach and arms done and could do with boobs, bum and thighs done. Where is the scar on your leg? How far down the thigh does it come?

The scar goes from right in the groin (sometimes knicker elastic rubs it) to just below the knee. It is inside the thigh in kind of an L shape from the join between the thigh and groin incisions.

Beep my legs were the same, I hated wearing loose trousers because they would wobble so much when I was washing...

When’s your appointment I’m dying to find out measurements of leg results

How did it go

How are you

Back