• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oodles' Weekly Weigh In

More glamour: I have the beginnings of a bed sore :( I have no backside any more and on a hard mattress having to lie on my back it's not fun times!! I arranged the duvet under my rear end last night to try and take the pressure off a bit but this morning it's all red and numb and the skin looks to be breaking. Thank goodness my parents have savlon! Going to the nurse tomorrow for a wound check so hopefully I'll be able to get some help but how embarrassing :( pretty sure I was this immobile after my bypass but of course I had more padding back then.

Had a terrible night with sore rear end and thigh fire... yesterday was the first time I had worn underwear as many people came round to see me and I went out shopping for the bra. Turns out the underwear I wore, whilst I felt it was great as it added more compression to the belt thing, lay right against the cuts on my hip and irritated my dodgy thigh nerve to no end. I struggled bending and stretching last night and it took me so long to get in and out of bed. Also I only took two codeine all day (still took paracetamol) so I'd had less pain relief.

Today: wearing underwear shorts instead of high legs, back on full pain relief and got the savlon out. Hopefully tonight will be much easier!

MAnaged to sleep like a normal person!! The trick: sleep in the control short underwear! Keeps the compression band in place, keeps the Sudocrem in place for the sore, keeps the buttocks in place hence taking pressure off the sore and providing padding! Best of all it kept my hips in place (or the skin around my hips) so when I moved I didn't accidentally pull the nerve and get a fiery thigh! When I woke up at 2am I didn't even take a painkiller.

Winning!!

Got my wound check at hospital this morning. Bring it on!!

Oh bless, it's never straightforward is it x

No, but the wounds are healing so well. Apart from two little bits of dressing to be checked again on Thursday, I'm all taped up and done and dusted! The nurse was surprised I had healed this much in just a week.

The tape, however, has made everything so much tighter and I realised possibly the fact that it doesn't hurt is because I have no feeling along the scars at the moment. I'm now limping and so much slower than I was with the dressings on! But I'm sure as the swelling goes down everything will loosen up a bit.

I saw myself for the first time though and it wasn't the horror show I was expecting. Yay!!

Finally showered today! So happy to be clean!!

Also I managed to lie on my side in bed for a while last night. While this would be good for my bedsore, I figured I don't want to push my wounds too much by changing anything just yet. So I'll sleep on my back for a couple more weeks and keep on using the sudocrem.

One revelation today: I put on my new compression garment while my Velcro belt thing is in the washing. What a revelation!! No bulk, holds me in so bending and moving is a lot easier. It makes my waist look really small and my boobs look massive. Don't know how I feel about that. I'm wearing the matalan bra which has no support so hopefully they'll look smaller in the regular bra once that's washed. But yay for compression body thing!!

Wow @oodles83 thank you for your informative updates and great to hear that your ops went well. Hope you have continued to heal and that your bedsore didn't get any worse? Great news that even at that early stage you were happy with what you saw.

Please update and let us know how you are doing now. H2x

Helloooo!

Well, I'm happy to report all is well!

Bedsore went with sudocrem for a week!
Leg... still the odd twinge but mostly fine. As of yesterday I've stopped limping! My surgeon gave me some gabapentin so I just hope I'm feeling better due to the nerv

Oops!

Due to the nerve loosening rather than the drugs masking the pain. Only time will tell I guess!

My surgeon is thrilled with me and I'm really pleased. I'll never be in a bikini but I'm feeling somewhat like a normal person. I'm much less self conscious around the boy and even bought some frillies ;) I've got a posture brace to help me straighten up now as I've been hunched over for so long. But I'm driving again, went to a murder mystery on Friday and just living life again!

Booked in for arms and legs on 20th Nov!

Great to hear you are doing well and still pleased! Not long until the next round of ops then! Are they with the same surgeon?

Yeah, I really like him. And the scars are already so thin sometimes I struggle to find them when I'm taping myself up! Wouldn't go with anyone else!

What prices are the surgeries? Would love legs done

Saw my surgeon yesterday and he was really happy with how i’ve healed. I was quite nervous about my next op, having arms and legs done together. How will I get out of bed if both my arms and legs are swollen and sore? But he said there will be no issue. He’ll send me home the day after the op, and he even said i’ll be able to drive Just a few days later! I’ll have to wear really sexy compression garments lol - a sports bra with full arms, and zippy trousers which go to mid-calf. I have to have extended scars as the skin will be removed below the knee and elbow as well as the upper arms and thighs. Good job it’ll be winter and i’ll be in jumpers and long trousers!

I just can’t wait. He really put me at ease and said I won’t have restricted movement or anything. He’ll take away almost a third of my legs!

Then afterwards the only thing to be done is the backside but that’s not a priority. I’ll finally be free of all this nonsense hanging off me!!

Hi @oodles83 can I just say I've loved reading your story, you are such an inspiration. I'm at the beginning of my journey I hope its as successful as yours. Also one thing about the occasional pains and sickness you get...could it be gallstones? I've read some people develop this after having WLS. I had it when I was 17, used to get excruciating pain, when eating anything fatty or sugary and almost always was sick. I've had my gallbladder removed so at least I'll not get it if I get WLS. Just a thought. Hope all goes well with the next skin surgery

Hi Danielle!

I realised the pain was indigestion - a rennie does the trick usually! Though luckily it only happens once or twice a year. Last time when I was sick it was probably because I downed about 8 rennies lol.

Wishing you all the best in your journey!!

Hi Danielle!

I realised the pain was indigestion - a rennie does the trick usually! Though luckily it only happens once or twice a year. Last time when I was sick it was probably because I downed about 8 rennies lol.

Wishing you all the best in your journey!!

Lol @ rennies, brings back memories, I went through packets of them. They thought mine was indigestion for 18 months! I'm glad yours is just that and that you don't get it too often

Hi hope you don’t mind me asking how large are the tops of your legs and have they given an actual size they will reduce them too? My legs are huge and wondered if they would liposuction the removal. Are you having and calf reduction?? Thinking of calf liposuction

Back