• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fiona's weekly weigh in

Fiona68

Well its been 12 weeks since I had an RNY in the Czech republic. I live in Ireland and weight loss surgery is not available to public patients here, so luckily for me I was able to get a loan and pay for one myself.

Like everyone on this site I have struggled with weight for most of my life, at least since I was 13 years old (and probably since before then but I was too young and innocent to realise I was in a fight with something). I have lost spectacular amounts, only to gain back even more spectacular amounts. I know you have all been there, its nice to be among people who I know really do understand.

Well, I think by my 46th birthday I realised I did not have a bottomless pit of courage to keep fighting this demon, and I couldn't face another slimming world / weight watchers (or what ever your having yourself) meeting, I couldn't watch another lipotrim DVD, I couldn't sit through another meeting at my GPs surgery, nodding intently and with pretend deep interest, as a nutritionist told me less than I already new about nutrition. So surgery is my last option, my last big hope. There is a lot riding on me getting this right, there are a lot of missed opportunities, missed outfits, missed parties, missed snogs, missed relationships, missed adventures, missed life, because carrying an extra 12 stone does that, it takes up all your energy so there is none left for the good things in life. I know I can't get back any of those missed opportunities but I hope I can make better use of what time is left, and hopefully, if I loose enough there will be more time left.

So I had my RNY on 18th August, 12 weeks ago. An excellent company called Body Clinic organised it all for me and I would have no hesitation recommending them. My starting weight 3 weeks pre op was 133kg (21st), I did good old lipo trim for 3 weeks before the op and now 12 weeks post op and I am 110.2kg (17st 5lb). That's a loss of 22.8 kg (50.26 lb) over a 15 week period. That averages out at a steady loss of 3.34lbs a week. Pretty good by weight watchers / slimming world standards, but below average by weight loss surgery standards.

Of course I am disappointed, its only human, having read all the wonderful success stories here I was looking forward to a much better outcome. But it is what it is, and there are still some things I can do to help the process (like do more exercise :rolleyes:). And I thought that maybe having a weekly weigh in and a chance to discuss how I am managing might help too. This might not be a fast solution for me, but if it's a permanent solution then i will be happy with one out to two.

Anyway, that is the end (thank goodness I hear you say) of my first post, thinking that Friday will be my weight in day.

Thank you for reading!!!

Fiona :character00148:

That is a great story Fiona, and a fantastic loss ! Well done, I will most definitely keep an eye out for your updates,
Have a great day x

Well its been 12 weeks since I had an RNY in the Czech republic. I live in Ireland and weight loss surgery is not available to public patients here, so luckily for me I was able to get a loan and pay for one myself. Like everyone on this site I have struggled with weight for most of my life, at least since I was 13 years old (and probably since before then but I was too young and innocent to realise I was in a fight with something). I have lost spectacular amounts, only to gain back even more spectacular amounts. I know you have all been there, its nice to be among people who I know really do understand. Well, I think by my 46th birthday I realised I did not have a bottomless pit of courage to keep fighting this demon, and I couldn't face another slimming world / weight watchers (or what ever your having yourself) meeting, I couldn't watch another lipotrim DVD, I couldn't sit through another meeting at my GPs surgery, nodding intently and with pretend deep interest, as a nutritionist told me less than I already new about nutrition. So surgery is my last option, my last big hope. There is a lot riding on me getting this right, there are a lot of missed opportunities, missed outfits, missed parties, missed snogs, missed relationships, missed adventures, missed life, because carrying an extra 12 stone does that, it takes up all your energy so there is none left for the good things in life. I know I can't get back any of those missed opportunities but I hope I can make better use of what time is left, and hopefully, if I loose enough there will be more time left. So I had my RNY on 18th August, 12 weeks ago. An excellent company called Body Clinic organised it all for me and I would have no hesitation recommending them. My starting weight 3 weeks pre op was 133kg (21st), I did good old lipo trim for 3 weeks before the op and now 12 weeks post op and I am 110.2kg (17st 5lb). That's a loss of 22.8 kg (50.26 lb) over a 15 week period. That averages out at a steady loss of 3.34lbs a week. Pretty good by weight watchers / slimming world standards, but below average by weight loss surgery standards. Of course I am disappointed, its only human, having read all the wonderful success stories here I was looking forward to a much better outcome. But it is what it is, and there are still some things I can do to help the process (like do more exercise :rolleyes:). And I thought that maybe having a weekly weigh in and a chance to discuss how I am managing might help too. This might not be a fast solution for me, but if it's a permanent solution then i will be happy with one out to two. Anyway, that is the end (thank goodness I hear you say) of my first post, thinking that Friday will be my weight in day. Thank you for reading!!! Fiona :character00148:

Who says it's not a success..! You've done amazingly well. Don't judge you progress against others. I hope I do as well as you :)

Back