• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oodles' Weekly Weigh In

Aw thanks guys :) just actually 2 months til the next goal of size 16 for my holiday. Might not do it but I should be a comfy 18 by then which is acceptable. Will work my hardest! Back on the DVDs next week!

Omg. I need to start holiday shopping. Eep!

And I hope I fit in the seats comfortably. I went to NY for my 21st and it was a real struggle to get the seat belt closed, in fact I didn't manage it on the way back at all. Had to hold it over me. I think I was a size 24 then? I can't recall. Due to having to travel for work I bought my own seatbelt extender which I have in my handbag at all times (even though I've not been on a plane probably since June, think it was during my LSD or perhaps just after solid food stage) and I'm tempted to leave it at home in March. I hope I fit. I also hope I can fit on rollercoasters... When I last went to Florida (again at 21) I got in a carriage but the bar wouldn't close over my legs so I managed to fit in a row further back. So I got on but had to move. I really hope I can enjoy Florida like a normal person this time... If so, that will be a whole fortnight of NSVs!

I'm also going to be flying to HQ of my company in Pennsylvania for a couple of days during my holiday to see my old friends from when I lived there, and also do some work as I don't have enough hol for the whole trip. Must get an amazing work outfit!! Perhaps I will wear my interview suit. If it still fits at that time (I suspect it will be too big). I can't wait.

2016 <3

That all sounds very exciting! You will fit on roller coasters and planes by then easily :)

Argh

Why do I only lose weight at my parents' house?! I lose zero weight when I'm doing my normal routine. And I eat so much less when I'm not with my rents. I chug on tea all day and have a small protein-filled meal for dinner. Why isn't it shifting!

Perhaps I need to start eating more. But I never remember to bring food to work with me. It's so frustrating!

I'm freaking out also about my holidays. Although I've decided I'm probably going to be okay fitting in the plane seat, the ride situation is horrifying. I seem to be borderline on whether or not I'll actually be able to make the rides. I'm smaller now than when I went last time and apart from the Mummy incident I'm pretty sure I got on all the rides, but what if I don't fit this time? I will die. DIE of embarrassment.

Also my goal of a size 16 is out of the window as I have 7 weeks and although an 18 on top, still very much a 20 on the bottom. And because of my mahoosive thighs I'm convinced I'll get thrown off the rides. The overhead restraints won't come down far enough or the bar won't get low enough.

Apparently nowadays they have these test seats to test whether or not you will fit before you start to queue, which they didn't have last time I was there. And I read stories where as you queue you are pulled out by members of staff if you look like you won't fit, to test the seats first. Horrifying. I'm going to have to try every one aren't I.

Planes and rollercoasters are like the ultimate test for being a normal sized person. I hope I pass, or else I might as well be a size 32 as I'll still feel devastated. I wish it wasn't a concern. I'm sure no-one in my family will have this fear when they are walking round. To be one of those people who don't even need to think of these things!

Everyone at work is talking about my weight loss. I wish they wouldn't. It's old news surely? Plus I'm actually not losing owt right now lol. I'm just excited to be in a place eventually where no-one knows what I looked like :) Oh and also - the official wedding photos came back and I see zero difference from what I looked like before. I still have the double chin, I'm still double the width of the bridesmaids... I thought I looked really slinky, but alas.

Well whatever happens weight wise in these next seven weeks, I have made an executive decision: I will eat whatever I want on that holiday. I've studied menus for every restaurant I could think of, and actually they are really great. Prawns, white fish, salad bars, amazing. It won't be too hard to find a main under 300 cals, even the burger place we'll go to will do lettuce instead of a bun. BUT if I want to try a dessert on my birthday, I will do. And I've already promised myself an onion roll tomato sandwich. It's this bap (white) with onions cooked into the bread, and we just have tomatoes sliced in it as a filling. It's absolutely delicious. I'm having one. It is happening :)

Hi Oodles

You are amazing! I've just read your diary and your progress is fabulous! You look great in the wedding photos, so pretty and I would quite literally kill for hair like yours! It's easier said than done, but don't underestimate the huge changes in yourself in both body and mind. I think a lot of us are guilty of having lived in fat bodies for most of our lives and it's just too much to get our head around the changes in our appearance after surgery. I sometimes catch a glance of myself in a mirror or shop window, looking thinner than I expect, and I convince myself it must be one of those trick mirrors that distorts our shape. Inside I still feel like the same old fat lump. Don't get me wrong I'm still hugely overweight, but a lot smaller than I was before my surgery. It's just so hard to see for ourselves what others around us must see.

Do not worry about your holiday, I am 100% confident that you will fit comfortably into most (if not all) of the rides and coasters! I've been to Florida over 30 times at a variety of weights up to 32 stone at my very heaviest. My last visit was just before my surgery when I was about 25 stone. I'm only 5'4" so was about size 28/30 on both top and bottom. I tried to get on everything at both Disney and Universal. Even at my size the only ride I had to give up on was the new 7 Dwarfs mine train ride at the Magic Kingdom, it was just too tight for me. I found some tricks - on rides with a shared lap bat I'd make sure I wasn't in a row with all skinny minnies as they'd try to pull the bar down too far and I'd end up unable to breathe! Most rides do have ride vehicles outside the main entrances which you could try for your own peace of mind (I did this under the pretext of taking a photo) but I really think after you've tried a couple and found they are so roomy you won't need to bother. Even when I was 32 stone I was never pulled out of the queue to test the seat. Please, please don't worry. Disney is designed with larger guests in mind and honestly you are nowhere near the largest size that the coasters are built to accommodate! There are a lot of blogs etc out there with hints and tips for larger Disney guests - if you're still worried then look at WDW At Large - One Size Does Not Fit All! and also Attraction Vehicle Photo Gallery Walt Disney World has got pictures of all the ride vehicles.

I've found Florida restaurants, and especially in the theme parks, are amazingly flexible in accommodating any menu requests so I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy your food. The onion roll tomato sandwich has got me drooling it sounds yummy!

I'm sure you'll have an amazing time, and you WILL fit on all the coasters!

Potter x

The tests seats are great. Eat at least 800 calories a day, I don't know how big you are but you might need a fair big more. 2 litres fluid and you must get the protein in. Small regular meals or your body thinks it's fasting. You'll have a wonderful time x

Thanks Potter for the all the great info on Florida and Disney, I would love to plan a trip once I've had my op and lost enough weight to be classed as average/normal, think this could be my reward when I get to goal (or at least close enough to it haha) Xx

Echoed thanks for the info......X X

Thanks Potter and everyone :) 7 weeks today! I'll be sure to let you all know how I get on.

I've been buying holiday clothes off eBay, as all my clothes are for winter at the moment and I'm expecting summer weather in Florida. I wish clothes were like shoes. If you're an 8, you're an 8. But some 18 trousers I've bought won't get past my thighs, some are on the verge of being too big. Now for a couple of pounds each I don't really mind if they're not suitable and I'm happy to take the chance on a pair, but sooo much variation! Come on clothes people!

Food-wise today I took food to work, upping the calorie intake. So hopefully the scales will move again soon :)

Ugh scales are not moving in the right direction! I wonder if my scales reflect my food a week later. I.e. I had a carb tastic week last week, no movement. Eat only protein this weekend, this morning I'm heavier. Mind you totm raised its head again today (I am over this nonsense!! Just need to remind myself it all means my insides are working again. But UGH) and I realise perhaps that's where the extra poundage comes from. Time will tell I guess. I want to lose another stone before the hol and I thought it was totally doable but perhaps not!

This weekend I cooked so much good food. Pork bolognese, baked cod, carrot and lentil soup. So my meals are sorted for a good while now. No more carbs!

Now to crawl under my desk and moan until home time :(

I am having such a rubbish weight loss week.

1) I have not lost weight since Christmas
2) I look bigger than I did. I measure myself and haven't got any bigger, but my clothes feel tight and I look in the mirror and I feel huge
3) I ordered a bum bag off eBay for the holiday, thinking ooh I can fit in a bum bag now! Like a normal person! I am normal! It turned up yesterday. The belt said it went up to 43 inches. After only just closing it around me at full extension, I measured it and it was 38. Yes I can close it but it feels like another slap in the face because the measurements were wrong. Like a reminder that I'll always struggle and should never consider myself to be normal! I bet ppl don't even think about bum bag straps usually, especially the people who sell them. Most don't even put the measurement on the page. I wanted to coolly snap it closed around me on holiday, not huff and puff to close it or worry that my trousers might be too thick and it won't close at all.
4) I measured my calves and one is 3 inches bigger than the other, it wasn't my imagination. So I still can't wear lovely boots and I realised I've been buying these skirts and dresses and actually can't wear them as my calves are freakish.
5) I've been so good on my protein and no carb thing, and the scales are actually going up. I googled and know the 6 month stall is very common but I'm going to have to face the fact that perhaps my holiday clothes will remain too small and perhaps I won't fit on the rides. I have 6 weeks which I thought was loads of time, but it seems not. I'm carrying on with it, I'm still taking my pills and doing everything right. It just sucks!!
6) I still have over 5st to lose to get to normal bmi, and I see these articles on Twitter about "look at this transformation of this hideous woman now she lost all this weight and is stunning" and their start weights are less than my current one. I don't want to be skinny. I just want to not have to anticipate how I fit or don't fit in seats, on garden furniture etc. And whenever I feel perhaps I'm approaching that point I get smacked back to reality.
7) And if I still have over 5st to lose and am eating very little and am not losing, what can I do now? Accept this is me now? I refuse. I refuse to accept anything other than size 16!
8) I considered starting slimming world but I can't eat carbs or cheese, which kind of scuppers that idea. Perhaps if nothing happens by the holiday I'll change things up when I get back. I'm not risking a potato before I get in my size 18 cropped trousers!

*bangs head against wall*

Thanks Niccie. It's tough because I'm so out of practice in the TOTM thing I can't really remember how it affects me. Plus I focus so much nowadays on the scales and measurements, which I have never before done in my life, that I don't know if the weight I put on and the despair I've felt this week is real or due to that. All I know is that I've eaten very well this week and took time to think about what I've been doing differently since Christmas which would have halted the loss. I restarted my daily fig chew, cut down on the liquorice and have introduced water into my life. I have been getting my liquids but through cups of tea as it's been so cold. This week I've started again with a litre of water in the evening and this morning I'm back down to the weight I was when I got back after Christmas. 2lbs to a 10st loss. Now as I said I don't know if that's through changing my routine, or due to my TOTM ending, but I'm sure I'll figure it out in a few months if I keep having a breakdown one week out of four lol.

The main thing is I'm feeling happier now, I feel I'm back on track, and that there is a hope that I may be able to wear my holiday clothes at some point :)

TOTM really does affect the scales but so will your increased water in a positive way. Well done on your loss. I know it's demoralising when you do all the right things and nothing happens!

Thanks Kar :)

Well after that mahoosive stall I seem to be back on track. I don't feel like I'm losing anything but when I checked on this app I have, it said the loss in 7 days is almost 4lb which is very acceptable! Perhaps cos I weigh every day at the moment it doesn't feel like they move very much. I mean I've still only lost about half a stone this month but perhaps that's all I can hope for now that it seems I'm going to stall for 2 weeks out of every 4? Crikey that's depressing isn't it!!

This week I are been mostly obsessing about surgery. I can't wait. I'm going to have everything done! I'm so wobbly and vile. I can pull my leg skin up above my knees and my legs are then a normal size! But of course then I have to let go and my knees disappear again. I also think that's why my calves are different sizes now. If I had the leg lift I think they would match. I'm really surprised that smaller clothes fit me because I don't feel as though I've shrunk, I've just deflated. my skin is still the same area that it was. I will still spill over into the next seat on that plane, but at least I'm malleable enough now for it not to hurt. Perhaps I'll just fold myself up and sit on the skin. It's fascinating really. I was stressing out about the pool on holiday. I can't let anyone see my arms, stomach or legs. Or shoulders cos of stretch marks. I found these knee length swim shorts which hold me in which are great, and I got a tankini and a sheer cover up which has long sleeves. I won't swim but at least I can sit outside and dangle my legs in.l

So now I have resigned myself to the fact that I have to wear the spanx whenever I want to wear anything slightly figure forming. And that even though yes my confidence is on its way back and yes I've developed an actual crush on someone (at work, abroad - don't ask), realistically I'm still not going to have a relationship for probably 3-4 years, until I've lost the weight, had the surgery, and healed. Mind you I'm hoping in that time my hair might have grown back! So in 4 years time watch out world!

I'm still shedding buckets. I have to colour in my hairline with this powder now. I would love a hair replacement system. Has anyone looked into that?

I think you have done amazing your weight loss is phenomenal! I had surgery later November and lost 41lb in total. You should be so proud of yourself, you are awesome. What's your typical daily menu like? I think I need a shake up.

Back