• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op cancelled so upsetting!!

Eve30

Went in at 7am this morning and waited there for 10 hours only to be sent home at 5 due to bed shortage- id sorted all 3 kids out and been fasting all day so it's really upsetting. They said they will call tomorrow hopefully with a date for next week. So depressing to sit there all day- waste of
Time and hubby lost a full workday for nothing grrrrrr sorry to vent but it's really frustrating to be all nervous and then calm myself down and feel nervous but excited an entire day only to be sent home

Awe no how awful x

Aw bless, how horrible for you, I hope you don't have to wait too long for them to book you back in x

thats balls !!!! god,talk about an emoyional rollercoaster ,that mustve been so hrad to deal with.Such a shame .Try to c the positive .....next time u wont be nervous ull just be wanting to get on with it .I was a bit annoyed when they moved my date but try to stay positive hunny .xxxxx

Sorry to hear this eve :( Fingers crossed that there's a reason beyond what we know for your date being changed - some things happen for a reason.

They should not be doing this. They should not ask you to come in, and then not do the surgery. I am sure that they know how nerve wrecking it is, anyway. That's horrible. X

I doubt they did it by choice - if an emergency comes in they have to prioritise - I'm sure eve wouldn't want to jeopardise emergency care! However, totally understand her upset.

It wasn't due to emergencies! They told me one ward had the norovirus so closed it which means short 50 beds. Just feel they could have told me earlier instead of me being there for 10 hours starving!

Its possible they were still hoping to fit you in. As I say - I totally empathise, but I don't really think the hospital was deliberately at fault.

So.sorry I would be really cross about the whole thing. Sutely they knew when they called you. But possibly they thought they could Fix it and still go ahead. Hope you get a new date soon hune and Also you know.what to expect and wont.be as scared and.its doubtful they'll Cancel it again hune good luck and keep us all posted.

oh what a bummer :( hope you get a date real soon xxx

Omg I would be gutted to hun. Hope you get word soon x

Back