• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Orlistat

Fair enough Sarah :)

I didn't want you getting further down the road to suddenly find you gotta go through the 3-month Orlistat stage before surgery :)

Lol theyd prob do an op on someone who was 7stone as long as they pay!No seriously tho - sometimes i cant believe im gona spend 10k that i cant really afford on this op. Then other times i think money isnt as important as health

I am having WLS on NHS and I haven't been made to go onto any brand of weight reduction tablets - guess that's not the norm - but just gives a different experience. I am midlands based. Good luck with your choices and I hope you get the results you want :)

Lol theyd prob do an op on someone who was 7stone as long as they pay!No seriously tho - sometimes i cant believe im gona spend 10k that i cant really afford on this op. Then other times i think money isnt as important as health
Sarah did you consider the NHS route or are you keen to progress asap?

I have tried orlistat. I did loose weight but think that is down to the diet rather than the medication. I eat a low fat diet anyway and the orlistat made me constipated. I was told by a consultant that I needed to eat more fat so it would work!!!!!!

I tried orsilate on and off for years!! Bloody horrid stuff!! When I was younger and eating takeaways it worked a treat but the accidents of filling your knickers wasn't worth it. so you stop eating crap and eating low fat and loose weight so it's more a deterrent rather than a weight loss medication lol. Last time I asked for them I was refused as my tastes had changed to more carb high foods and sugary foods and these don't help with that. So unless you like a greasy takeaway or eat everything fried they prob won't work. And if they do....... Your going to end up with thick orange oily poo pants lol I call it spaghetti bolognese oil poop ???????? xxx

I was on Orlistat for a while - pure evil! Orange smelly grease oozing from my back end permanently staining everything it came in contact with. Of course, that is exactly what it is meant to do ie that will only happen if you eat fatty food, so to avoid said vile ooze you should avoid the fat blah blah blah ... And Reductil too. Useless also.

Just remember Sarah to research the bypass versus the sleeve. The bypass is the gold standard. My team will only do the sleeve if a bypass cannot be achieved for example if there are adesions. The bypass disconnects the hunger driving hormones and personally i have lost physical interest in food. It can kick back in - there is no way of knowing if/when that will happen, for the first few months after surgery I found my head was still interested and yes I got upset that I could not have so many things. But I crossed that bridge from about six months and the positive results of the surgery greatly outweigh any possible negatives. Yes, I may be on borrowed time but in the meantime it is liberating to say the least and gives time to crack on with a new life, leaving old habits behind xxxxx

Last time I asked for them I was refused as my tastes had changed to more carb high foods and sugary foods and these don't help with that.

The docs had no idea about my eating habits when I was prescribed Orlistat, and nor was I asked.

I actually don't like greasy foods or takeaways and I very rarely use oil in cooking. But still, I very quickly found out just how much fat was in the foods I did eat. Even my favourite cereal got struck off my shopping list - and I still don't buy it now.

So although the Orlistat Experience is in a league of its own, the practicle lesson in nutrition has proved invaluable!!!!!! :D

Back