• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im soooo stupid.

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
Went back to docs today, mainly cos im so impatient and i hated the side effects of Orlistat.
She basically tells me its cos im eating too much fat, which i knew, and that if i didnt have any motivation to try these tablets properly then i would prob be turned down for surgery, because i wasnt showing enough commitment. I know shes right, but its sooo damn ironic. If i could stick to a low fat diet, i wouldnt have asked for the tablets, or more so the surgery. :cry:

She tried to change the tablets to Reductil (i think thats it) but cos im on antidepressants, i couldnt have them cos of the contra-indications. Suppose thats one less thing to try.
Told her how upset i was about not being able to have another baby. I was told last week if i didnt lose weight my periods wouldnt come back after the depo injec, that ran out 8 months ago, and id never conceive. And she was just like, well u have to decide what u want first. Erm...i need surgery to lose weight so my periods come back so i can actually conceive!!
Weve been trying 8 months already, and it could be another 3 years.
Anyway shes going to write to the hospital and ask their advice, and in the mean time i said i would try taking these tablets, even if its only one a day.

I feel so stupid. I hope i havent messed up my chances of surgery. Ive sobbed my heart out all morning.

Can anyone give me any words of advice, encouragement or support. Please be nice to me, im very emotionally delicate at the moment. :cry:

((((((((((HUGS)))))))) I do feel for you hun, I really do, its like a catch 22 situation for you and so bloody annoying. If we could lose weight and keep it off we would not be here fighting tooth and nail to get surgery. Is there a different GP in the surgery you can speak to? I have to say I spent over a year with one trying reductil and being monitored by her and she was great to start off with when there was no weight loss she got really inpatient with me. I sat and cried my eyes out to one of the nurses in the surgery and she advised me to speak to another GP who I had never really rated but he was supportive and referred me. It pays to shop around and it also pays to never take NO for an answer, show her how determind you are to lose the weight. I have to say that its a well known fact that depression causes weight gain it releases something into the body which I cant remember and that causes the body to automatically retain weight. (Its not the tablets its your body). Maybe you could look at trying to address why you feel so depressed (I know its probably the weight as it has such knock on affects). Try every avenue to show them you are determined and keep on going.....the minute you stop they have won the battle not to spend NHS money because they will think you are not determind enough.....have a nice cup of tea, cry some more if you need to (lord knows I cry a lot). Remember you are not alone you have all of us on here and if you just want to moan and let off steam dont hesitate to do so thats why we are here....I wish I could take away your hurt hun because I would in the blink of an eye if I could....xx

Orlistat

Hi try to stick with the Orlistat even if its only one a day.you will have to get used to cutting fat from your diet even if you have surgery,show them you are willing to do this and I am sure they will see an encouraging weightloss and then do the surgery.I have found the more they see you try at this stage the more likely you will get further help.It would only be a matter of time before your periods return and you can concieve.My son and his partner are starting ivf and I know how hard this road is.Lots of love. x

try with the orlistat and make sure you join the support thing details are on the box they send you book with the fat content of loads of food , i found if i ate nothing over 5% fat per 100grams on it it worked without side effects
i have been trying to concieve for 8yrs and wont get any help till iv lost weight so i understand how it feels i went and found the cutest newborn baby pic and look at it when i need inspiration good luck

First things first...YOU ARE NOT STUPID!!!!! how can any one that puts their hands up and admits that they are having problems with their weight, seeks out help and follows the advice given be stupid??? you are doing everything you can hun dont knock yourself!!
Take advice from others on here, stick with the tablets and go find another gp in the practise to talk to. Keep up the pressure on them to help you.
And one last thing........... a big hug :grouphugg: :D

:hug99: you are NOT stupid x x

I can empathise with you, we tried to conceive for over a year with no luck and I blame depo completely. Evil stuff.

Maybe you could look at trying to address why you feel so depressed (I know its probably the weight as it has such knock on affects).

In response to this, i am under a psychiatrist, my next app is next month, and i am waiting for congnitive behavioural therapy. Ive been on the waiting list for over 6 months now, but we all know what the NHS is like!!!

Thank u so much to everyone who replied, and such good advice and kind supportive words. Im so paranoid all the time, i thought people were just gonna say i was selfish and impatient :cry: I have depression and an obsessive personality, so when i get something in mind i cant stop thinking about it and i get so worked up. Like this weekend with the surgery, and for the last 8 months trying to conceive. :(

Thanks for all the advice, im gonna look at the fat content, and do my best to cut down. Im back to see her on the 28th, and i hope i can show her some motivation, and that ive lost a few pounds.
One last thing, my BMI is 54.9, im worried that if i lose weight on these tablets, and my BMI goes to 48-49 then i wont qualify for surgery, and im back to sqaure one. :confused:

Thanks again all xxxx u made me feel so much better xxx

Hi Hun noone on here would ever say you were selfish we are all in the same boat with the same goal.....its hard to loose weight when you have depression and I agree the NHS is very slow I know someone who was referred for CBT two years ago next month and they have still not reached the top of the list.....but keep pushing ring them every week if you have to....good luck with the low fat options and we are still all here for you to support you any time...xx

Back