• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain when drinking water?

Sullie2Morin

Hi everyone.....wondering if anyone can shed some light. When does the pain from drinking fluids go away? I hate that feeling like there is a huge air bubble in my chest. It hurts so bad. Does that eventually go away?

Cant help you as my op is tomorrow Jennifer but am sure you will get the advice you need from someone else soon
Hope you feel better soon

Jay xx

I'm pre op but just wonder are you drinking too fast as i heard this can cause pain, i'm always hearing the 'old pros' (excuse me folks) saying sip sip sip! Hope this helps xx

Well I am 5 weeks out and if I drink cold fluids it does hurt a bit, even if I sip sip sip it it still causes discomfort, then again cold food has the same effect at times too.
Maybe warm your water up a little, even if its not great warm it might make it hurt a little less.
Steph xx

try alternatin warm and cold drinks but warm ones are easier. boiled water ot hot ribena or vimpto it does get better the futher out you get honest

Yeah hun - I agree with above, warmer drinks are easier to go down, but dont worry - cold ones will go down fine soon x

I am having the same problems with cold drinks. I used to hate hot/warm drinks but now I live off them and alternate with cold ones.

im 4days post op and its hurts less now but i burp a lot i know sexi lol, but yes warm drinks do go down better x

Back