• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Panic panic

mandymoo

Looking at my food list from my provider it says have 2 tablespoons of musher meat & 2 of veg but been eating more than that, no restriction at all so hungry trying not to over eat :(
2 weeks after band fitting, 10 more days till fill so far lost over 1 stone 3 lbs (includes pre-diet) now reading seeing consultant as he is strict - am I suppose to be eating this much & what do they expect you to have lost????
Xxx

Oh Mandy i wish i knew more about bands....

Hope a bander is along soon (although been Saturday night there prob all in some boozer the lushes - not really lol) to give you some reassurance. I have utmost respect for anyone with a band as they don't come with built in willpower and restriction you have to find that yourself xxx

Immediately post band, the diet is there to let your body heal. If you can eat less then do so - can you fill up on soups and yogurts? I think we are all different and it takes us different times to get restriction and until then we have to rely on will power. Don't be too hard on yourself, just try and follow the diet rules given to you and let your surgeon know how hungry you have been.

i read that our pouches can only hold 2 tablespoons of food but we can eat upto 6 tablespoons and not to eat more than that even if we feel we can

im super annoyed though, had zero contact from my provider.

Hi in the begining i found it really hard, I was also hungry and the only thing that stopped me eating more, was the thought of damaging the band or making it slip.I used to say to myself "Ive spent £6000 on having it done and put my life at risk by having an operation, eat something your not supposed to and i,m risking all of that being a waste of time".

It took 3 fills and 6 months before I had any restriction, but oh my its worth it, so hang on in there

Hi, it's normal for you to get hungrier at this stage, as your body is recovering and you need a fill to help with restriction. Unfortunately it's just done to willpower at this stage, keep your portions sizes small and stick to the guidelines and you should be ok.
I'm due a fill on Thursday and I can tell, much hungrier and grazing a lot. :(
Hope this helps xx

phatmomma said:
Oh Mandy i wish i knew more about bands....

Hope a bander is along soon (although been Saturday night there prob all in some boozer the lushes - not really lol) to give you some reassurance. I have utmost respect for anyone with a band as they don't come with built in willpower and restriction you have to find that yourself xxx

Thanks Hun xx

weeble said:
Immediately post band, the diet is there to let your body heal. If you can eat less then do so - can you fill up on soups and yogurts? I think we are all different and it takes us different times to get restriction and until then we have to rely on will power. Don't be too hard on yourself, just try and follow the diet rules given to you and let your surgeon know how hungry you have been.

Will have to be more strict with myself & dig out the diet sheet again xx

magicbeans said:
i read that our pouches can only hold 2 tablespoons of food but we can eat upto 6 tablespoons and not to eat more than that even if we feel we can

im super annoyed though, had zero contact from my provider.

I wish someone told me that :(
Mine has also had zero contact makes you wonder grrrr
Thanks Hun xx

sarahk said:
Hi in the begining i found it really hard, I was also hungry and the only thing that stopped me eating more, was the thought of damaging the band or making it slip.I used to say to myself "Ive spent £6000 on having it done and put my life at risk by having an operation, eat something your not supposed to and i,m risking all of that being a waste of time".

It took 3 fills and 6 months before I had any restriction, but oh my its worth it, so hang on in there

I haven't gone too mad also not been snacking in beyween but do you think I could of done any damage?? How would I know?
God hope not :(
Xx

Durhamlass14 said:
Hi
I met with my dietician before I left hospital she told me that with a band there was only an expectation to loose between one and two pounds a week
Hope thats helpful and put your mind at ease
You can do it you have come this far
xx

Thanks Hun back to being extra good x

Back