• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Panic stations!!!

I feel like things are going from good to bad. Things started off so well for and I guess they are ok food wise, its my scar I'm having probems with. This evening I was sitting down and felt a bit wet on my tummy and looked and I have this sticky brown liquid coming out from near the bottom of my scar. Sounds discusting, so sorry to be graphic. Its not just coming out slowly, if I sit up or stand up its literaly oozing out quite fast. I called up the Distric Nurse out of hours and they said not to worry about and just dress it, which we did and have had to take the dressing off cause it was soaking wet. Its not smelly like it would be an infection but its worrying me all the same.

First of all dont panic, follow the advice you have been given and if no better tomorrow go to your GP and get it checked. If there are no appointments insist on seeing someone to ensure someone has actually looked at it...things will improve chick, when I kept feeling sick all the time I thought what have I done to myself but the benefits far out weigh this stage....keep it clean and dry and please dont worry chick....((((hug))))...xx

Alia if it's worrying you do you have a local walk in clinic? or GP out of hours? It doesn't really warrant a trip to A&E but for your peace of mind a trip to a walk in (staffed by nurses) might be a good idea.

Thanks all for taking the time to reply. I'm lay back in the bed trying to limit the stuff coming out but I'm going to wait till morning as the District Nurse is coming then anyway. I'm thinking this is the kind of fluid that drained in one of the drains I had post surgery. Maybe I had a build up or something and its had to come out somewhere. Will keep you posted, for now I'm going to try to get some sleep and see what happens in the morning

Night Night all xxx

Back