• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Phat Photo Food Journal with Recipes

phatgirl

I thought I would start a daily journal with photos of my foods for the day. I probably won't post every day but at least once a week. Feel free to add your own, and please add feedback on servings and tastes as it is the only way that everyone can learn!

Last edited:

phatgirl

Breakfast Day 1:

Chocolate Covered Cherry Protein Smoothie
Frozen Cherries - large handful
Chocolate Protein Powder - 1 scoop
Yogurt, single serving size I use black cherry flavour
Cottage cheese, 125g I use the pineapple kind
Milk about 200 mils
Agave sf syrup, 1 tablespoon or to taste
Light whip, as an optional topping

Throw everything into a blender & whiz on high for about a minute. Pour out and enjoy. If the serving is more than you can consume in one sitting pour the remaining shake into an ice cube tray and freeze, you can plonk a few of the cubes into your belnder with a little fresh milk or water and make another shake!

Attachments

• CherryShakeIngredients.jpg
    CherryShakeIngredients.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 239
  • CherryShake.jpg
    CherryShake.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 231

phatgirl

Lunch Day 1:

French Onion Soup & Crisp bread with cheese
(this lunch boast about 30g of protein so enjoy!)

Soup Ingredients:

• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
  • 125 mils white wine
  • 400 mils chicken stock (I make my own but you can use oxo cubes)
  • salt and pepper
  • dash of worcestershire sauce
Melt butter in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are very soft and deep golden brown.Add wine and cook on high for 3-5 minutes, until reduced by half. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and worcestershire sauce.

I make a big batch and freeze it into small portions that I can re-heat.

For the crisp breads I use a Swedish whole grain one, slice some mature cheddar and pop them in the oven for about 5 mins until the cheese melts.

Attachments

• FrenchOnionSoup.jpg
    FrenchOnionSoup.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 202

madstaffyblonde1

http://tickers.wlsurgery.
The cherry shake looks lovely but I dont like cottage cheese is there anything I could add instead or just completely leave it out?

I will definatley be trying some of these out, great idea to add the pictures aswell.

phatgirl

Dinner Day 1:

Quiche (with prawns & roast veg)

6 Large Eggs beaten
2 tablespoons Milk
250g Cottage Cheese
Spelt flour 1 tbsp
Any cooked veg - Roast Veg, diced (swede, carrot, onion, courgette - I used left overs from night before's dinner)
Any meat - 200g Small prawns, cooked & peeled, I used frozen and defrosted by running water over them
Any type of cheese - Shredded mature cheddar, 125g
Seasoning to taste (I used herbs de provence, salt and pepper with a dash of caribean seasoning but it is really up to you what you like)

Beat eggs with the milk, add cottage cheese some seasoning and flour, combine until somewhat smooth. Then add in veg, prawns & 1/2 the cheddar. Pour into your cooking dish (I used 3 glass dishes but sometimes I make them in fairy cake pan to create quiche cups)

Top with remaining cheese and some seasoning.

Bake at 200/Gas mark 6 (180 for fan assisted) for 30-40 minutes until the quiche looks firm (no wobble in the surface when you shake it) and is golden.

Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes, the quiche will shrink as it cools so don't panic if it becomes flat, that is normal!

Remeber this can be customized, I use leftover bacon, swiss cheese & grilled peppers which is a lovely combo. Also, spicy things work well too, like leftover curry or spicy sausage. Have fun with it. I sometimes top it with fresh tomato slices or fresh mushrooms.

Attachments

• prawns.jpg
    prawns.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 252
  • roastveg.jpg
    roastveg.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 168
  • eggmixture.jpg
    eggmixture.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 239
  • quicheBefore.jpg
    quicheBefore.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 201
  • QuicheAfter.jpg
    QuicheAfter.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 271

phatgirl

Quiche Cups w/mushrooms & peppers

Attachments

• mushroomQuicheCups.jpg
    mushroomQuicheCups.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 212

phatgirl

Attachments

• clementine.jpg
    clementine.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 196
  • Coffee.jpg
    Coffee.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 225
  • bananaberry.jpg
    bananaberry.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

phatgirl

The cherry shake looks lovely but I dont like cottage cheese is there anything I could add instead or just completely leave it out?

You can skip the cottage cheese but you really can't taste it I promise because all the other flavours are strong. You could replace it with either extra milk, more yogurt or even ricotta cheese which all would add to the protein content and creamy texture.

Try it once with the cottage cheese you may be very surprised!:D

RoseA

Thanks - what a fantastic idea to take photos ! So far so good - it all looks deliciously like normal food. What a relief...

Rose

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
Brilliant thread Nic, thank you! I thought of you yesterday when I was shopping, I came across some brown sugar Splenda, I remembered seeing it in one of your recipies so bought some and will find the recipe and try it! :D

Cuppa xx

shazbrad

WOW i will look forward to seeing your recipes so i can get some ideas i also think you should think about writing a recipe book for post oppers like us and also put in some of your brilliant tips and advice :D I would definately buy it :)

sukay

Trying to focus on future
Thank you soooo much Nic

I love the idea of Quiche Cups :)