• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pierce - Rep stars?

Mrs Depp

Is there any way they can be changed once people reach, say, 10 stars? It's just that I was congratulating Sandy on her stars a couple of days ago and I joked about maybe once past a certain number they could be changed to a disco ball lol. You know how much us ladies love our sparkly things lol and I understand that this may be a stupid suggestion, but would you be able to work something out Pierce? :D

I think we could, but at the moment it seems to be accelerating to a point where its just nuts.

Id be tempted to push forward the idea of resetting reputation to 0 and making it much harder to get to gold stars...

Pierce

Well the point of reputation is to reward somebody for a good post. Now that people are running out of space for stars... you know there's something wrong.

The mods and I are talking at the moment on an alternative to reputation. The only question is whether we will increase the amount of reputation needed, or phase out reputation.

Pierce

I dont really care about stars.. but i love getting rep comments.. cos its from nice people.. hehe.. =).. they make me smile whn i see "new rep comment" at the top..
x x

I have to absolutely agree with everyone. Myself, I only have a measly rep in comparison to all of the above, however I was proud that it was building.

Mrs Depps original suggestion of moving on to another symbol, such as a discoball when there is no room for stars would have seemed a more plausable idea instead of taking away everyones reputation points.

Those points have been earned for being a valued member that inputs on a regular basis, I don't think it's right that they should be deducted.

Rather hoping admin will turn around this decision.

Kerry x

Can't help noticing that the stars on peoples profiles have turned an ugly brown ?????

I agree with the people who say after earning a certain number of stars, the symbol is maybe changed to a diamond or something if its a space issue.

reputation points are just a bit of fun, but it is nice to give and receive a nice comment for a good post, regardless of how many points it earns. I've been thinking about this since I first noticed the debate yesterday, and I can't figure out who would have a problem with people having reputation points, unless it was less popular posters feeling jealous ?

I first noticed the debate yesterday, and I can't figure out who would have a problem with people having reputation points, unless it was less popular posters feeling jealous ?

No, it was a bit more complicated than that ;) Some groups agree on a thread, others pm approval, and some groups rep.

Sometimes I'll get rep for saying LOL, but not for a post that gets lots of approval on a thread (which I'd rather as it gets discussion going), so I'm pretty sure it happens to others and they can be safe in knowing that everyone is valuable here, regardless of whether they are seen to be more 'powerful' by way of points :)

Sometimes I'll get rep for saying LOL, but not for a post that gets lots of approval on a thread (which I'd rather as it gets discussion going), so I'm pretty sure it happens to others and they can be safe in knowing that everyone is valuable here, regardless of whether they are seen to be more 'powerful' by way of points :)

The word 'powerful' actually proves my thought process of it coming down to basic jealousy, to me the pretty stars, were just signs of people who took part and had friends, not once did I even think of it being a powerstatus symbol.

But thanks for taking the time to explain it from another point of view.

The word 'powerful' actually proves my thought process of it coming down to basic jealousy,

I only used the word powerful, because that's what they are called. Power points :D

I only used the word powerful, because that's what they are called. Power points :D

They've always been referred to as reputation or rep points, even when you put the mouse over the little white symbol thats what it says.

Anyhow I'm happy enough that my question has been answered, although the fact they've now turned an ugly brown remains a mystery, but never mind, I'll not be paying much attention to them now that I realise what it all actually means.

Back